2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Line 6 Pod Farm Vs. Guitar Rig 4
IBZguitarist87
Mar 18 2010, 05:41 AM
GMC:er
I own a Line 6 UX2 USB interface with matching Pod Farm guitar tone software. I know the majority of virtual software users use Guitar Rig 4, including instructors on GMC. I have been considering selling my Line 6 package on consignment at my music shop to get a Guitar Rig 4. What do some of you guys think about Guitar Rig 4 (or Pod Farm)? Do you think it is worth the trouble?

Also, The only full version of guitar rig 4 I can find comes with an unnecessary controller pedal that raises the price. Does anyone know where I can find guitar rig 4 as just a standalone software, without extra price-raisers?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 18 2010, 05:56 AM
You can buy the software only, direct from NI for US$199:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.ph...mp;redirected=1

Or I found this fantastic deal today for US$199:

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=...id=51&lbs=4

It comes with a voucher for a free copy of Guitar Rig 4 Pro (or Absynth, FM8 or Massive). So you could look at it as a copy of GR4 Pro for $199 with a free hardware interface. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 18 2010, 06:07 AM
Instructor
go for guitar rig 4, i LOVE it, totally a good trade.
btw do you have an audio interface? if you dont that controller is actually an audio interface, so it's not really useless, AND, you can control all your sets from it AND, you can control all effects parameter (wah wah, volume, whammy etc)

wink.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
IBZguitarist87
Mar 18 2010, 06:09 AM
QUOTE (OzRob @ Mar 17 2010, 11:56 PM) *
You can buy the software only, direct from NI for US$199:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.ph...mp;redirected=1

Or I found this fantastic deal today for US$199:

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?type=...id=51&lbs=4

It comes with a voucher for a free copy of Guitar Rig 4 Pro (or Absynth, FM8 or Massive). So you could look at it as a copy of GR4 Pro for $199 with a free hardware interface. wink.gif

Thanks a lot man, this is awesome! I will definitely consider this.

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 18 2010, 06:14 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 18 2010, 03:07 PM) *
btw do you have an audio interface? if you dont that controller is actually an audio interface, so it's not really useless, AND, you can control all your sets from it AND, you can control all effects parameter (wah wah, volume, whammy etc)

wink.gif

+1

The link makes it clear. It's actually a highly functional, programmable, studio quality interface so I was being tongue-in-cheek about it being a free add-in. laugh.gif Oops - to clarify I was referring to the Audio Kontrol 1 in the above link, not the guitar rig controller.

This post has been edited by OzRob: Mar 18 2010, 06:26 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
IBZguitarist87
Mar 18 2010, 06:27 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Mar 18 2010, 12:07 AM) *

wink.gif

Oh yeah I knew it was an interface and have recorded with it. I don't know if I will keep it or not because the Pod Farm software alone may not sell at my music store, also, there has been some audio issues with the interface. Just some crackling coming through the headphones, even though I have tried different usb cords/headphones. Not a big deal, but still a quality issue. I could just sell the line 6 gear and get guitar rig and an interface.
But thanks a lot, I will probably switch sometime in the future.

Wow its so cool that I can ask a question about something I may buy and people will answer with their personal opinions, and maybe even show me an awesome deal!
I really appreciate it, this forum rocks.

+Quote Post
zen
Mar 18 2010, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have GR3 and was considering buying a POD .. the grass on the other side certainly looks greener smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mandos
Mar 18 2010, 11:12 AM
Maybe take a look at AxeFx? It get loads of great reviews and people seem to love it. It's $1500 though. wink.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 18 2010, 03:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (zen @ Mar 18 2010, 04:48 AM) *
I have GR3 and was considering buying a POD .. the grass on the other side certainly looks greener smile.gif

Know why? Because you can't see the crap from where your standing. tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 18 2010, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mandos @ Mar 18 2010, 05:12 AM) *
Maybe take a look at AxeFx? It get loads of great reviews and people seem to love it. It's $1500 though. wink.gif

that's a totally different animal man biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Mar 18 2010, 05:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I am a noob, but anyway --> think what You expect Your home-recording-thingy to do. If You wanna record much at home, than change the software to something better, but for example I think that my toneport GX/Roland 15Cube is good enough for home recording, and instead of upgrading those things, I am saving money for an amp that I could use for band practicing/small gigs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
IBZguitarist87
Mar 18 2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah AxeFx is more like something I would find in a dream its a beast biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 18 2010, 09:27 PM
Instructor
I've worked with both, and currently working with GR4 among other software. It's all relative, every software has something good, and something bad. GR4 certainly has a good interface, one of the best, and IMO much better than POD Farm, but that can be a personal preference too. Don't know, it's best to try both worlds and let your ears to decide. I would choose GR4 for most applications today, but that doesn't mean all the models within the software are best on the market. It means that it has great interface and good range of features to make it my first choice, regardless of the fact that not all models are that great. It's certainly an improvement from the previous version.
While you're on it, it may be wise to check out the Amplitube 3 as well, as a direct competitor. ReValver MKIII is great for metal, so if you need it for that, that would be my suggestion.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 20 2010, 05:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I just want to let you know that you need a good quality sound card (with small latency) in order to use Guitar Rig 4 software... That hardware that they sell IS actually a good sound card interface. So you can eighter get the Guitar Rig 4 software only and a pro sound card like M-Audio Audiophile 192 (delta) or get a Guitar Rig 4 with its own hardware included...

Guitar Rig 4 is a great software. But POD Farm offers a lot too so its not that much of a difference/advantage towards GR4.

Depends on your needs actually. I would suggest you to get a DEMO version of Guitar Rig 4 and play around with it (you can use it with your Pod Studio interface) - and then decide if you need the full version.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
IBZguitarist87
Mar 21 2010, 06:40 AM
I went ahead and bought that awesome deal for the NI Kontrol interface with voucher for GR4 with some money I earned from painting.
Thanks to all and especially OzRob!!

This post has been edited by IBZguitarist87: Mar 21 2010, 06:41 AM

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 21 2010, 07:58 AM
QUOTE (IBZguitarist87 @ Mar 21 2010, 03:40 PM) *
I went ahead and bought that awesome deal for the NI Kontrol interface with voucher for GR4 with some money I earned from painting.

Lol. I was about to second Bogdan's suggestion to play with the demo version first, but.... laugh.gif

Hope it works well for you. biggrin.gif

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 21 2010, 01:30 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats on getting it mate! You will be satisfied for sure...

QUOTE (IBZguitarist87 @ Mar 21 2010, 06:40 AM) *

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 21 2010, 07:32 PM
Instructor
congrats on getting that great deal, let us know your review

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Aug 22 2010, 12:20 PM
Guys, by the way, can you only use POD farm if you own a line 6 device??

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 28 2010, 07:58 AM
I recently started testing out Guitar Rig 4 and am BLOWN AWAY by the versatility and quality of the patches and by how far you can push your tone. The variety is endless. I've tried every software modeling plugin available and so far this is the only other one that has enough Gain/Distortion to make me happy. I own/use Amplitude Metal and now Guitar Rig 4 is part of my permanent plugin set. I'm attaching a couple of samples done with stock patches.

Attached File  GuitarRigMonsterGain.mp3 ( 1.38MB ) Number of downloads: 577

Attached File  gtrrig4_lead.mp3 ( 319.31K ) Number of downloads: 438

A wacky patch that makes your guitar sound just strange.

Attached File  EnvelopFilter.mp3 ( 240.74K ) Number of downloads: 326

Practice!
Todd

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EnvelopFilter.mp3 ( 240.74K ) Number of downloads: 244

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:52 AM