3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Wrk's Mtp Thread, All assignments and uploads here
wrk
Sep 26 2009, 11:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 25 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Very nice Andy, both takes are melodic and similar somewhat. I like that you went a little bit outside of the chord tones and did some approach patterns and chromaticism. I would like to see that more and more into your lines as that tool will make them sound jazzier. Another advice I can give you is to start thinking in terms of time feel even more. In other words do a slow phrase followed by really fast one. Do this for whole chorus, see what you can make out of this idea!

Thanks Pedja .. i will work on that smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 27 2009, 01:33 AM
Instructor
Ok Andy great. Let me know when you have something new for me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Sep 27 2009, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Pedja,

Here is a 3rd take over the mixolydian backing. I tried this time to add some faster runs in there. Overall a bit shaky, but anyway ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Good work Andy. I especially like the balance of time feel soloing in the first half of the solo. After that it wasn't that evident. Also, try not to use so much identical sequence and exercise based licks when playing double time feel. I got the feeling you could have gone in 3 octaves using that legato sequence. Idea is to brake out phrasing, use pentatonics, arpeggios, chromatic approaches and all the other devices we talked about. I get a feeling you can do better then what you did currently. Correct me if I am wrong please smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Sep 28 2009, 04:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I knew somehow you wouldn't like that, but thought to post it anyway smile.gif
Will try to work on some other ideas ... Thanks !!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Sep 28 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I knew somehow you wouldn't like that, but thought to post it anyway smile.gif
Will try to work on some other ideas ... Thanks !!

Hehe cool, I am glad you are feeling when I am not entirely happy smile.gif So far you are doing great, lets see more of it with double time ideas !

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:55 AM