> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Warrioroflight's Technique Training, for Gab's Army
warrioroflight
Jan 14 2014, 01:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey!
Shure i wil! Just give me two or three days to realize that! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2014, 11:58 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Jan 13 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Hey!
Shure i wil! Just give me two or three days to realize that! smile.gif

Excellent! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Jan 22 2014, 01:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
hey gab!
i postet the "alternatiev picking" lesson by dariuz and your helloween style lesson on the REC topic... maybe you can tell me which lessons xactly you want to see?

This post has been edited by warrioroflight: Jan 22 2014, 01:56 PM

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2014, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Jan 22 2014, 09:02 AM) *
hey gab!
i postet the "alternatiev picking" lesson by dariuz and your helloween style lesson on the REC topic... maybe you can tell me which lessons xactly you want to see?

Hi mate! Great job on those lessons! I gave you specific feedback at REC. Please check it out and let me know if you have any question.

How are your guitar sessions nowadays?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Jan 25 2014, 03:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey there!
thanks for your feedback!
to the helloween lesson: the timing issues at the beginning is just because its hard without a click playing alone and get into the right tempo... :-P
the wrong note at 00:09 was just my bad... wacko.gif
and ther ather ones... somehow i was shure that you used the minor harmonic scale at this one... sorry for that :-)

so, i´m trying to exercise as much as possible... sometimes i do the complete routine, sometimes just parts of it and sometimes i´m just trying to learn some lessons i find here...

i´d love to post the primal fear lesson you recommended me... but skipping the string in the riff at 00:34 is just killing me! also the fast lick at 00:15 is just hell!! :-)

so maybe you have some more lessons or something to recommend to me to record it and to post here? (got a new webcam this week and i want to try it out!! :-P )
(currently i´m trying to learn the new lesson by ben, the "alexi lahio style"... one of my favourite guitar players... but that will take couple of weeks to get the sweeping and tapping to sound good...)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2014, 07:03 PM
Instructor
Great mate! Let me suggest new lessons for the whole routine. You can slowly incorporate them to your practice to finally replace the older ones.

Alternate picking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Linear-Shred-Zone/

Legato & Sweep Picking

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

Bending, Vibrato & Rhythm

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Iced-Earth-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bendin...Friedman-Style/

What do you think?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 25 2014, 07:04 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Jan 29 2014, 01:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i postet again something at the REC board... is that ok for you gab? or do you want me to post it here?

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2014, 02:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Jan 29 2014, 09:21 AM) *
i postet again something at the REC board... is that ok for you gab? or do you want me to post it here?

It's even better than post it here because you receive feedback from different instructors! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Sep 16 2014, 03:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!!!

I´m back!! :-)
As i told you i had an audition for a band as a bass player and it worked out! i´m now part of IN LEGEND wohoo!! ;-)

So, now i have again some more time to practice here and i just uplaoded a video into the REC SECTION with one of my latest lessons here!
i will record even the other ones later...

cheers!

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2014, 06:22 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! How are you?? Welcome back! Lots of congrats for the new band and also for the killer REC take. smile.gif

The quality of your new band is really good. I'm now listening to the song "Pandemonium", it sounds cool. How was the audition experience? What are the next plans?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Sep 18 2014, 10:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey there!
Thank you! Altough i dont like iced earth that much because of that unsteady guitar rythms i fought trough it :-D

Yeah! The bandleader/singer is badass... he´s also the drummer of the acapella metal band van canto... maybe you´ve heard about them... And IN LEGEND also has no guitars in it! only piano, bass, some synths and drums :-)
in one week we´ll start a crowdfounding campain to release the second album! we´re planning to release it in january... Our first gig with the new lineup will be on the third of october... and the next ones is a small tour in December with van canto!
We will the where this path will lead us to! :-)
And how are you and your band doing?

i´ll try to record all the last lessons you gave me so you can see where i am right now with my guitar skills!
cheers

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor
That's so cool mate. All the best with the band and the crowfounding campaign! I hope to see a video of you playing live with the band soon. smile.gif

About me, we are having a great time, lots of gigs every weekend and a good response from audiences from different parts of the country. We are now preparing for a important concert that will be done on November 29th where we will record our first official live DVD. So we are working hard for that show as well as working on new music. All great things.

I will be waiting for your videos to see how we can continue, ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 8 2014, 11:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!

Dont worry... i´m still here... practicing... :-)
at the moment i´m working on the "Outside bending" lesson a lot and i think i will upload a video latestly next week...

also i´ve been trying the legato stamina... its just so freaking fast.... o.o...

next thing will be the sweep picking lesson... also very fast... but i´m on it^^

Cheers

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2014, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the update. It's cool to see you working on the routine that I suggested. Please let me know if you find problems with any of the licks and techniques, and off course feel free to share videos here to let me monitor your progress. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 11 2014, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab! just uploaded something again... its the outside bending lesson you showed me!

i´m still practicing the legato stamina and the sweep picking lessons, but they are just too fast for me to complete them... :-(

Maybe you have some other good lessons / exercises for me? thanks

EDIT: oh, and i forgot to ask... i´m trying to play this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03_D6KOuU4

maybe you could show me how to play this fast solo lick wich starts at 2:22?

i´m trying something like this, but i´m not shure:

E-13p10h13p10----13p10h13p10--------
B--------------------10--------------------10----- ...and so on...
G----------------------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by warrioroflight: Nov 11 2014, 02:16 PM

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2014, 02:11 AM
Instructor
Hi friend! How are you?

I'm glad of knowing that you are currently working hard on the lessons suggested in the previous routines. I'll check the lesson at REC in a moment. Do you have some videos playing the other ones?

About the lick of the song, I recorded a video for you, check it out!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 12 2014, 04:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!!! Thanks for your response! To get the 100% right pith in the bending lesson is a pain in the ass!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
but i will continue to practice it to get it right!!

Thanks for your video with the solo lick!! I will try this one out!!

i posted another video at the rec setion, with the legato stamina lesson... its noch 100% correct with the timing... i know that, but you wanted to see it! :-D
i cant make a video of the sweep picking lesson... its just way too bad right now.... i get the small arpeggios... but when it comes to the four sting things i´m out.... so i have to put more work into that.... maybe you´ve got some "easier" lessons it that case?

cheers mate! :-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2014, 06:36 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm glad to know that the video helped. If you want to explore more about this 2 strings sweeps, I recommend you to check this lessons that include licks using the same technique:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...msteen-lesson3/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Power-...ng-Timo-Tolkki/

However those two lessons are not what I consider easy stuff, but I was thinking that you could work on the following lesson that has some cool exericse to master the technique and off course on the Economy Picking series.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rove-sweep-now/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...conomy-Picking/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 19 2014, 04:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Gab!

Thanks for these Lessons! I´m currently sitting on the Timo Tolkki lesson becase i think it doable for me.... somehow! :-)
i can already feel that i improved on this "two string arpeggios" and that they are more fluent! Here´s a short video of playing it at 125bpm... can manage it to play faster at the moment...

and another question to that... is there a trick to mute the b-string when you have to play it with the first finger??ß for example in this part:
F E
S S S S S S S S S S S S Q
--17-13----13-17-13-17-13-16-12----12-16----|
----------13----------------------------12-----------|
-------------------------------------------------------|

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2014, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This lesson is evolving very good! Great job with it! I can notice that you can keep timing tight and that the patterns are sounding clear and tight.

About your muting question, I use the palm of my right hand to mute a bit B string when I'm playing these type of arpeggios. This helps to make the pattern sound clearer because the note extincts soon. So I don't have to worry on muting it then. Another trick would be to angle a bit your first finger to stop pressing the fret but keep muting but I consider it more difficult to achieve, the palm muting option is the way to go!

Please try this trick and let me know how it works. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:27 AM