More Cubase Questions, Selecting sounds
Kapto
Sep 6 2008, 05:42 PM
GMC:er
Hi all.
After converting a GP4 file into a midi file I open it with cubase to change the intruments for a more realistic sound. The thing is for example:
I choose track 1-keyboard press f11 vst-legacycell (healing guitar) sound. ok
I press play and the sound changes to something else that I don't want.
Same with broomstick bass.
Question
How do you stick an instrument and presets to a track and stay there from beginning to end?
Thanks in advanced

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harris Sopovic
Sep 6 2008, 07:02 PM
Instructor
Ive had the same problem before. Im not 100% sure if i remember how i solved it. But since the instrument tracks in guitarpro are assigned to different chanells and effects you will either have to assign them to the chanell you wish to use in cubase and then export the midi. Or you could just copy the notes in the midifile in cubase and paste them on a new midi track. As i said, i cant remember exactly how i did it. But i'll get back to you as soon as ive figured out how. But try that first and see if it works.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 6 2008, 08:19 PM
Instructor
When you import MIDI into Cubase do you set Legacy Cell as output in the instructor view of the MIDI track? Also do you put MIDI channel to "ANY"?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kapto
Sep 6 2008, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 6 2008, 08:19 PM) *
When you import MIDI into Cubase do you set Legacy Cell as output in the instructor view of the MIDI track? Also do you put MIDI channel to "ANY"?

Yes in both cases.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 6 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
Delete all midi controls and automations. Other software like Guitar Pro sticks some other midi controls on it and after in Cubase you have to go to the "event list" and delete all controls and programs on your midi track . Just leave the notes. I haven't used Cubase for a long time so I can't remember where is the "event list" exactly but this is will for sure solve your problem. If you save it in midi format 0 it will save all your programs and sounds with them. Midi format 1 only saves your notes.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Kapto
Sep 7 2008, 09:56 AM
Thank you guys for your replies.
I managed finally. (I don't know how) but I did wink.gif . I think with R (read) disable W (enable).
I'll try next time what Emir says and let you know.
Bleeding cubase takes hours of my guitar practice away mad.gif
Thanks again

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2008, 04:40 PM
Instructor
You can find some nice video tuts on Cubase, I managed to learn it quite fast that way. I hate those fat PC books smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 14 2008, 04:05 PM
Singing Instructor
I had the same problems at the beginning of the Nuendo(Cubase) learning,video tutorials are a great thing as Ivan sad.No matter how much you think you know,tutorial always proves me wrong smile.gif.
And I always try to remember and learn by heart what I'v seen in tutorial.So next time I dont haw the same problem again.
Just be patient.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:40 PM