Raindrops, Bar 3 stretch
Boson
Nov 2 2008, 03:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi eveyone

I relly like the sound of this and as a beginner I thought it would be a good one to master.
However I'm relly struggling to make the beginning of the third bar sound clen.
Any tips and/or encouragement would be really appreciated.

thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Nov 2 2008, 05:07 PM
Instructor
Here is an alternative fingering for this passage. This fingering avoids the stretch between fingers 3 and 4. But you have to make e contraction when you have fingers 2 and 4 over the third fret, for this twisting the wrist to the outside will help you.
When pressing the G in the first string (3rd fret) lift finger 1 from F# (second fret). Now use the 4 finger that is already in place as a sensorial guide to place finger 3 on the C from the 5th string.
Next time try asing in Dejan instructro forum, he may not be happy that I put hands in his music. Have fun.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 2 2008, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ Nov 2 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Here is an alternative fingering for this passage. This fingering avoids the stretch between fingers 3 and 4. But you have to make e contraction when you have fingers 2 and 4 over the third fret, for this twisting the wrist to the outside will help you.
When pressing the G in the first string (3rd fret) lift finger 1 from F# (second fret). Now use the 4 finger that is already in place as a sensorial guide to place finger 3 on the C from the 5th string.
Next time try asing in Dejan instructro forum, he may not be happy that I put hands in his music. Have fun.

Many thanks for the quick response. Very helpful, I appreciate it greatly. Sorry for posting here I thought this was the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 3 2008, 09:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ Nov 2 2008, 05:07 PM) *

Thanks for the help Gerardo, excellent answer smile.gif

edit: topic moved to Instructor's board and merged with the following

This post has been edited by Dejan Farkas: Nov 6 2008, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 5 2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Dejan

Thanks for a great lesson. After many years of tinkering with guitar but never getting beyond the 3 chord strum stage I have finally comitted myself to trying to play properly.

I have enjoyed learning raindrops bu have a small problem. I am struggling to make the stretch on the first beat of bar 3. I can make it on an electric guitar with the narrower neck but really struggle on the wider classical neck. I can play it out of context but in context my fingers just aren't strong enough to make it sound clean or smooth. Alternatively I can play it with first and middle fingers but then my pinky is not in the right position to play the next notes! Do you have any suggestions such as practice routines which might help me with this.

Many thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 6 2008, 02:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Boson smile.gif

You're very welcome and I am glad you like the tune smile.gif

First tell me if Gerardo's solution from above works for you?
He made a nice alternative fingering that would avoid the problematic stretch.

If it is not working well, let me know and we will figure something out wink.gif

This post has been edited by Dejan Farkas: Nov 6 2008, 02:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Nov 6 2008, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Nov 6 2008, 03:36 PM) *
Hi Boson smile.gif

You're very welcome and I am glad you like the tune smile.gif

First tell me if Gerardo's solution from above works for you?
He made a nice alternative fingering that would avoid the problematic stretch.

If it is not working well, let me know and we will figure something out wink.gif

Many thanks - yes I can do this fingering.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 6 2008, 09:32 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

Well, all the credits goes to Gerardo, he figured it out faster biggrin.gif

If you have a possibility to record it when you learn it, I would like to hear it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:40 PM