Return Of The Green Crackle Jackson Sololist!
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2019, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
God Bless the folks at JACKSON GUITARS smile.gif

Anyone seen one in the wild?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 8 2019, 01:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 8 2019, 01:57 AM
It sound really good with the cleans too, sad part is customshop jackson's are stupid expensive. I think even the used ones are near a new ibanez J.custom if condition is good.

I can't recall a crackle model being expensive in the past but I'm not that old biggrin.gif probably someone will buy that in nostalgia. And speaking of nostalgia, now that the baby boomers market is narrowing we'll see very high-end shredder guitars pop-up from various brands in the next few years.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 8 2019, 02:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2019, 05:31 AM
A bit on the pricey side yeah. It's very much a nostalgia build to be sure. I think they are aiming for dentists who couldn't afford one in the 80s but who have money now smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 7 2019, 08:57 PM) *
It sound really good with the cleans too, sad part is customshop jackson's are stupid expensive. I think even the used ones are near a new ibanez J.custom if condition is good.

I can't recall a crackle model being expensive in the past but I'm not that old biggrin.gif probably someone will buy that in nostalgia. And speaking of nostalgia, now that the baby boomers market is narrowing we'll see very high-end shredder guitars pop-up from various brands in the next few years.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 8 2019, 05:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I haven't seen a finish like that since the 80's. A friend of mine who was fresh out of GIT had a guitar with a red crackle finish that he picked up while he was in Cali. I think it was an ESP though but maybe not. I took a couple lessons from him and that was my first introduction to the modes.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2019, 08:19 PM
I know right? I was telling Mertay it was for rich Dentists who didn't get one in the 80s smile.gif They look just like the original 80s crackle guitars. They were crazy pricey back in the day as well. I'm glad they are doing them as high quality instrumnets, not as pain job only nostalgia kit.

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 8 2019, 12:32 PM) *
I haven't seen a finish like that since the 80's. A friend of mine who was fresh out of GIT had a guitar with a red crackle finish that he picked up while he was in Cali. I think it was an ESP though but maybe not. I took a couple lessons from him and that was my first introduction to the modes.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:59 AM