Chris Broderick Pick
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2012, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Hi friends, I was learning this short Broderick idea and I discovered that he uses and special pick that allows him to switch from picking to 8 fingers tapping. His pick has an extra mechanism that keep the pick attached to the thumb.

Did you know this?

Check this video:

also check this inspirational speech about how he started with music and guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I remember watching this video. He said he was going to patent it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 14 2012, 02:25 PM) *
Yeah, I remember watching this video. He said he was going to patent it smile.gif

It's very good idea and also very effective if you want to switch between pick and fingers.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2012, 02:45 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2012, 10:43 AM) *
It's very good idea and also very effective if you want to switch between pick and fingers.

Being from Kentucky I recognize his pick right away as a variant on a Bluegrass Style thumb pick often used on Banjo. I never thought about using one for Metal/Lead but yeah! Great idea smile.gif I wonder if I could sharpen it?

Attached Image

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 20 2012, 05:54 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I played with a guitarist who learned guitar with a thumb pick (maybe a banjo one) and was really good at playing metal riffing with it. I tried it out once and it was like I had never played guitar before.

From the looks of it, Broderick's designed his to play like a normal pick that you could grip. It would be interesting to try his version out even though I don't know how to 8 finger tap. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2012, 06:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 18 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Being from Kentucky I recognize his pick right away as a variant on a Bluegrass Style thumb pick often used on Banjo. I never thought about using one for Metal/Lead but yeah! Great idea smile.gif I wonder if I could sharpen it?

Attached Image

yeah! this is definitely the origin of Broderick's idea. I would also like to try something like this...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:13 AM