2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ben Higgins Marshal Lead Tone, Guitar Rig 4 Version
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2012, 09:02 PM
GMC:er
I've always been impressed with Ben Higgins great lead tone. It's a simple setup.

Guitar>Marshal Amp

and yields a great note clarity without using that much gain. I've spent considerable time analyzing his sound/tone and tried to replicate it in Guitar Rig 4. I'm using less gain on this patch than anything I've ever built and using the Marshal Head/Cab in the patch which is also a first.

The patch works amazingly well for lead and I"m shocked at how clear the articulation is. Give this a shot if you use GUITAR RG 4 or 5.

Attached File  GMC125__Ben_Higgins_Marshall_Lead.ksd.zip ( 5.13K ) Number of downloads: 403

Attached File  125.mp3 ( 177.27K ) Number of downloads: 390

This is also the patch for Todays Video Chat Lesson @ 5pm EST 10pm GMT.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 1 2012, 09:23 PM
This is awesome! Just tried it out it in Guitar Rig 5, definitely going to be my new main tone for now biggrin.gif!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2012, 09:54 PM
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 1 2012, 04:23 PM) *
This is awesome! Just tried it out it in Guitar Rig 5, definitely going to be my new main tone for now biggrin.gif!

Thanks smile.gif And big thanks to Mr. Ben for being the inspiration! I really focused on the pick articulation in this one so it will really feature any alternate picking work you do. Post some recordings and such when you can! Enjoy smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 1 2012, 11:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hehe awesome! smile.gif Please post a demo sound clip for the official Mr. Ben patch.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2012, 12:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 1 2012, 07:55 PM) *
Hehe awesome! smile.gif Please post a demo sound clip for the official Mr. Ben patch.

yeah Todd!! A test video would be great!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 2 2012, 10:35 AM
I made my Mesa Boogie clon preset for Guitar rig 5!!
It's based on hot solo head .

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 2 2012, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2012, 10:32 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 1 2012, 06:55 PM) *

The sound demo is in the original post smile.gif But I can do one better, here it is as a soundcloud version so you don't have to download the mp3.

http://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitar-rig-4-5-yngwie-patch

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 1 2012, 07:10 PM) *
yeah Todd!! A test video would be great!! smile.gif

I did post an mp3 in the first post but nobody seems to have seen it? Maybe it's gone in to hiding! smile.gif I posted the soundcloud as well. Let me know what you think!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 2 2012, 05:35 AM) *
I made my Mesa Boogie clon preset for Guitar rig 5!!
It's based on hot solo head .

Post a recording sample! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 3 2012, 10:31 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 3 2012, 12:19 PM
Instructor
Haha, this is awesome.. I have my own tone patch thanks to Mr Simpson !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 3 2012, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 08:19 AM) *
Haha, this is awesome.. I have my own tone patch thanks to Mr Simpson !! biggrin.gif

haha congrats mate! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 3 2012, 03:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 3 2012, 01:40 PM) *
haha congrats mate! smile.gif

Now I just Marshall to release a Ben Higgins JVM Signature head !

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 3 2012, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Now I just Marshall to release a Ben Higgins JVM Signature head !

That would be swell, and the logo on the head should definitely be a donut stuffed with bacon wink.gif. And in that case I'd buy it and eat it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 3 2012, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 3 2012, 06:42 PM) *
That would be swell, and the logo on the head should definitely be a donut stuffed with bacon wink.gif. And in that case I'd buy it and eat it! biggrin.gif

That's a great idea ! Wanna draw the logo ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 3 2012, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *
That's a great idea ! Wanna draw the logo ? biggrin.gif

Sadly I am not very good at drawing, so I guess it would just be easier to create an donut stuffed with bacon and take a picture of it biggrin.gif.

Another great idea is for a signature guitar, would be that the body is a donut and then the neck is shaped like bacon, mmh.. And eatable too in case you get hungry on stage, you could easily have an round pick up in the middle of the donut biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2012, 05:35 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 07:19 AM) *

Your Welcome! smile.gif It's a GREAT sounding patch based on

TUBE SCREAMER > MARSHALL AMP

Thats about mostly it smile.gif It's not a Djent patch, and not for Metal, Chunk, playing. But for Yngwieish, Ben, Marshall lead tone it's great!

If you post a recording of your playing clean (play a lead or something just clean channel) I'll put it through the patch and post it! I remember you saying you didn't personally get in to emulation and such, but a side by side tone comparison with the patch and your marshall sound would really help me build better patches!

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 4 2012, 08:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 4 2012, 05:35 AM) *
If you post a recording of your playing clean (play a lead or something just clean channel) I'll put it through the patch and post it! I remember you saying you didn't personally get in to emulation and such, but a side by side tone comparison with the patch and your marshall sound would really help me build better patches!

Todd

Good idea ! I'll just upload it here yeah ? Mp3 ok ? wavs are a bit big for uploading in the forum. smile.gif

QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Sep 3 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Sadly I am not very good at drawing, so I guess it would just be easier to create an donut stuffed with bacon and take a picture of it biggrin.gif.

That doesn't matter... it just needs to be a rough doodle ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2012, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 4 2012, 03:50 AM) *
Good idea ! I'll just upload it here yeah ? Mp3 ok ? wavs are a bit big for uploading in the forum. smile.gif

MP3 would work great smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 4 2012, 03:50 AM) *

MP3 would work great smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 6 2012, 10:19 AM
Instructor
Ok, Todd.. chuck this through the meat grinder and see how it sounds ! smile.gif

Attached File  Lick_for_Todd.mp3 ( 326.38K ) Number of downloads: 142

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2012, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 6 2012, 05:19 AM) *
Ok, Todd.. chuck this through the meat grinder and see how it sounds ! smile.gif

Attached File  Lick_for_Todd.mp3 ( 326.38K ) Number of downloads: 142

Spiff thanks! I'll pipe this through the ben patch. Can you post the same lick played through your actual marshall? I just guestimated on the sound setting but having a clean to compare to a dirty would help a lot. Tone Matching with Guitar Rig! But it's all done by ear, so not entirely scientific smile.gif

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 6 2012, 03:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is amazing patch. Now i must learn to play guitar laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 6 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Cool patch, very good tone! I have always been a fan of rather simple setups, guitar plugged into the amp and only using effects if I really need them, I will definitely add this patch to my guitar rig 5 setup ^^

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:38 PM