Instructors, Please Include Amp Model In Lesson Description
Digimortal
May 27 2013, 10:35 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
In the main page of a lesson instructors are always kind enough to mention the gear used to make the recording (Guitar/Amp/Plugin/DAW etc.).

Many instructors use amp modeling nowadays but then i often see only the hardware/software named but not the amp model used.

Would be great if you guys could name the amp model (and maybe some basic bass/mid/treble settings) used so guys with modeling equipment can get in the ballpark of the tone of the lesson quickly.

So instead of :

Guitar Rig 4
Amplitube

This :

Guitar Rig 4 - Fender Twin Reverb
Amplitube 3 - Marshall Plexi (lots of mid)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars : Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK6, Charvel model 2, Hamer slammer, Ibanez RG 7string, Ibanez soundgear 6string bass, Fender strat, LTD MH1000, Jackson Adrian Smith SDX, Taylor acoustic

Amp : Line6 spider 75 watt

FX : Maxon OD9, BBE sonicstomp, Boss CS3/NS2/TU2/DD5
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2013, 02:12 AM
Instructor
Hi man! Cool nickname! It's that because of Fear Factory??

I use Lines 6 Pod HD 500 and I use to share my tones or specify the amp model used. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 08:49 AM
Instructor
True, this is a very good observation - since I only use analogue devices concerning the raw tone - I always write down the tone corrections of my AMT unit. Don't know if it helps, but I know at least 2 guys here that own one of those smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 28 2013, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Good idea. I think I'll post the screens of amp setup if this would be possible smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2013, 11:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 28 2013, 10:07 AM) *
Good idea. I think I'll post the screens of amp setup if this would be possible smile.gif

Best idea! +1

+Quote Post
Digimortal
May 28 2013, 06:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 28 2013, 01:12 AM) *
Hi man! Cool nickname! It's that because of Fear Factory??

I use Lines 6 Pod HD 500 and I use to share my tones or specify the amp model used. wink.gif

Yes, is from Fear Factory. Although Digimortal is probably my least favorite FF album I like the story/theme behind it.

Thanks all for considering my request, looking forward to more easily dial in the lesson tones on my Kemper !

--------------------
Guitars : Jackson DXMG, Jackson DK6, Charvel model 2, Hamer slammer, Ibanez RG 7string, Ibanez soundgear 6string bass, Fender strat, LTD MH1000, Jackson Adrian Smith SDX, Taylor acoustic

Amp : Line6 spider 75 watt

FX : Maxon OD9, BBE sonicstomp, Boss CS3/NS2/TU2/DD5

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2013, 08:27 AM
GMC:er
How about including the actual preset? I always include the preset/patch I'm using in a given video chat lesson. Usually in two formats at least. Guitar Rig 4/5 and Overloud TH2. That way the student can simply load up the patch and shred away smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Digimortal @ May 27 2013, 05:35 PM) *
In the main page of a lesson instructors are always kind enough to mention the gear used to make the recording (Guitar/Amp/Plugin/DAW etc.).

Many instructors use amp modeling nowadays but then i often see only the hardware/software named but not the amp model used.

Would be great if you guys could name the amp model (and maybe some basic bass/mid/treble settings) used so guys with modeling equipment can get in the ballpark of the tone of the lesson quickly.

So instead of :

Guitar Rig 4
Amplitube

This :

Guitar Rig 4 - Fender Twin Reverb
Amplitube 3 - Marshall Plexi (lots of mid)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:39 PM