9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
The Soulful Ballad Collab, Instructors/Students Video Collaboration
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Sep 28 2014, 04:50 PM) *
Thx Cosmin!
Agree on the AP part...need much more time with it but I know this week will be short of time for me to practise so it must be like this smile.gif
Thx for being honest, I take it all with me when I sit with my guitar and trying to be more precise.
And-... Glad u liked it biggrin.gif

Honesty is the only way in which you guys can progress and I too would like to receive it every time in life - even though it hurts in some cases. Pretty much a lot smile.gif But it's always better to know where you stand, so please receive my compliments for your creativity and put it to work for more amazing things, while learning how to polish them in order to make them shine smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 28 2014, 01:29 PM) *
here's my efforts

Congratulations good Sir! I am amazed of your newly acquired feeling and soulful touch! Very nice themes and interpretation here! My sincerest congratulations!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 29 2014, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 29 2014, 03:54 PM) *
Congratulations good Sir! I am amazed of your newly acquired feeling and soulful touch! Very nice themes and interpretation here! My sincerest congratulations!

Thank you boss, that's really awesome to hear biggrin.gif
all the peter green solos I've been listening to recently ( and trying to steal ) must be rubbing off on me a little!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2014, 01:17 PM
Instructor
Well, I was just being honest and I am glad you had some great stuff to share with us!

Anyway, gentlemen! We have 10 more days till the deadline, so who else is in? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 30 2014, 02:54 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool stuff you have got going on here. I might give this one a go as well - it's been a long time since I tried singing over a ballad.

Keep the great takes coming!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2014, 03:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 30 2014, 10:54 AM) *
Very cool stuff you have got going on here. I might give this one a go as well - it's been a long time since I tried singing over a ballad.

Keep the great takes coming!

Awesome!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2014, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Ooo, Kris is on the boat - allow me to add you to the list, good Sir!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 1 2014, 12:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys, this is my take smile.gif Million thanks to my brilliant instructor Darek smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2014, 01:26 PM
GMC Founder
^aand yet a killer take. Well done Monica I love your touch sensitive tone and how your picking hand makes use of it!

I found this backing challenging, although very cool sounding. It somehow seemed harmonically static to me, although the chords obviously are there. I guess I must have been listening to too much heavy metal?!

Anyway here is my vocal attempt at the chorus/ending: Attached File  tasty_kris3.mp3 ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 135

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 1 2014, 02:54 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 1 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Hey guys, this is my take smile.gif Million thanks to my brilliant instructor Darek smile.gif

Now this was very sensitive, Monica! Really mean it..
You took this piece and made it the way it was meant to be.
I saw this trainstation where her man was leaving for war and there was so much pain and love between them.
It was very emotional.. Very good and nicely played:)

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 1 2014, 05:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 1 2014, 12:59 PM) *

I'm just speechless!
It's so beautiful...

Bravo!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2014, 05:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 1 2014, 08:59 AM) *

Hey Monica! This take is fantastic. I love how you combined the phrases and the way you managed expression and dynamics. I'm impressed of how fast your guitar playing is evolving. This take is so tasty. Congrats and thanks for joining!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 1 2014, 09:26 AM) *
^aand yet a killer take. Well done Monica I love your touch sensitive tone and how your picking hand makes use of it!

I found this backing challenging, although very cool sounding. It somehow seemed harmonically static to me, although the chords obviously are there. I guess I must have been listening to too much heavy metal?!

Anyway here is my vocal attempt at the chorus/ending: Attached File  tasty_kris3.mp3 ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 135

is that Devin Towsend singing there?? hehehe your voice and melodies made me remember to the amazing album called "Sex & Religion". I think that this voices will make the final mix more musical and funny to hear. Great job Kris!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 1 2014, 05:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Oct 1 2014, 12:59 PM) *

awesome stuff from the girl in black smile.gif
Great take, Monica. Very cool dynamics.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 1 2014, 09:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Monica! I just listened to your track a few times and it's great. At first listen it seemed very Timmonsy, but after listening very carefully I got a lot of you. The note choices exceptional, the note that stood out most was the climax note 2 or 3 to the last that still held a bit of tension. I could feel it in my chest. There is something that happens around 18sec and I heard it 3 times not consecutively that seemed like a mini flatness but by no means am I one to judge on pitch.

What was that climactic interval at the end? Great job!

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 2 2014, 02:19 AM
Tone Seeker

Yes! great take!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 2 2014, 07:05 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 1 2014, 12:26 PM) *

Thank you so much Kris smile.gif I'm happy you like it and I really appreciate your opinion smile.gif
BTW I like your vocal track. It will be a new and fresh add for collab wink.gif

QUOTE (Nava @ Oct 1 2014, 01:54 PM) *
Now this was very sensitive, Monica! Really mean it..
You took this piece and made it the way it was meant to be.
I saw this trainstation where her man was leaving for war and there was so much pain and love between them.
It was very emotional.. Very good and nicely played:)

Nava, thank you very much for your kind words smile.gif You know if I close my eyes I can imagine your story over this song wink.gif

QUOTE (Rhida @ Oct 1 2014, 04:10 PM) *
I'm just speechless!
It's so beautiful...

Bravo!!!

Thank you Rhida smile.gif I tried to make something emotional. I'm glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2014, 04:31 PM) *
Hey Monica! This take is fantastic. I love how you combined the phrases and the way you managed expression and dynamics. I'm impressed of how fast your guitar playing is evolving. This take is so tasty. Congrats and thanks for joining!! smile.gif

Gab, thank you my friend smile.gif I'm happy that my evolution begins to became visible. I can't see this things as you because I want more and more and more and I can't realise exactly every step smile.gif In my army schedule I'm behind biggrin.gif I try to learn all things how fast I can but....time goes fast

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 1 2014, 04:54 PM) *
awesome stuff from the girl in black smile.gif
Great take, Monica. Very cool dynamics.

Thank you Bleez smile.gif You know my friends when saw this black video and heard this style of playing, they told me: Oh...you made another "cut veins" song biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Oct 1 2014, 08:42 PM) *
Monica! I just listened to your track a few times and it's great. At first listen it seemed very Timmonsy, but after listening very carefully I got a lot of you. The note choices exceptional, the note that stood out most was the climax note 2 or 3 to the last that still held a bit of tension. I could feel it in my chest. There is something that happens around 18sec and I heard it 3 times not consecutively that seemed like a mini flatness but by no means am I one to judge on pitch.

What was that climactic interval at the end? Great job!

Thank you my friend smile.gif Yes, it's a little Timmonsy tongue.gif Actually the main purpose was to manage some particular notes in his way (as example: 0:24-0:25). Many hours I made experiments and I put the pick in different angle to understand which is optimal position for a typical sound. After that it remains only to manage how hard or soft to pick (this was the easy part).

I don't know exactly what happened around 0:18. The funny thing is that on the guitar track alone and original video from my PC, isn't that mini flatness. Look, here is the guitar track only, listen it and tell me if you hear the same thing wink.gif Sorry for the last 2 sec from the track, but I slipped the mutting and one string resonate biggrin.gif Of course this thing can't be heard over backing wink.gif

About interval, you mean at 0:54- 0:56? I overlay 2 notes leaving and pointing the third. I don't know if I explained it well in english but if you don't understand I will ask Cosmin to translate what I wanted to say wink.gif

Attached File  Soulful_Ballad___guitar_only.wav ( 18.26MB ) Number of downloads: 123

QUOTE (huargo @ Oct 2 2014, 01:19 AM) *
Yes! great take!

Thank you so much, Huargo smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Oct 2 2014, 07:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2014, 08:47 AM
Instructor

..control, melody, phrasing, touch and feel! Amazing take here! I am very proud and happy to see your evolution and I am thanking you for joining this collab, Monica!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2014, 04:31 PM) *

is that Devin Towsend singing there?? hehehe your voice and melodies made me remember to the amazing album called "Sex & Religion". I think that this voices will make the final mix more musical and funny to hear. Great job Kris!

I second this! You do sound like Devy biggrin.gif Very nice lines, man!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Oct 2 2014, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star

Thank you my friend smile.gif Yes, it's a little Timmonsy tongue.gif Actually the main purpose was to manage some particular notes in his way (as example: 0:24-0:25). Many hours I made experiments and I put the pick in different angle to understand which is optimal position for a typical sound. After that it remains only to manage how hard or soft to pick (this was the easy part).

I don't know exactly what happened around 0:18. The funny thing is that on the guitar track alone and original video from my PC, isn't that mini flatness. Look, here is the guitar track only, listen it and tell me if you hear the same thing wink.gif Sorry for the last 2 sec from the track, but I slipped the mutting and one string resonate biggrin.gif Of course this thing can't be heard over backing wink.gif

About interval, you mean at 0:54- 0:56? I overlay 2 notes leaving and pointing the third. I don't know if I explained it well in english but if you don't understand I will ask Cosmin to translate what I wanted to say wink.gif

Attached File  Soulful_Ballad___guitar_only.wav ( 18.26MB ) Number of downloads: 123

Hey Monica I feel so silly, for some reason I kept listening for this thing that happened and I think for some reason my senses were reacting to the wobblyness of the notes around 17 sec on this slowed down version. Basically I made it up. Your take sounds pretty darn good slowed down half speed.

+Quote Post
Deleted
Oct 2 2014, 06:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Beautiful take Monica!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 2 2014, 07:28 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Is it still possible to join in? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 2 2014, 07:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 2 2014, 07:28 PM) *
Is it still possible to join in? smile.gif

for sure, the official deadline is not until the 9th smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:38 PM