2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Any Of You Guys Take Private Guitar Lessons?
Skyla°Lit
Sep 24 2007, 09:02 PM
GMC:er
And if you do....How do you combine learning from GMC and from your teacher???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 24 2007, 09:10 PM
Learning Roadie
I take lessons at our music school together with a friend. There I am learning to play songs, mainly rhythm guitar, sometimes imrpovisation and here at GMC I am learning the solo stuff. And its good like that.
And especially for me its not only "going to music school and learn a song", I also like my teacher, we are talking a bit what was going on the past week, drinking a beer together etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 24 2007, 10:49 PM
I go to private guitar instructions once a week. Mostly here i learn tequniqes and theory and how to apply. Improvising, key changes, scales and then individual techniqes and styles like blues and sweeping. I use GMC mostly for riffs and challenging myself.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 24 2007, 11:38 PM
Lets go fishing!
I have a private lesson on Saturdays, its not technique based - I learn that here. We spend most of the time recording and creating music. It provides a broader look at music than just techniques smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 25 2007, 09:25 AM
i used to get lessons until my teacher rang me and told me he couldn't teach me much more so im still trying to find a new teacher.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 25 2007, 09:37 AM
I took one leson about 8 years ago laugh.gif .I really wish there was someone around here that was amazing at guitar to take lessons from but really never came across anyone that was playing something that much better than me.Thats not being cocky just saying i dont know why but just dont see many good guitarist around here all beginner's and i had to learn on my own.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 25 2007, 09:59 AM
QUOTE (Skyla°Lit @ Sep 24 2007, 04:02 PM) *

I have a lesson weekly from a school trained musician. From him I learn Music Theory, Technique, Songs, He adjusts my timing, we play together(right now I don't think I'm good enough to be in a band) so I get the knowledge of what it's like playing with another musician. Plus he's a sounding board for me when I have questions, even if it's about a lesson from here I can ask or get told what I'm doing wrong/right why it doesn't sound right etc...

My teacher is really good no matter what the case, so far he's been really great, he has all kinds of letters from musicians of all ages, levels and who play Piano, Keyboard, Bass, Rhythm Guitar and/or Lead Guitar, plus he does Voice lessons as well. Once I get good enough at guitar where I can go off on my own I'm going to start in on keyboard(something again i've always wanted to do) and Voice(going to alternate weeks). I can see myself going to this guy for at least another year, probably 2. I really look forward to my weekly lesson.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Skyla°Lit
Sep 25 2007, 02:09 PM
Thank you chast, thank you Smikey2006, thank you mattacuk, thank you JOhn, thank you shredmandan and thank you RobM smile.gif

I have a teacher myself, a really good one, we meet twice a week and I guess I was just curious how some of you guys got along with one flesh-and-blood instructor and a couple of dozens of virtual ones smile.gif

Hope you'll find yourself a teacher too JOhn wink.gif

--------------------
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Sep 27 2007, 04:12 AM
I'm taking private lessons and I find they have both advantages and disadvantages to the online video lessons.
For example if you're missing something in your technique and you're not noticing it yourself, little things like how you do a bend and how your fingers are angled when you do a 3nps run, the online video won't jump out of the screen and correct you. On the other hand, I can watch the videos here as many times as I like without it costing extra. Basically I find it's good to have both.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 27 2007, 04:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Skyla°Lit @ Sep 25 2007, 03:09 PM) *
Thank you chast, thank you Smikey2006, thank you mattacuk, thank you JOhn, thank you shredmandan and thank you RobM smile.gif

I have a teacher myself, a really good one, we meet twice a week and I guess I was just curious how some of you guys got along with one flesh-and-blood instructor and a couple of dozens of virtual ones smile.gif

Hope you'll find yourself a teacher too JOhn wink.gif

First of all,we are NOT virtual guys!! mad.gif mad.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

It's good to have both,advantages are different. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Skyla°Lit
Sep 27 2007, 04:32 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 27 2007, 06:16 AM) *
First of all,we are NOT virtual guys!! mad.gif mad.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

It's good to have both,advantages are different. wink.gif

Ooops...I'm sorry if I said smth wrong But...what I meant by 'virtual' was actually we are so so soooooooooooo SO very lucky to have so many awesome instructors...even if we can see their serious teaching faces & witness the power of their miraculous hands only on a pc screen biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

See...I was so Happy to have both since I signed up to GMC I just had to start that thread to see if others were as Happy rolleyes.gif

Hope I'm out of trouble now.... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 27 2007, 04:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Skyla°Lit @ Sep 27 2007, 05:32 AM) *
Ooops...I'm sorry if I said smth wrong But...what I meant by 'virtual' was actually we are so so soooooooooooo SO very lucky to have so many awesome instructors...even if we can see their serious teaching faces & witness the power of their miraculous hands only on a pc screen biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

See...I was so Happy to have both since I signed up to GMC I just had to start that thread to see if others were as Happy rolleyes.gif

Hope I'm out of trouble now.... smile.gif

laugh.gif No trouble at all,I was just kidding!! cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 27 2007, 04:51 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 26 2007, 11:34 PM) *
laugh.gif No trouble at all,I was just kidding!! cool.gif

I dunno, imagine a virtual Muris, you play the guitar great that is no lie, but imagine what a virtual Muris could do. All of the things you have thought about doing on the guitar but it was either impossible or too advanced for you(that one's hard to believe) you could make virtual Muris do on the screen. The only limitation for virtual Muris would be your imagination and of course the software/hardware that would create and render him.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
AliMo
Sep 27 2007, 05:42 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Sep 26 2007, 10:51 PM) *
I dunno, imagine a virtual Muris, you play the guitar great that is no lie, but imagine what a virtual Muris could do. All of the things you have thought about doing on the guitar but it was either impossible or too advanced for you(that one's hard to believe) you could make virtual Muris do on the screen. The only limitation for virtual Muris would be your imagination and of course the software/hardware that would create and render him.

lol if thats the case then i think the real muris would be better than the virtual one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 27 2007, 05:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AliMo @ Sep 27 2007, 06:42 AM) *
lol if thats the case then i think the real muris would be better than the virtual one biggrin.gif

+1 biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 26 2008, 12:57 PM
QUOTE (Skyla°Lit @ Sep 24 2007, 10:02 PM) *

Well, if your teacher is telling you something else then what you learn here, then someone's either wrong, or have a different opinion.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 26 2008, 01:03 PM
I took 1 session at a guitar teacher once, he was a great player but had absolutely no teaching skills so decided it wasnt worth the money smile.gif

This post has been edited by Siggum: Jul 26 2008, 01:03 PM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 26 2008, 01:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (muris @ Sep 27 2007, 05:16 AM) *

And here I thought you were a robot ohmy.gif tongue.gif

I've never had a lesson outside GMC in my life, except with a friend for several years ago, when he learned me the basics of the guitar ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 26 2008, 07:44 PM
im getting guitar lessons with exams next season, after summer, with a theory book and diploma's! Plus i got bandcoaching, with a few mates.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 26 2008, 09:31 PM
I should be starting lessons in a couple weeks when I get back home, I'm stoked, I'm so excited to start live lessons. biggrin.gif I really want to learn as much as I can.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 08:10 AM