Mesa Single Rec W/ A 4x12 Cab
fatb0t
Feb 11 2009, 04:23 PM
GMC:er
Guys I found an ad on my local craigslist for a Mesa Single Rectifier with a 4x12 cabinet... He said make him an offer...
erm, I don't know what to offer him haha... anyone know if this is a good amp and what a good price would be?
I already own a Mesa F-50 combo which I like (but don't love) so I don't NEED a new amp but if I could get a good price I would definitely buy it and sell my F-50.

Any suggestions my friends?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 11 2009, 06:37 PM
Anyone ever USE a single rec head or even a Mesa 4x12 cab?

*BUMP*

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 12 2009, 04:40 AM
You can find the head's used on guitar center's site for SOMETIMES $900! The cheapest I ever saw was like $800 though. It's an absolutely amazing amp IMO. It's got enough features to excite you for a couple months and it's got much more realistic wattage than the dual or triples. I'd offer him $1400 to start.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 12 2009, 03:08 PM
Cool thanks for the info, I emailed the guy..

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 13 2009, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 12 2009, 09:08 AM) *
Cool thanks for the info, I emailed the guy..

love to help man good luck. BTW you may be better off looking for a rectoverb combo instead of a single w/412. It'll be the same amp but in combo version. You can find em for about 900-1000 bucks these days.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Feb 15 2009, 07:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I am using Rectocabs and a Tripple Rectifier, best cabinets in the world, best amp in the world, but I never played a single rectifier. Do you have any chance to try it yourself, if possible with your own guitar, like this you could get the best impression.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2009, 03:27 PM
Instructor
What's the deal with these amps? They are the same as other rectifiers, just have one channel? Is that a clean channel that breaks up when pushed hard so you must add pedals?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 16 2009, 10:53 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 16 2009, 09:27 AM) *
What's the deal with these amps? They are the same as other rectifiers, just have one channel? Is that a clean channel that breaks up when pushed hard so you must add pedals?

Two channel amps. Clean and LOUD smile.gif Plus the clean has two modes and the LOUD as i call it has three. Dual and Triple are 3 channel amps. Single/dual/triple speaks to the amount of rectifier tubes in it not the channels.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 17 2009, 01:21 AM
Instructor
I see, thanks for the info mate! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Feb 17 2009, 10:26 AM
Another difference is the power, the single rectifier only has 50 watts, while my tripple rectifier has 150 watts, mine is "slightly" more powerful wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 17 2009, 10:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Feb 17 2009, 09:26 AM) *
Another difference is the power, the single rectifier only has 50 watts, while my tripple rectifier has 150 watts, mine is "slightly" more powerful wink.gif

Show off tongue.gif

Maybe do a small offer and if he doesn't accept save up for the Marcus Siepen Deluxe pack smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 18 2009, 03:53 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Feb 17 2009, 04:26 AM) *

Had to show me up didn't ya? Sry i forgot

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Feb 18 2009, 11:18 AM
biggrin.gif I am not using any special deluxe pack, just regular Rectocabs and a regular Tripple Rectifier, no mods, no nothing wink.gif It is an old Rectifier though, on of the original ones, with only 2 channels.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Feb 18 2009, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Feb 18 2009, 05:18 AM) *
biggrin.gif I am not using any special deluxe pack, just regular Rectocabs and a regular Tripple Rectifier, no mods, no nothing wink.gif It is an old Rectifier though, on of the original ones, with only 2 channels.

That's my favorite thing about mesa. They are used stock where as tons of other companys products are modded for a sound. I guess that's cause they are basically hot rodded fenders at heart

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Feb 18 2009, 09:55 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Feb 18 2009, 03:51 PM) *
That's my favorite thing about mesa. They are used stock where as tons of other companys products are modded for a sound. I guess that's cause they are basically hot rodded fenders at heart

yeah... insanely hot rodded fenders laugh.gif
but i think this amps look like a cool piece of gear, i am considering to buy one when i will get money

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 18 2009, 11:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Feb 17 2009, 10:26 AM) *

Thanks for this info, didn't know this fact. Will have to check out more of the Mesa gear specs soon!

PS 150W?? Demolition Machine! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:51 AM