Vintage Look
julz_122
Mar 3 2007, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
hey i was wondering what is the best way to make your guitar look vintage, i have a black strat that i would like to make really old and beaten up something in the style of what frusciante has (even though he doesnt have a black strat from what i know) but yh are there any tips or tricks to make ur guitar look really vintage?

thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
VinceG
Mar 4 2007, 04:46 AM
yea im doing the same thing for my strat but I have a squier so im not really afraid to let it roll of the stairs a couple of times to get like nice uneven scratches/dents. If you have a higher end guitar then try and find a better way to get them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
Mar 4 2007, 11:14 AM
you could buy a vintage model from fender.
Also pickups and knobs that have a slightly different wornout colour makes for a good vintage look. maybe you could also sand a bit of the layer of so you get to see some of the wood ?

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
Mar 5 2007, 04:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQ3oLKBxhc

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post
Stijntjen
Mar 5 2007, 03:41 PM
^ lol
of course you could also go touring for 20 years or so then you would get a similar effect smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 15 2007, 01:06 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Cigarette burns on the headstock
Worn off paint on the back of the guitar (from a belt)
Scratches and dings on the front.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:11 AM