Building My Own Guitar, A blog ( Totally not copying Andrew :) )
Smikey2006
Nov 14 2007, 07:32 AM
GMC:er
Well it may have been an accident but i purchased the first parts for what is going to be my crazy custom guitar. Ive drawn terrible sketches which i will post soon and ive made a plan and now im purchasing parts. Basically the body is a very wierd shape that reminds me of something from a fantasy world. Because of this i am going to purchase an ibanez Jem Neck to get those beutiful Inlays and the 24 jumbo frets i desire. Ive ordered a standard Chrome Floyd Rose as my bridge with tremelo and 2 Dragonfire white humbuckers. The setup on this guitar will be so simple it scares most small children. both pickups always active. 1 volume nob. Thats right folks.. im bad at wirering smile.gif I buy off ebay businesses because its easy heres the link to my bridge and pickups!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Black-Floyd-Rose-Lic-Tr...1QQcmdZViewItem

and the pickups are these

http://www.dragonfireguitars.com/product_i...products_id=282

ill take my own pictures once they arrive smile.gif Sometime soon the bridge will be here, the humbuckers after christmas.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 14 2007, 07:44 AM
Sounds pretty cool
Ddi you already have a body or are you going to have to buy one?I like buying parts like this on Ebay and building up guitars.One thing i can tell you though is that Neck isnt going to be cheap at all.Expect to pay several Hundred Dollars or whatever it is in Canada.Necks especially name brand are very expensive on Ebay and anywhere i guess.You can really buy a body for the same or less price than the neck.Good luck with it and hope to see some more pics of what your working with soon smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 14 2007, 07:48 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nice idea Smikey and good luck with the project.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 14 2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks. Yes the neck is going to be the most expensive part i believe. I just cant imagine myself building 1 is the only problem. I intend to build the body ive designed it and its very simple i will pritty much only have to cut it out and sand it to the right shape. But the neck would be a challenge for me.. i have limited tools and such. 1 way i have thought about cutting the price back is buy buying any old neck and then just buying the JEM fretboard.. all i want is wicked inlays biggrin.gif I am also going to make my own head and fit in on somehow. The thing will hopefully come together someway or another smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 21 2007, 01:27 AM
My Bridge has arrived biggrin.gif. ill upload pictures later today.. i also have a first design drawn up which ill scan.. im a terrible drawer but u can get the idea of what it shall look like smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2007, 08:19 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Very cool. Keep us posted! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Nov 21 2007, 09:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Where can you buy the JEM necks? I was looking into building my own guitar also with a JEM neck, but couldn't find anyone selling it :/

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:51 PM