> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Aug 14 2017, 09:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Gab,
Sorry I haven't been in touch since I got back from France. Been a hectic week and in top of that I got pulled into Todd's shred fest. I submitted 6 takes, two of them videos.

I did learn something though, something that should have been in my head a long time ago but it never clicked. https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=750931

Back onto JW now.

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2017, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Yeah mate! Relative scales! Check it out: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3009

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 15 2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks Gab, very interesting. With music theory, I look at it and look at it and one day something clicks in my head and I get it, then I can't understand why I couldn't get it before. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees rolleyes.gif

You said you have been thinking about getting a modeller like a Kemper or Helix (LT). I found this video interesting, at around the 3:00 mark, something I think is very cool. I just thought you might find it useful in helping make a shortlist. It won't embed for some reason though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27UDZ0gfh-I...t9dtOiNNqYtt1-6

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2017, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the link! I have really cool news about this.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2017, 03:18 PM
Go on then, tell me, go on, you went and got a Kemper didn't you? smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2017, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 16 2017, 11:18 AM) *
Go on then, tell me, go on, you went and got a Kemper didn't you? smile.gif

haha I've got Fractal Ax8. I've analized each one, and based on what I need for Cirse's gigs, tours, and also for my work at the studio and GMC, the best option was Ax8, based also on the price.
I know that there is not a difference in tone between Fractal and Kemper, but with this one I had everything processor and controller on the same unit. It's great for touring. I'm still reading the manual to get the most of it but I'm extremely happy.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 16 2017, 08:56 PM
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif You're ACTUALLY reading the manual?????? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Glad your happy with it smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2017, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Yeah! I really want to get the most of this. You can turn it on and play, but as it's a very advanced unit, there are lots of things that you don't know until you read the manual.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 17 2017, 04:23 PM
I know mate, I always read the manual too, most blokes don't though and I think you always miss something. When reading the manual, most of it is "blah blah blah", but sometimes you think, "Wow, that's good, I didn't know it could do that" smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2017, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 17 2017, 12:23 PM) *
I know mate, I always read the manual too, most blokes don't though and I think you always miss something. When reading the manual, most of it is "blah blah blah", but sometimes you think, "Wow, that's good, I didn't know it could do that" smile.gif

Yeah! It opens your mind.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 28 2017, 07:24 PM
Hello Gab,

It's been a while. Since I got back from France I've lost my way a bit with the Jack White lesson.

I've been enjoying the Chester Bennington collab and did six takes for one of Todd's challenges, and 2 for another, I enjoyed doing them.

I'm going to get my ass into gear tomorrow, restructure my practise to be more efficient and try to get a pass in REC with it. I don't mind if I just scrape through with a pass, I need to move on but I also want to pass.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2017, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Welcome back!

I also think that you need to move on. I think that it's a good attitude to be persistant but when practicing guitar, it's also important to practice different licks and phrases in order to improve our technique. I think that you've dedicated enough time to this lesson and that giving some time to this one, and working on some other stuff can be positive even to master that lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 29 2017, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 29 2017, 02:13 PM) *
I think that you've dedicated enough time to this lesson and that giving some time to this one, and working on some other stuff can be positive even to master that lesson.

Thanks Gab,

Can you please clarify you comment, it seems to contradict itself.

I haven't lost the desire to play, I just think that the JW lesson has killed my motivation, I seem to have hit a wall with it, maybe I'm trying too hard playing every night for 45-60 minutes. I don't want to stop trying but I don't want to bang my head against a wall either. I've tried everything, I even tried just soloing using just the notes from that ascending run to try and break that stupid habit I have where my index finger gets "stuck".

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2017, 03:37 PM
Instructor
I mean that sometimes giving some time to an exercise or lesson and dedicating to other stuff can be much more productive than keeping playing it over and over. I'm saying this because I've already suggested you to move from this lesson in the past but you'd preffered to keep on working on it. Now that you feel that it's killing your motivation, I think that there are no more excuses, let's move forward.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 29 2017, 04:07 PM
Thanks Gab,

I will think of it as more of a "move sideways", I'll have a look at some level 3 lessons this evening unless you have one in mind that might help with 3 notes per string runs.

I still feel a little bit like I've failed, I HATE quitting, sometimes to a fault, did you ever play a computer game like Tomb Raider, and every time you got killed you'd say, "Just one more go, then I'll get that bit further" and before you knew it, it was 3am? That's how I am when I'm struggling with a lesson, I chew and chew and chew at it, I can't put it down to try other things. I start my practise session with the intention of 30 minutes JW, 30 minutes collab, 30 minutes improvisation (90 minutes in total) and end up doing 120 minutes of JW. My tenacity for "one more try" overpowers my self discilpine sad.gif I don't think I'll be able to leave the Jack White lesson alone so I may just practise it at the weekends when I have more time.

Thanks for your patience Gab, the JW lesson was becoming a chore but I still want to pass it in REC one day.

Cheers buddy.

UPDATE: I had a look but couldn't decide on a level 3 lesson, I'll look again tonight.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 30 2017, 08:49 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2017, 01:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

I wouldn't see this as a fail! Diary practice always pays. Sometimes we can see the results but be sure that your playing gets more consistent with diary practice. Always remember to visualize. This video should be seen once per month:

About level 3 lessons. What about doing some intensive Alternate Picking work?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 30 2017, 01:43 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 30 2017, 01:35 PM) *
Hi Phil,

I wouldn't see this as a fail! Diary practice always pays. Sometimes we can see the results but be sure that your playing gets more consistent with diary practice. Always remember to visualize. This video should be seen once per month:

About level 3 lessons. What about doing some intensive Alternate Picking work?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hand-Synch/

Thanks Gab,

The thing is I've just restarted Todd's Bootcamp which is primarily alternate picking. I can replace that with one of those lessons if you feel it would be worthwhile. Todd's Bootcamp lessons aren't musical really, just patterns to repeat but they are supposed to increase hand sync etc.

Cheers buddy.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2017, 02:10 PM
Instructor
You've asked if I had any lesson that would help with 3 notes per strings patterns. Those 3 lessons will help with that so maybe it's not a bad idea to put your focus this month on alternate picking and work on these lessons as well as Todd's bootcamp.

After one month of intensive work, you can try that JW riff and see what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 30 2017, 04:22 PM
OK Gab,

I'll give it a go. Do you agree that the 3 notes per string is my issue?

I've made an MP3 of that Vai session to play in the car.

Cheers buddy.

Phil

UPDATE:

Been working on the Darius lesson (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Alternate-Picking-Basics/) got up to 50% on first 12 bars. It's a lot to remember. I can't imagine you want audio/video of me playing this, it would make you insane but if you do just let me know, otherwise I'll wait until I get to 100% speed.

I did it again!!! mad.gif I just could NOT resist keep trying one more time, so an hour and a half, trying to remember an extra bar!!!!. I think I need to put an elastic band on my arm, set an alarm after 20 minutes and if I go past it, snap the band on my wrist to train me not to do it. Then I can do 20 minutes of Todd's bootcamp, the some improv with my Trio+

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 30 2017, 09:25 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2017, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I like the fact that the problem is practing "too much". biggrin.gif

Feel free to share videos when you feel it necessary.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:14 AM