New Here
El gran orejas
Aug 27 2008, 04:59 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris!!!
I´m quite new here (since 16-August 08).
And I feel that I might tell you my feedback.
First of all, thanks for creating the site, with all the personal efforts involved that surely you had to invest.
I think you might know that this site and all the amazing people that are in here, have made me recover my lost illusions with the guitar. I´m playing guitar for 13 years but the last 3 of them I almost did not play it. Since I know this site I´m practicing several hours a day (what I ever did) and after some post in the forum, I realized that everyone here wants to help and support, and, as Jose Mena says in your profile, I really feel a part of this what is an amazing feeling, so thanks.
Thank you and thank to all GMC community. You all have reminded me "the reasons".
Very well done, so please keep this.
Let´s Rock.

Orejas

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kevvyg
Sep 2 2008, 01:03 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (El gran orejas @ Aug 27 2008, 04:59 PM) *
Hi Kris!!!
I´m quite new here (since 16-August 08).
And I feel that I might tell you my feedback.
First of all, thanks for creating the site, with all the personal efforts involved that surely you had to invest.
I think you might know that this site and all the amazing people that are in here, have made me recover my lost illusions with the guitar. I´m playing guitar for 13 years but the last 3 of them I almost did not play it. Since I know this site I´m practicing several hours a day (what I ever did) and after some post in the forum, I realized that everyone here wants to help and support, and, as Jose Mena says in your profile, I really feel a part of this what is an amazing feeling, so thanks.
Thank you and thank to all GMC community. You all have reminded me "the reasons".
Very well done, so please keep this.
Let´s Rock.

Orejas

Hi, welcome to the site, I'm a bit of a Newbie too!!
You're absolutely right about inspiration. I was just doing the same old thing, wondering "How the Hell do they do that?", and I have loads of tab books too! For some reason I found it hard to actually sit down and work my way through them. I think that there's an element of psychology involved in that owning a book of Malmsteen tabs somehow means that soon you'll be able to play like him, but really you know it's not gonna happen. This site has definitly inspired me to start practising 'properly', as there are so many things to learn, it's actually made practising exciting. As soon as you start getting to the point where you can play a piece reasonably well, you're off looking for another!! I'm doing a blues lesson and a shredding lesson at the same time! (Obviously the shredding is going to take longer, but I'll get there, and it's great for getting the scales, picking etc into your head!). I want to learn funk guitar too, and there's now not enough time in the day!
KG

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kevvyg: Sep 2 2008, 01:06 PM

+Quote Post
El gran orejas
Sep 2 2008, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kevvyg @ Sep 2 2008, 02:03 PM) *
Hi, welcome to the site, I'm a bit of a Newbie too!!
You're absolutely right about inspiration. I was just doing the same old thing, wondering "How the Hell do they do that?", and I have loads of tab books too! For some reason I found it hard to actually sit down and work my way through them. I think that there's an element of psychology involved in that owning a book of Malmsteen tabs somehow means that soon you'll be able to play like him, but really you know it's not gonna happen. This site has definitly inspired me to start practising 'properly', as there are so many things to learn, it's actually made practising exciting. As soon as you start getting to the point where you can play a piece reasonably well, you're off looking for another!! I'm doing a blues lesson and a shredding lesson at the same time! (Obviously the shredding is going to take longer, but I'll get there, and it's great for getting the scales, picking etc into your head!). I want to learn funk guitar too, and there's now not enough time in the day!
KG

I had the same feeling. But the questions I wondered me were more something like "How the hell can I play as bad as a drunk donkey after playing for years?" biggrin.gif
I agree with you that practising is more exiciting this way, and If any doubt appears the instructor will clarify you quickly.
About the time it takes, you´re absolutely right. There´s not enough time in the day!!
I had to stop a little this week due to an old friend of mine (a tendonitis in my left wrist) that I obviously recalled by playing hours a day last week.
The good thing is that I´m realising about a lot of things i didn´t take care about. For me, a high-speed solo, was more than a priority, now I´m focussed in timing, playing clean, perfectly tuned bendings and now I do not play anything without a metronome, and in the pair of weeks I could play without pain I improved much more than I expected.
I begun playing 16ths with 60 bpm tempo (what I could do easily) and now I can do it as easy but at 90 bpm, but I wasn´t looking for increasing speed, that just simply happened!!
Anyway, if you accept a tip from me, do not focus in speed. Normally when practising everyone expects to note the improvements day after day, and with shredding it´s easy getting discouraged. Becouse you´ll never be as fast as you want if you are not armmed with a lot of patience. Just pratice and the speed will appear by itself, almost suddenly, one day you will be able to do things you´ve never imagined.
Thank you for the input anyway and keep rocking.
Of course feel free to contact me whatever reason you consider.
El orejas

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 3 2008, 10:46 PM
GMC Founder
Wow what an awesome thread - I am glad I am late so that you two could say all these nice things to each other! biggrin.gif

Thanks - it means a lot to hear this! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:00 AM