The War In Georgia And Russia, Thoughts, Opinions and commentary
Smikey2006
Aug 23 2008, 05:52 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys i am sitting here reading the paper and reading about the current conflict between russia and georgia and the rising serverness as the USA starts to get involved. The word Nuclear has come up several times and its started to get me concerned, i don't condone violence and this war seems rather pointless to me but perhaps thats just because i don't know the details but people in the area are in my thoughts and i hope that this does not become anything more serious!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
sigma7
Aug 23 2008, 06:00 AM
of course leave it to the big countries to bully smaller ones

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 23 2008, 09:25 AM
somehow the words Cold War Round 2 start to creep up to me. And I think nobody wants that to happen again.

Maybe I'm just a megalomaniacal hippie but if I would rule the world I'd destroy all nuclear weapons first things first.

That said. I think there is a lot more to this story then we've heard yet. And I sincerely hope that everyone that does not want to be involved doesn't have to be involved. Because it would be really sad if fellow GMC'ers would have to get involved against their will.

But then again, leave it up to humans to be able to destroy their own planet in less than 30 minutes sad.gif Guess I don't have much faith left in humanity anymore.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Aug 23 2008, 09:38 AM
Don't believe everything you read in the papers. If you read around many sources you will find the truth. America would never be stupid enough to attack Russia. They'd have to lose their minds.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Aug 23 2008, 09:39 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 23 2008, 10:35 AM
Instructor
I think it's about gas or som...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2008, 11:01 AM
Instructor
Politics is too complex for us to discuss it IMO, at least for me, because all of that are dirty games, and I don't have the necessary information to discuss it anyway. Often I'm quite glad that I don't know it - it would just make me sad. sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Aug 23 2008, 11:31 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well it was a matter of time before Russia decided to help their friends in Osetia and Abchazja, after Kosovo gained or rather was granted independence. For Russia attacking Georgia was useful in many ways:
1. Russian people are happy that their country is so powerful and great, they need this, especially when it is not so true in real...
2. Gas/gasoline can be transported to Europe through Georgia without involvement of Russia, and fuel is one of the few things that gives Russia a important position in todays politics.

All in all, every country has citizens that dream about their country being the most powerful. There are British that would like to see 1/4 of the world again in their rule, French that has "Napoleon Ambitions" etc.etc.etc. Unfortunately Russia has a bigger percentage of such citizens, and also have some means with they can try to change their current situation. In truth Russia has nothing ( besides nuclear weapons that would mean the end of everything ) that can hurt USA/EU and make them stronger. She would hurt other, but also herself, maybe even harder...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Aug 23 2008, 11:34 AM
i read this like a couple of days ago...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...12160650AAs3gCd

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 23 2008, 12:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think I agree with Jeroen on this. I think there are lots of things, reasons for Russia and Gorgia, we don't, and will no, know.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 23 2008, 03:26 PM
Singing Instructor
I think that there are always things we would never know.
I agree with organisedconfusion,America vs Russia in that war contest is not possible,they bout are to strong countries.

This post has been edited by Nemanja Filipovic: Aug 23 2008, 03:29 PM

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 23 2008, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Almost all wars are about the same: MONEY !! sorry but it's too sad, politicians are not humans.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 23 2008, 03:56 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 23 2008, 04:52 PM) *
Almost all wars are about the same: MONEY !! sorry but it's too sad, politicians are not humans.

They are humans but,with hounger for power and money and more power.

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Jesse
Aug 23 2008, 04:03 PM
... a bad war i guess would be biological war.. spreading deadly virusses toughout the world.. we ARE DOOMED!!!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Aug 23 2008, 04:32 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Aug 23 2008, 10:56 AM) *

They have hunger for power but also fear that they will lose it. Thats when the authoritarian governments start popping up.
Now about the Russia-Georgia conflict. I think it's just the first step in a long list of steps russia's going to take. So far it's...

1. Invade georgia using south osettia as a reason.
2. Threaten Poland (need confirmation on this one.)
3. ?

What's next or did i miss something after those 2?

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Aug 23 2008, 04:34 PM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 23 2008, 04:47 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 23 2008, 10:52 AM) *

haha true except for sum laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 23 2008, 06:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
To me it looks like Vladimir Putin (Spelling?) Is kind of flexing his muscles, Letting us know "Russia is back" or whatever. Im willing to bet there are more factors that have an affect on this than most of us know. I know the American media, at least where I am, Does a piss poor job of reporting on it, Just repeating the same thing for weeks on end.

I hope it resolves itself out soon, The last thing humanity needs is another war.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 23 2008, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 23 2008, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Aug 23 2008, 10:56 AM) *

unfortunately i disagree with both of these statements, i am very interested in politics and hope to get more interested as time goes on and as i settle into a career. I believe that not all politicians are corrupt i just believe they have a bad reputation as of now. I will compare them to Communists. although when most people hear the word communism they instantly get upset and say things like D*** Commies and stuff like that. I am willing to openly admit that i am a Marxist, i believe in everything Karl Marx wrote and i am a card carrying member of the communist party of canada, this does not mean that i approve of the killings of thousands of people to control power, this does not mean that i hate democracy or that i am essentially a bad person(i hope not). I mearly beleive that all people must be treated as equals, unions and the average workers should be raised up and more attention should be put on the general lives of the population and on becoming self sufficient rather than spending our time and efforts on Capitalism. This being said if i was to go into politics i would hope i would not be corrupt and that i would fight for the causes i believe in and fight for the good of all peoples. I also have a belief that there are many politicians who uphold the same ideals as me. I think i agree with the uncreator, from reading more it seems like this war is about Russia simply saying we are not going to backdown just because the united states says we should, and i agree with this, the world needs to stop bowing down to the USA and start making its own choices!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
sigma7
Aug 23 2008, 07:51 PM
Ya the American Media is so Republican based and hate to give both sides of the story. Its a shame.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 23 2008, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 23 2008, 12:33 PM) *
To me it looks like Vladimir Putin (Spelling?) Is kind of flexing his muscles, Letting us know "Russia is back" or whatever. Im willing to bet there are more factors that have an affect on this than most of us know. I know the American media, at least where I am, Does a piss poor job of reporting on it, Just repeating the same thing for weeks on end.

I hope it resolves itself out soon, The last thing humanity needs is another war.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=93522075

Looks like Europe and America are on the way back to being best buddies again. I always felt that they loved us a lot more when they feared the USSR. We only invade dictatorships, not democracies. And we never threaten democracies with nuclear attack as they did Poland. Makes for better friends. Even France will love us again I bet, the way this is going.

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Aug 23 2008, 07:57 PM
"i believe in everything Karl Marx wrote "

You should really read more....This was not a good man with good Ideas.

The Communists are followers of Karl Marx. They believe that the economic environment generates ideas and character. Their ultimate objective is to create the perfect character through the perfecting environment.

When the revolution is successful, the majority of the bourgeois class remains. In the words of Karl Marx, they must be "swept out of the way and made impossible." If this is not done, they will form the environment in which a substantial segment of the population is nurtured and will thus destroy the prospect of a perfect society.

The liquidation of the bourgeoisie is an essential step of the path to Communism. This is why Communism must kill.

Marxism has led to the death of MILLIONS.
"Ieng Sary" (marxist).."As long as we have one million left, that will be enough to make the new man."
"In the Communist Program for human regeneration, killing is as necessary as the fire of the furnace is for the creation of steel "

"This program of slaughter is rational if the basic premises of Marxism are accepted. If there is no God who teaches, "Thou shalt not kill," and if people are merely animals, why should they not be treated as animals? Husbandmen who breed finer animals and destroy the inferior ones in the process are respected and honored throughout the world. The Communists believe that they are the husbandmen who have been selected by history to enact the programs that will result in the creation of perfect human animals. To hesitate to eliminate the diseased would be to betray their mission".

The Marxist doctrines of ATHEISM, MATERIALISM, ECONOMIC DETERMINISM, CLASS, CLASS LIQUIDATION, CLASS DICTATORSHIP and INEVITABLE PROGRESS are false and deadly

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Aug 23 2008, 08:01 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:24 AM