Guitar Pro Transcribing, Is it possible to import recordings to guitar pro?
Narzsa
Aug 2 2011, 02:19 PM
GMC:er
Hi Guys,

Is there any way to take a recording and have guitar pro import it and tab it.
I know it can import MIDI so is there any recording software that can export to midi from an mp3

Myself and my band use guitar pro alot and it would be a HUGE time saver to find a way to tab out new songs without going through the painful process of note by note

Any ideas?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 3 2011, 11:05 AM
Instructor
No good solutions there mate, you can find mp3>midi software, but rarely will they do the job accurately.

What I recommend for you guys is to learn the theory a bit, learn the scales that are used, it will help you greatly to communicate with each other on a musical level. In addition to that, tabbing with guitar pro is fairly easy, try to use keyboard (arrows and numbers). Also tab the compositions part at a time which will be easier.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Aug 3 2011, 02:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 3 2011, 11:05 AM) *
No good solutions there mate, you can find mp3>midi software, but rarely will they do the job accurately.

What I recommend for you guys is to learn the theory a bit, learn the scales that are used, it will help you greatly to communicate with each other on a musical level. In addition to that, tabbing with guitar pro is fairly easy, try to use keyboard (arrows and numbers). Also tab the compositions part at a time which will be easier.

Ah ok, cheers Ivan. No short cuts in tab writing unfortunately

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2011, 04:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Aug 3 2011, 10:44 AM) *
Ah ok, cheers Ivan. No short cuts in tab writing unfortunately

no.. but the good new is that this will make you train your ear which is something so important for a musician! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 5 2011, 10:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 3 2011, 05:06 PM) *
no.. but the good new is that this will make you train your ear which is something so important for a musician! smile.gif

Precisely! smile.gif In addition to that, it will train your rhythm skills, so you know how to write note durations when you hear them.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 6 2011, 03:43 AM
Instructor
you could record the notes with a midi guitar smile.gif, but you would have to know the song first.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:11 PM