Th-u Rockguy
Mertay
Jan 26 2022, 06:11 PM
GMC:er
https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rockguy

Been a while since something got my attention so much. It's really good, depending on the cab. extremely versatile with minimal tweaking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2022, 07:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Mertay,

I'm in two minds, I already have option paralysis. I think there's a 14 day trial available, I might check it out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2022, 04:50 AM
I think you may have missed my post about this? It's all good though. The more the merrier smile.gif I have gotten the trial version and am gonna give it a go!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry795818

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 26 2022, 01:11 PM) *
https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rockguy

Been a while since something got my attention so much. It's really good, depending on the cab. extremely versatile with minimal tweaking.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 27 2022, 02:41 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 27 2022, 03:50 AM) *

ooops laugh.gif

The noisegate is a supressor type so with a bit of the built-in compressor one gets extra sustain with a beefy sound. It also takes gain like a champ, might be the most shred-friendly option in THU. I also didn't gave it enough time but just slapping a friedman type cab. made an cool solo sound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2022, 09:03 PM
thats what is so cool about this unit. it's got limited options and it's built to sound good the moment you turn it on. Thats what made the hardware special smile.gif Just plugin and bam!! now it's finally available in software. Finally!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 27 2022, 09:41 AM) *
ooops laugh.gif

The noisegate is a supressor type so with a bit of the built-in compressor one gets extra sustain with a beefy sound. It also takes gain like a champ, might be the most shred-friendly option in THU. I also didn't gave it enough time but just slapping a friedman type cab. made an cool solo sound.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 28 2022, 09:46 PM
Well I went and bought it, WOW!, it's great, it seems so versatile, I loaded it with a 5150 4x12 and also tried some of the MRBW GNR M25 MMMC IRs from Ownhammer and it's very flexible.

I like that you get a folder with some patches already in and the TH0U Full section has cabinets but I just tried the basic ones without cabs and added what I said above.

I can see this being in a lot of my collab stuff from now on.

cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2022, 04:25 AM
Video demo!!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 28 2022, 04:46 PM) *
Well I went and bought it, WOW!, it's great, it seems so versatile, I loaded it with a 5150 4x12 and also tried some of the MRBW GNR M25 MMMC IRs from Ownhammer and it's very flexible.

I like that you get a folder with some patches already in and the TH0U Full section has cabinets but I just tried the basic ones without cabs and added what I said above.

I can see this being in a lot of my collab stuff from now on.

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2022, 07:17 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 29 2022, 03:25 AM) *
Video demo!!!! smile.gif

That's not fair, you and Mertay haven't done one tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

I'll see what I can do, though you and Mertay would do it more justice, maybe it's a good thing that someone of my level demos it though, someone lie you and Mertay can make anything sound good.

I love that eq thing that comes with it, where you can just drag the nodes. It's great. Maybe that's somewhere in TH-U anyway, either way, I'm going to start using that eq more often, even if I don't use the two rack components of "The Rock Guy" cool.gif

I'll do one very soon.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2022, 07:19 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2022, 09:54 PM
Okay, this is just a noodle, no thinking about anything other than trying to show different things like chords, dynamics, different pickup etc.

Guitar: PRS SE Ace signature
Rock Guy Patch that I tweaked a little
Ir OwnHammer 412 MRBW GNR BOLD-03

the MRBW is the Marshall Basket Weave 4x12 that was used in the Chinese democracy recordings.

The patch is below, though if you don't have the OwnHammer IRs you'll have to put your own in wink.gif

Attached File  Phil.zip ( 7.15K ) Number of downloads: 34

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2022, 09:55 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2022, 12:19 AM
Very cool demo!! maybe add that patch to the overloud vault? if you already did it many thank! I like your demo a lot!! A wide variety of playing styles and dynamic tone. I really need to spend more time with this thing.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2022, 04:54 PM) *
Very cooOkay, this is just a noodle, no thinking about anything other than trying to show different things like chords, dynamics, different pickup etc.
atch is below, though if you don't have the OwnHammer IRs you'll have to put your own in wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2022, 04:47 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 29 2022, 11:19 PM) *
Very cool demo!! maybe add that patch to the overloud vault? if you already did it many thank! I like your demo a lot!! A wide variety of playing styles and dynamic tone. I really need to spend more time with this thing.

I wasn't sure about adding the patch to the vault because it doesn't use stock components but I will do now you've said wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 31 2022, 06:54 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 31 2022, 01:49 AM
Super thanks! Nice demo too!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2022, 11:47 PM) *
I wasn't sure about adding the patch to the vault because it doesn't use stock components but I still do now you've said wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2022, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 31 2022, 12:49 AM) *
Super thanks! Nice demo too!

Thanks,

What did you think about the EQ settings? I'm new to the game with this kind of EQ and would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2022, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2022, 05:54 PM) *
Okay, this is just a noodle, no thinking about anything other than trying to show different things like chords, dynamics, different pickup etc.

Guitar: PRS SE Ace signature
Rock Guy Patch that I tweaked a little
Ir OwnHammer 412 MRBW GNR BOLD-03

the MRBW is the Marshall Basket Weave 4x12 that was used in the Chinese democracy recordings.

The patch is below, though if you don't have the OwnHammer IRs you'll have to put your own in wink.gif

Cool demo Phil! The rhythm tone sounds very big. It must sounds killer combined with a drum & bass backing track. I don't hear anything wrong with your EQ here. Is there anything that you don't like or that you want to achieve and can't?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 31 2022, 04:00 PM
I also liked the breakup tone phil made, has an edge without being harsh. Maybe just a ts9 an the solo tone is ready, well done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2022, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 31 2022, 02:20 PM) *
Cool demo Phil! The rhythm tone sounds very big. It must sounds killer combined with a drum & bass backing track. I don't hear anything wrong with your EQ here. Is there anything that you don't like or that you want to achieve and can't?

I was very happy with it to be honest and I only fiddled with the awesome EQ and added an IR.

It's the kind of thing I like because it's not a fiddle fest wink.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 31 2022, 03:00 PM) *
I also liked the breakup tone phil made, has an edge without being harsh. Maybe just a ts9 an the solo tone is ready, well done!

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2022, 01:50 AM
Sounded good to me!! Crisp without harshness. Enough body but not too much. This plugin runs a bit heavy in the mid range so it's always something to consider.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 31 2022, 01:56 AM) *
Thanks,

What did you think about the EQ settings? I'm new to the game with this kind of EQ and would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:54 AM