11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Post Your Desktop, Because It's Interesting...
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 06:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
Xp is a very solid and now reliable OS. I would not swap it for vista untill its matured ALOT!!

I am very bored with the look though so some of these apps may just be the ticket!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 8 2007, 06:15 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
+1 Matt.

I'm pretty happy with XP at the mo - taken a while to get it that way but at the mo it's pretty solid. So cue impending date when MS stop support and patching for XP rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 8 2007, 06:15 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 7 2007, 11:02 PM) *
Xp is a very solid and now reliable OS. I would not swap it for vista untill its matured ALOT!!

I agree about Vista. Vista has some good ideas but it needs a lot of work!

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 7 2007, 11:02 PM) *
I am very bored with the look though so some of these apps may just be the ticket!

That is one of the reasons I start these threads! Some people have awesome applications, this thread helps get cool applications, such as RocketDock, out there to our community. It is really about helping each other find cool and interesting gadgets to put on our computers. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 8 2007, 06:26 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 8 2007, 05:15 AM) *
+1 Matt.

I'm pretty happy with XP at the mo - taken a while to get it that way but at the mo it's pretty solid. So cue impending date when MS stop support and patching for XP rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Yes i remember when i was working for a big firm and they fazed out Win 2k!! It is a shame they feel the need to phase out there Operating System support sad.gif

VISTA looks great! But thats as far as it goes for now - maybe ill upgrade to it in a couple years.

I have this thing about "BLOATWARE" where companys relase software which hogs resources and does not make the most of hardware.

If you take a look at older Systems like the Commodore Amiga, you did not need to keep updateing hardware and operating systems because the programmers squeezed everything out of what you already had!!

My current PC is a few years old now, but i gaurentee it runs a hell of alot faster than a lot of pcs you buy from a store today. Why? Because when i install XP i remove every last useless service/process/application then fine tune the OS to make the most of my hardware!! smile.gif

Rant over laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 8 2007, 06:30 AM
This is mine. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Soul_Decision: Nov 8 2007, 06:35 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 8 2007, 06:33 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 7 2007, 10:30 PM) *
This is mine. smile.gif

That's a very interesting desktop you have there...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 8 2007, 06:37 AM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 7 2007, 09:33 PM) *
That's a very interesting desktop you have there...

Accidentally added the wrong extension lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Nov 8 2007, 06:41 AM
Tifa! ohmy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 8 2007, 06:44 AM
QUOTE (Soul_Decision @ Nov 7 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Accidentally added the wrong extension lol.

But that truly is a very interesting desktop you have there. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 8 2007, 06:47 AM
Lol, thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 8 2007, 07:53 AM
Instructor
That's mine :

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 8 2007, 07:54 AM
Very nice Juan! I like your bar and, of course, the JEM is very sexy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AliMo
Nov 8 2007, 07:58 AM
heres mine, hope u like the censorship tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 8 2007, 08:01 AM
Hahaha, there are some awesome PhotoShop versions of famous art pieces in here. Great stuff keep them coming!

+Quote Post
Francisca
Nov 8 2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not going to bore you guys with my desktop, since it really has nothing on it I think I can suffice with putting up a single element of the whole:

Grand, isn't it? I captured the entire essence of my lame wallpaper in a single pixel. Perhaps some explanation might be necessary: I run XP in classic mode and have turned off any bell or whistle to improve speed. I also have 0 (yes that's ZERO, not a hole in the forum) icons since each icon takes up resources, and a wallpaper even more. It's the curse of every serious gamer out there. woe to us.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 8 2007, 11:46 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Nice pixel though ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 8 2007, 11:48 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Whenever i take a picture of my desktop, the file appears blank, maybe im doing it wrong i guess. but this is the picture.

Elder Scrolls Pwns.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Nov 8 2007, 11:49 AM

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 8 2007, 11:49 AM
QUOTE (Francisca @ Nov 8 2007, 04:23 AM) *
I'm not going to bore you guys with my desktop, since it really has nothing on it I think I can suffice with putting up a single element of the whole:

Grand, isn't it? I captured the entire essence of my lame wallpaper in a single pixel. Perhaps some explanation might be necessary: I run XP in classic mode and have turned off any bell or whistle to improve speed. I also have 0 (yes that's ZERO, not a hole in the forum) icons since each icon takes up resources, and a wallpaper even more. It's the curse of every serious gamer out there. woe to us.

Nonsense! I want to see everyone's!

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 8 2007, 04:46 AM) *
Nice pixel though ...

This means you as well, Andrew! Show me that desktop! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 8 2007, 11:59 AM
Moderation Policy Director
If I must ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 8 2007, 12:04 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey andrew how do you get a picture of your desktop?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:01 AM