Multiscale Guitar Stings
Siinthd
Jun 24 2019, 07:41 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi there!
the other day I became the proud owner of 25,5"-27" headless multiscale guitar.
I noticed, using 10-52 strings, I can lower the tune to Drop B tuning and guitar sound is revealed below C - Drop C tuning. but i not sure,can i use strings thicker than 54-56,because past owner has a problems with setup strings - broken screws crackers.
I ask for advice, who had experience with such instruments?what strings suitable for every tune?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Siinthd: Jun 24 2019, 07:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 25 2019, 02:21 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Siinthd @ Jun 24 2019, 07:41 AM) *
Hi there!
the other day I became the proud owner of 25,5"-27" headless multiscale guitar.
I noticed, using 10-52 strings, I can lower the tune to Drop B tuning and guitar sound is revealed below C - Drop C tuning. but i not sure,can i use strings thicker than 54-56,because past owner has a problems with setup strings - broken screws crackers.
I ask for advice, who had experience with such instruments?what strings suitable for every tune?

yes you can , it depends on if your nut slut is big enough for the larger strings , if they need to be widened a luthier should be able to fix rathr quickly , you could you tube it if you want to try it yourself.

If there are cracks or broken screws , I dont think that is a string gauge problem ,but it sounds like you might want to have a good tune up

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Siinthd
Jun 25 2019, 08:27 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 25 2019, 04:21 AM) *
If there are cracks or broken screws , I dont think that is a string gauge problem ,but it sounds like you might want to have a good tune up

i solved this problem with a little long and high-quality gotoh screws and strings surely fixed,an old owner tried to set 10-60 strings,as i heard.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:33 AM