Podxt Patch - Winding Roads Lesson
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 9 2007, 12:55 AM
Instructor
Hello! Here's the patch for PODxt that I use at the "Winding roads" lesson.

http://www.box.net/shared/hvayxvaif3

Enjoy! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Jun 9 2007, 01:30 AM
GMC:er
nice! now ill i need to do is get my pod xt live and ill be set! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 9 2007, 11:23 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jun 9 2007, 01:55 AM) *
Hello! Here's the patch for PODxt that I use at the "Winding roads" lesson.

http://www.box.net/shared/hvayxvaif3
Enjoy! smile.gif

Thaks. That was a great idea, sharing the pod-presets

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 12:51 AM
can someone tell me what this podxt live is? i remember marcus said he didnt used a pedal..how is that? can someone explain huh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Jun 13 2007, 05:38 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 13 2007, 09:51 AM) *
can someone tell me what this podxt live is? i remember marcus said he didnt used a pedal..how is that? can someone explain huh.gif

The Line6 PodXT Live is a multi-effects unit. Basically, it's a digital unit that can replace a large number of individual effect pedals. I have one, and can't really see myself buying another effect pedal any time soon.

As well as doing a ton of effects (e.g. distortion, wah, delays, etc, roughly 100 in total) it also does amplifier and cabinet simulations (about 40 or so amps, 20 or so cabs), simulating microphone position, etc.

Finally, on top of the massive number of in-built settings, it can also be plugged into a PC via USB and updated with custom "patches". These patch-files include all the settings required to create a new sound.

Pods are particularly useful for home recording purposes - you can record directly onto a computer without the need to have an actual amplifier or microphone setup, meaning you're less subject to accoustic issues. Particularly if you're recording something in your home. It's a cheap step towards being able to do some serious recording without spending serious money.

You can also plug headphones into it. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but the headphone output includes all the amp/cabinet simulation so you hear what things should really sound like with a big setup.

All that said, I don't use mine a whole lot. If I'm recording something of mine to find my mistakes I might use it briefly, but a good amp, large practice room, tolerant neighbours and co-operative wife mean that my need for the pod isn't great right now.

Check out http://www.line6.com/ for their full product list.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (Lurgen @ Jun 12 2007, 10:38 PM) *
The Line6 PodXT Live is a multi-effects unit. Basically, it's a digital unit that can replace a large number of individual effect pedals. I have one, and can't really see myself buying another effect pedal any time soon.

As well as doing a ton of effects (e.g. distortion, wah, delays, etc, roughly 100 in total) it also does amplifier and cabinet simulations (about 40 or so amps, 20 or so cabs), simulating microphone position, etc.

Finally, on top of the massive number of in-built settings, it can also be plugged into a PC via USB and updated with custom "patches". These patch-files include all the settings required to create a new sound.

Pods are particularly useful for home recording purposes - you can record directly onto a computer without the need to have an actual amplifier or microphone setup, meaning you're less subject to accoustic issues. Particularly if you're recording something in your home. It's a cheap step towards being able to do some serious recording without spending serious money.

You can also plug headphones into it. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but the headphone output includes all the amp/cabinet simulation so you hear what things should really sound like with a big setup.

All that said, I don't use mine a whole lot. If I'm recording something of mine to find my mistakes I might use it briefly, but a good amp, large practice room, tolerant neighbours and co-operative wife mean that my need for the pod isn't great right now.

Check out http://www.line6.com/ for their full product list.

hmm i understand now. It works exactly as my DigiTech RP250 processor. So you mean that what marcus just posted here its like an effect preset to be used by the product. Ok thanks for clearing it out for me.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:30 PM