Heatwave!, In the land of the midnight sun
AK Rich
Jun 18 2013, 09:16 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man! We are having a heatwave in Alaska! The weather all month has just been beautiful! I took this shot at midnight from my deck not so much to show how nice it has been but more to show the daylight at midnight, which was 15 minutes after sunset, sunrise was at 4:15 AM. It is a little hazy out there.
Anyway, today I had a high of 91F or almost 33C here at the lake! And my temp sensor is in the deep shade all day. My mother who lives nearby told me her thermometer read 94F! I added a link to a public information statement from the national weather service. Man! I am loving this since we haven't had this kind of summer in quite some time and I am an avid sun worshiper cool.gif

http://pafc.arh.noaa.gov/pubfcst.php?fcst=NOAK48PAFC

[attachment=32349:IMG_0303.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 18 2013, 09:59 AM
Instructor
Awesome! biggrin.gif 33C at Alaska ?biggrin.gif

Sadly...in Poland we used to have pretty stable climat and now it's gone. This summer we have lot's of raind, trees crushing winds and floods. Bad days for going on a vacation ot something. Few weeks ago we had a whirlwind...When I was a teenager we never thought this would be possible so far from the BIG water...Now it's getting real...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 18 2013, 02:28 PM
GMC:er
Here's 35 C, so i'm better than you, AK! smile.gif

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jun 18 2013, 04:56 PM
I got 46 °C in my office. The AC failed. At least the lab still has a nice 25 °C.

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 18 2013, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ak weather gets crazy. Lived there awhile before I moved out to vegas. Enjoy the sunshine. I miss summers in ak. Not the winters though. We were 115 in vegas last week. In sandiego right now and its gorgeous.

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 19 2013, 12:20 AM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 19 2013, 12:05 AM
Everything I have seen of Alaska is absolutely beautiful. Including your picture. I am not a big fan of cold and snow though. It is someplace I would LOVE to visit someday. The whole thing about extra long nights and days, is so cool to me for some reason. Enjoy the weather. I don't think we have had a day that warm yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 19 2013, 07:59 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 18 2013, 12:59 AM) *
Awesome! biggrin.gif 33C at Alaska ?biggrin.gif

Sadly...in Poland we used to have pretty stable climat and now it's gone. This summer we have lot's of raind, trees crushing winds and floods. Bad days for going on a vacation ot something. Few weeks ago we had a whirlwind...When I was a teenager we never thought this would be possible so far from the BIG water...Now it's getting real...

Oh man! sorry to hear that Darius. Up until this summer we had about 10 years of summers that weren't so great too,lots of rainy and stormy summers with maybe just a few decent days here and there. For the 10 or so years previous to that we had a run of fantastic summers. so here's hoping things will turn around for you as well sometime soon.Hang in there! I am hoping we have another good run of great summers here too.

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jun 18 2013, 05:28 AM) *
Here's 35 C, so i'm better than you, AK! smile.gif

Curses! Foiled again! laugh.gif Stay cool my friend!

QUOTE (ItSME3 @ Jun 18 2013, 07:56 AM) *
I got 46 °C in my office. The AC failed. At least the lab still has a nice 25 °C.

Now that is just brutal blink.gif Sorry to hear that. Hope they get that AC fixed soon because that is just cruel and unusual punishment. sad.gif

QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 18 2013, 02:49 PM) *
Ak weather gets crazy. Lived there awhile before I moved out to vegas. Enjoy the sunshine. I miss summers in ak. Not the winters though. We were 115 in vegas last week. In sandiego right now and its gorgeous.

Well if you ever make it back up here give me a shout, we'll do lunch, or something. smile.gif I totally understand about the winters though, they can be very long and depressing for some folks. Even for some of us who have been here a while.

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 18 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Everything I have seen of Alaska is absolutely beautiful. Including your picture. I am not a big fan of cold and snow though. It is someplace I would LOVE to visit someday. The whole thing about extra long nights and days, is so cool to me for some reason. Enjoy the weather. I don't think we have had a day that warm yet.

Same goes for you VH! Or any of you guys for that matter. Definitely hit me up if you decide to head up or over this way! The extended hours of daylight is one of the best things about this place for sure, although it does take a bit of getting used to. It is sometimes hard to talk yourself into going to bed when it is still daylight. Blackout shades come in handy for sure! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Jun 21 2013, 01:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love that picture & such a beautiful view from your deck. cool.gif Our high temp today will be 86F/30C. Kinda crazy! blink.gif What's the water temp like?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2013, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Enjoy it mate! That view is very inspiring. smile.gif Here we are in Winter, we have very cold days but also some days that seem to be taken from Spring.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 21 2013, 04:30 PM
Beautiful state! It has been a strange year for weather for us as well in the southeast U.S.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 21 2013, 06:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Blister @ Jun 21 2013, 04:54 AM) *
I love that picture & such a beautiful view from your deck. cool.gif Our high temp today will be 86F/30C. Kinda crazy! blink.gif What's the water temp like?

Thanks Gary, Wow 86 seems kind of mild for Florida at this time of year. I don't really know the water temp at the moment but I would guess that it is about 70 F within the first few feet. The last of the lake ice went out right at the end of May which was almost 2 weeks later than normal. I went swimming 2 weeks after that and was surprised at how much it had warmed up already, I thought it might take my breath away when I dove in but it really wasn't bad at all. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 21 2013, 07:20 AM) *
Awesome! Enjoy it mate! That view is very inspiring. smile.gif Here we are in Winter, we have very cold days but also some days that seem to be taken from Spring.

Stay warm Gabriel! Today is Summer Solstice here in the Northern Hemisphere, so I guess that would make it Winter Solstice where you live in Argentina. smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 21 2013, 07:30 AM) *
Beautiful state! It has been a strange year for weather for us as well in the southeast U.S.

Thanks Spock!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:37 PM