Brian "head" Welch
thefireball
Mar 9 2011, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
This is so amazing to me! This is really something to think about, guys. wink.gif
Please know, I'm not trying to start any arguments.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2011, 01:31 AM
GMC:er
Dave Mustaine found God a few years ago which was kinda shocking. Well, you know what they say here in the south "Better Saved Than Sorry". wink.gif

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Blister
Mar 10 2011, 02:05 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool & interesting story.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 10 2011, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Not sure what it means "found Jesus", but there are some very useful guides in religion on how to live properly. I'm not sure if "jesus look" is also part of his religion acceptance process, but it's a bit too much perhaps.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2011, 08:34 PM
GMC:er
It may be a regional thing, but when someone "gets saved" or whatever you'd call it, it's often termed as them having "Found God" or "Found Christ", which does sound a bit odd now that I think about it, as it almost suggests that God was somehow "Lost". When it's the person really that would be considered "Lost" as such. I guess it would be more appropriate to say God found him, but I guess God always knew where he was. Maybe then, he "Came to accept Christ/God what not" would actually make more sense.

But yeah, he does seem to be going for the Jesus look a bit. I don't know if it's even intentional. The guy he is sitting with is not considered that highly in general among the less conservative folks here in the states. Again, that's a big and loaded word, "conservative" carries all manner of cultural baggage which probably doesn't travel well.

Maybe I should say, I'm a bit suprised he is discussing his conversion experience with this particular guy. Then again, the guy does have a big audience so it's one way to get his message out which is a positive thing.

But just seeing him the Pat Robertson show was jarring.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 10 2011, 07:38 AM) *
Not sure what it means "found Jesus", but there are some very useful guides in religion on how to live properly. I'm not sure if "jesus look" is also part of his religion acceptance process, but it's a bit too much perhaps.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 10 2011, 08:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 9 2011, 10:52 PM) *
This is really something to think about, guys. wink.gif
Please know, I'm not trying to start any arguments.

Telling people to think about converting is not the best way not to start an argument.

Its a good story, and it seems to be very "popular" among metal musicians to convert to christianity lately. I wonder why we are seeing this now, especially in the metalcore genre. But I suppose musicians have always been drawn towards the mysticism of things, and now that christianity has, outside of the US at least, began taking a step back, I suppose people who are usually drawn towards mysticism might also be drawn to christianity now.
It is an interesting phenomenon nonetheless smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 10 2011, 10:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Mar 10 2011, 01:56 PM) *
Telling people to think about converting is not the best way not to start an argument.

Well, consider it as my being a witness. biggrin.gif I'm just saying that for the benefit of the admins so they don't think I'm trying to start something; because there have been threads closed because it got heated. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Mar 10 2011, 06:38 AM) *
I'm not sure if "jesus look" is also part of his religion acceptance process, but it's a bit too much perhaps.

I thought Head already looked like that before he converted. biggrin.gif At any rate, I don't think Jesus looked like that (long hair), because he was a Jew. Jews have short hair by culture if I'm not mistaken. So it's kinda funny that people draw Jesus with long hair, if that's true about Jewish culture. smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 11 2011, 01:25 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Think what you want of him, but if this keeps him off the grotesque amount of drugs he was doing, then god bless him. No pun intended.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2011, 10:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 10 2011, 08:34 PM) *
It may be a regional thing, but when someone "gets saved" or whatever you'd call it, it's often termed as them having "Found God" or "Found Christ", which does sound a bit odd now that I think about it, as it almost suggests that God was somehow "Lost". When it's the person really that would be considered "Lost" as such. I guess it would be more appropriate to say God found him, but I guess God always knew where he was. Maybe then, he "Came to accept Christ/God what not" would actually make more sense.

But yeah, he does seem to be going for the Jesus look a bit. I don't know if it's even intentional. The guy he is sitting with is not considered that highly in general among the less conservative folks here in the states. Again, that's a big and loaded word, "conservative" carries all manner of cultural baggage which probably doesn't travel well.

Maybe I should say, I'm a bit suprised he is discussing his conversion experience with this particular guy. Then again, the guy does have a big audience so it's one way to get his message out which is a positive thing.

But just seeing him the Pat Robertson show was jarring.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm aware what "found Jesus" means, but not exactly sure if the term is appropriate for use, it's kinda odd. smile.gif

QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 10 2011, 10:40 PM) *
I thought Head already looked like that before he converted. biggrin.gif At any rate, I don't think Jesus looked like that (long hair), because he was a Jew. Jews have short hair by culture if I'm not mistaken. So it's kinda funny that people draw Jesus with long hair, if that's true about Jewish culture. smile.gif

Not sure how Jesus looked like, but from what I see on the TV, he had long hair laugh.gif (just kiddin ofc biggrin.gif )

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Mar 15 2011, 01:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey all...the long hair thing is because Jesus was a Nazarene. They did not drink wine or cut their hair as part of their cultural commitments. That is all.

I just hope he can stay clean from the drugs. That is a hard thing to come out of when you have been in so deep.

Peace...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:28 PM