15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 19 2008, 08:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I am quite disapointed by the HUGE amount of members, who went out of GMC sad.gif If it is a bad topic, close it.. I just felt, I needed to get this out of me... It made me sad, that so many people went out of this site... you know.. I wont be leaving - if just for the community.. but also all the stuff that going around here.. all colabs, contests.. And some of them even directly said, that they dont want to go back... everywhere around here I read how we all share our "love" towards GMC.. and now this..

I just dont get it sad.gif Why?sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Mar 22 2008, 12:31 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Mar 19 2008, 08:39 PM
GMC:er
that is true.... mellow.gif i dont know what to say... mellow.gif
I dont think ill be leaving for a long long (long.....) time...

but what u say is all true. We should do something about it.
i dont have any ideas tho.... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 19 2008, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Actually I don't think anybody is leaving. Few people have joined another competitive site (but I really don't see any big competition there to be honest and objective) but the sites member rate is growing as always. When I joined it (this was in november) site had like 3900 members, and now... well 4600, that's 700 members in 5 months!! THat's like 4, 5 members coming daily here...so GMC is a huge community, the best on the net of its kind, and I'm not saying this only because of the huge number of members, bu tbecause it is an awesome community, with tons of great stuff to learn and place to come when you need anything at all - not just guitar. That is priceless! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 19 2008, 08:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Its around 20 people from what I saw, that are two-sided now.. and few of them just got away from GMC - at least I havent seen them posting here for a few days.. I just dont see ANYTHING you cant get here... if you skip pavel.. I agree, that he is cool.. but.. you have 40 lessons here? I dont want to talk about Pavel anymore - its his decision.. but you probably have a picture about what I think sad.gif

Also, I am a bit afraid, that another of my favourite instructors will "migrate" sad.gif Sorry if I am being.. too emotive:D It just struck me you know sad.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 19 2008, 08:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
+ 1 with Ivan

It is not a big deal so not to worry. Those who have signed up with a competitor site are probably just curious more than anything! And i doubt many of those are leaving GMC wink.gif

GMC gave me something very special when life wasnt so good to me - and for that I am VERY greatful !! There will always be competor sites, there always has been - this is not a new thing ! i wish them the very best of luck, as long as they are happy. smile.gif

GMC is very unique in many special ways, so lets get back to learning and haveing fun biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Owen
I can't really say anything, suffice to say there is a lot your being kept in the dark about.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
I'm in the dark about this too.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Instructor
People come and go all the time, this is a large community. If a couple of people (out of 4600...) has gone that's no big deal. Actually I think they will be back since this place is just too awesome to miss. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 19 2008, 08:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Oh, censorship or what? biggrin.gif (and now I said what I shouldn't biggrin.gif ) But yes.. maybe I am just being oversensitive:D

--------------------

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 19 2008, 08:59 PM
When I saw the title of this topic, I actually thought someone was leaving again -.-

Thankfully not.

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 19 2008, 09:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Guys, there just guitar lesson sites smile.gif Besides, aren't we all just trying to learn as much, and absorb as much information as possible? wink.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Mar 19 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 19 2008, 09:02 PM) *
Guys, there just guitar lesson sites smile.gif Besides, aren't we all just trying to learn as much, and absorb as much information as possible? wink.gif

+1

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 19 2008, 09:11 PM
Instructor
Actually my mistake, i was member 3341 so my account is around 8 members per day are signed in... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 19 2008, 09:15 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Mar 19 2008, 08:50 PM) *
I can't really say anything, suffice to say there is a lot your being kept in the dark about.

Yep.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 19 2008, 09:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 19 2008, 08:32 PM) *
I am quite disapointed by the HUGE amount of members, who went out of GMC sad.gif [b]If it is a bad topic, close it..

Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes lately I have thought to myself that it's because we're tough on swearing, sexism etc but you should all know that's out of concideration towards the general atmosphere in the forum, ie out of respect to everyone here. That's you folks.

During the years (I'm not that old but anyway) I've gathered some experience and one of those are that I'm not leaving a winning team. Which I think GMC is. I rather stick around to better it if there are flaws and I know for a fact that switching to something new (job, new site ot whatever) is always a risk. What might look good at a first glance might not be all that and a bag of chips. So for that sake I'd never ever tell the boss my mind when leaving a job for another, or degrade GMC if I were switching sites. I may want to go back to my old job or stick with GMC so just to get something off of my mind to burn all bridges or cut all bonds is never in my favor.

But anyway, we'll keep working to make GMC a better place, always. My part in that is to moderate which is a tiny part compared to what Staff and not the least all the members, us guys, make it to be. So everyone should pat yourselves on the back since it's not GMC without you, and if someone leaves... well, that's fine and normal and I don't see the point in telling everyone "I'm leaving" unless you feel like it's a breakup from family. I know if I wasn't involved I would just disappear. So in a way I'm puzzled ppl have to say they are leaving or that they will stick to both sites unless GMC made an impression.

Anyone who wants a bit of foul language and a bit of tactics and some warfare come join the alliance I'm part of at
http://rage.earthstats.net/user/rage/ragepower.html
I've been playing this game since -96 and I'm still with it. Hope to be here struggeling with my guitar playing aswell in 10 years from now laugh.gif
Now, join and tell them "bayag" sent ya ;-)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 19 2008, 09:39 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 19 2008, 04:16 PM) *
Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes lately I have thought to myself that it's because we're tough on swearing, sexism etc but you should all know that's out of concideration towards the general atmosphere in the forum, ie out of respect to everyone here. That's you folks.

During the years (I'm not that old but anyway) I've gathered some experience and one of those are that I'm not leaving a winning team. Which I think GMC is. I rather stick around to better it if there are flaws and I know for a fact that switching to something new (job, new site ot whatever) is always a risk. What might look good at a first glance might not be all that and a bag of chips. So for that sake I'd never ever tell the boss my mind when leaving a job for another, or degrade GMC if I were switching sites. I may want to go back to my old job or stick with GMC so just to get something off of my mind to burn all bridges or cut all bonds is never in my favor.

But anyway, we'll keep working to make GMC a better place, always. My part in that is to moderate which is a tiny part compared to what Staff and not the least all the members, us guys, make it to be. So everyone should pat yourselves on the back since it's not GMC without you, and if someone leaves... well, that's fine and normal and I don't see the point in telling everyone "I'm leaving" unless you feel like it's a breakup from family. I know if I wasn't involved I would just disappear. So in a way I'm puzzled ppl have to say they are leaving or that they will stick to both sites unless GMC made an impression.

Anyone who wants a bit of foul language and a bit of tactics and some warfare come join the alliance I'm part of at
http://rage.earthstats.net/user/rage/ragepower.html
I've been playing this game since -96 and I'm still with it. Hope to be here struggeling with my guitar playing aswell in 10 years from now laugh.gif
Now, join and tell them "bayag" sent ya ;-)

I just joined the game but I didnt get a conformation e-mail. I went back to check if I typed in the right e-mail address and I did can you help MickeM?

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 19 2008, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Mar 19 2008, 08:50 PM) *

Uh...lame. Nothing against you personally Owen, but there seems to be something going on I'm not aware of. Personal vendettas or conflicts aside, does this have anything to do with any problem with this site as a learning tool/community? Just want to know if this "thing" is going to affect anything that has to do with me learning guitar. If it's a personal conflict or something that's fine, I'll let the people directly involved deal with it, it shouldn't be spread out among the entire community, but if it's going to affect me as a student I would like to know.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 19 2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think they make gathering, it's just different lessons. And one always tries the best to learn, more sites, more lessons! (I have not that money and personally I'm satisfied with the amounts of lessons I find here but there are plenty of ways of learning guitar, one doesn't exclude the other!)

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 19 2008, 09:48 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 19 2008, 10:00 PM
GMC Founder
This is a great topic Jakub - thanks for bringing it up! biggrin.gif

Well my philosophy has never been to force anyone to like or be at GMC - on the contrary if someone doesn't like GMC or doesn't want to obey the rules... I'll be the first to tell them to leave.

GMC for me has been about using the internet do something which I find really cool - if someone else doesn't find it cool then it means that

1 - they are cooler than us

2 - we have different definitions of "cool"

If someone thinks that GMC doesn't deserve the title "coolest guitar website" then there is nothing we can say to change that - all we can do is make it better. Which is what we have been doing the last couple of years and intend to keep doing.

Thanks for all the fantastic feedback! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Mar 19 2008, 10:04 PM
I just want to state that i have never seen or been in a community as friendly as this one, and i think that your doing a fine job keeping it that way.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:03 AM