Some Questions Regarding Vocal Range.
JeroenKole
Aug 25 2008, 10:55 AM
GMC:er
Hey Nemanja. I recently measured and pretty impressed with my range. I could hit after warming up a C2 and in full blown falsetto that C5 (these were the extremes however and I don't think I could actually sing them). However at G3 my voice keeps shifting between falsetto and chest voice. Being able to hit G3 with my chest voice, A2 in falsetto but B2 in regular voice again. I did use my guitar tuner for this though. So I'm not entirely sure.

Do you have any tips for countering that bouncing between voice heights. Or is it just a matter of practicing scales.

Thank you before hand. smile.gif

I also have a little lesson request that I couldn't find on the lessons page. Could you do a lesson on taking care of your voice?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 25 2008, 12:43 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 25 2008, 11:55 AM) *
Hey Nemanja. I recently measured and pretty impressed with my range. I could hit after warming up a C2 and in full blown falsetto that C5 (these were the extremes however and I don't think I could actually sing them). However at G3 my voice keeps shifting between falsetto and chest voice. Being able to hit G3 with my chest voice, A2 in falsetto but B2 in regular voice again. I did use my guitar tuner for this though. So I'm not entirely sure.

Do you have any tips for countering that bouncing between voice heights. Or is it just a matter of practicing scales.

Thank you before hand. smile.gif

I also have a little lesson request that I couldn't find on the lessons page. Could you do a lesson on taking care of your voice?

I think that you should not think about the vocal range to much.You should know what voice you are(Tenor,Bariton,Bass).
Sing every day any thing you want(songs..etc) so you keep your voice in good condition,but if you feel like you miss some notes in the higher octave.do it semi note by semi note,and do not rush it.Take a scale,for example E major/minor,and make shore that your high E is secure(and with all vowels),then do a F Major/minor,then F#,and then G.But do it very slowly.And if you cant do the G right a way,thats cool,just be patient.And try to sing your chest voice all the time,don't let the higher notes go to falsetto.

p.s shore I can do a lesson for that.smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:07 PM