Marshall Head
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 05:43 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Adrian,

I got to thinking after your chat lesson the other day when you were asking me about the vintage Marshall I was playing thru,I was thinking it was a JCM 800 but its not. It is an Mk2 lead. It is not actually my amp. it is a friend of mines, I go over to his place and play thru it most every weekend for jamm sessions. I wish it was mine cause I really love it and I have tried to buy it from him many times and I am not going to give up trying to buy it till he sells it to me lol. but I found a few pictures of it I wanted to share with you. check it out.

Rich....

[attachment=25068:Picture_6.jpg]
[attachment=25069:Picture_7.jpg]
[attachment=25070:Picture_8.jpg]
[attachment=25071:Picture_9.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GregH
Oct 11 2011, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
Rich,
That is a lot like mine.
Mine is the 100 watt version and judging by the impedance switch, mine is a little newer then yours (mine is 1979).
Yours seems to be in a little better shape and has more history.
Mine has a lot of history but it shows up only as dings and scratches in the box. smile.gif
Mine has the EL34 tubes. I can't tell by the pictures but it looks like your amp may have the 6550 tubes.
Both are good. The 6550s are a slightly cleaner sounding tube and very durable. The EL34s used to short out all the time when the amps were new but are a lot more stable now.
They are a great amp.
Greg

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 11 2011, 06:46 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Here is one more pic of the front of it, the Marshall lettering looks so white and new because it was replaced somewhere along the line.

[attachment=25074:IMG_4907.JPG]

QUOTE (GregH @ Oct 11 2011, 05:25 PM) *
Rich,
That is a lot like mine.
Mine is the 100 watt version and judging by the impedance switch, mine is a little newer then yours (mine is 1979).
Yours seems to be in a little better shape and has more history.
Mine has a lot of history but it shows up only as dings and scratches in the box. smile.gif
Mine has the EL34 tubes. I can't tell by the pictures but it looks like your amp may have the 6550 tubes.
Both are good. The 6550s are a slightly cleaner sounding tube and very durable. The EL34s used to short out all the time when the amps were new but are a lot more stable now.
They are a great amp.
Greg

Awesome Greg! yeah I am not sure which tubes are in this one, and I have been told it has been hot rodded at some point but exactly what was done to it I dont know, what I do know is that it sounds fantastic and I am in love with it. someday it will be mine mwahahahahaa.
I am about the only one who plays thru it so it may as well be biggrin.gif also I am not sure as to when it was manufactered , I will have to take a look this weekend wink.gif

+Quote Post
GregH
Oct 11 2011, 07:25 PM
Here is a couple of pictures of my Marshall (I just happen to have it here at work smile.gif ).
Attached ImageAttached Image

I also put in a picture of my Sunn Sonaro. They are 50 watt with 6550 tubes. The bottom has two 15 inch speakers.
Attached Image
The last pictures are of the Park amp I bought and converted to tubes. It is a clone of a 50 watt plexus Marshall. I stuck one of my 10 inch JBLs in it. It works pretty good.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 11 2011, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Guys i'm IMPRESSED with your amps, i'm a marshall lover myself, and aaahh, i never even played such beauties like those, congratulations to both of you and well richard, what are you waiting for, you need tu buy it!

hey greg what's up with that sunn? it looks incredible, i love silverfaces. do you have sound samples?

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 12 2011, 06:02 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (GregH @ Oct 11 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Here is a couple of pictures of my Marshall (I just happen to have it here at work smile.gif ).

I also put in a picture of my Sunn Sonaro. They are 50 watt with 6550 tubes. The bottom has two 15 inch speakers.
Attached Image
The last pictures are of the Park amp I bought and converted to tubes. It is a clone of a 50 watt plexus Marshall. I stuck one of my 10 inch JBLs in it. It works pretty good.

Wow Greg what a great collection you have going on there, 15's in the sunn cab, I'll bet it sounds fantastic, just curious what kind of work you do where you have your amps at work with you. Do you repair and build amplifiers and other electronics?

+Quote Post
GregH
Oct 12 2011, 06:59 PM
I repair and install radios and other avionics in aircraft. The planes I work on are mostly single engine aircraft like Piper and Cessna models. I also do some helicopter radio repair. I am also a mechanic and do some general maintenance but mostly I do the electrical part.
I run the radio shop (sounds good but mostly it is me and maybe one other person) but I don't own the business. There are also 4 or 5 mechanics for aircraft maintenance. My boss tolerates the guitar amplifiers.
The business is only open during the days and is on a airport so I have the ability to turn the amps up if I want during the night. The main hanger is about 125 by 150 feet so I have a little room to do things (when it is not too filed up with aircraft).
When I was about 16 years old, I worked for a couple of years in a music store's repair shop and repaired amplifiers and other electronic music equipment so I like to do a little of that on the side.
The Sunn amp was thrown away by it's previous owner and looked pretty sad when i got it. It took a little work to get it going again but now it works good.
I have some other amps that I have collected, like a Kustom 200, the old black tuck-and-roll origional amp and a Gibson guitar amp from 1942.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 12 2011, 07:04 PM
Instructor
i would love to record a music video on that hangar dude, nice stuff!!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 12 2011, 07:46 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (GregH @ Oct 12 2011, 05:59 PM) *
I repair and install radios and other avionics in aircraft. The planes I work on are mostly single engine aircraft like Piper and Cessna models. I also do some helicopter radio repair. I am also a mechanic and do some general maintenance but mostly I do the electrical part.
I run the radio shop (sounds good but mostly it is me and maybe one other person) but I don't own the business. There are also 4 or 5 mechanics for aircraft maintenance. My boss tolerates the guitar amplifiers.
The business is only open during the days and is on a airport so I have the ability to turn the amps up if I want during the night. The main hanger is about 125 by 150 feet so I have a little room to do things (when it is not too filed up with aircraft).
When I was about 16 years old, I worked for a couple of years in a music store's repair shop and repaired amplifiers and other electronic music equipment so I like to do a little of that on the side.
The Sunn amp was thrown away by it's previous owner and looked pretty sad when i got it. It took a little work to get it going again but now it works good.
I have some other amps that I have collected, like a Kustom 200, the old black tuck-and-roll origional amp and a Gibson guitar amp from 1942.

Very cool Greg that sounds like a nice gig working in the hanger. I also has some Kustom relics, a pair of Kustom columns with 2 10's and 3 8's in each, they are also tuck and rolled but are of the blue metal flake variety. very retro tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:47 AM