About time I learn to play
MickeM
Jan 9 2007, 09:30 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hello, I'm Mikael from Stockholm/Sweden and I've been playing since -90.

To make a long story short, I'm here to learn advanced playing.

And here's the long story wink.gif

I started playing the guitar quite late at age of 20 but have played other instruments since I was a kid. But guitar it's 16-17 years now ohmy.gif and I've been in a band since -96, with the same guys since the start except for the base player who is our fourth now. We play blues, rock and hard rock.

And right now me and a vocalist is starting a new band, we'll see if we get it together, we got everyone we need but as base player. (Why is it always the base players?? rolleyes.gif )
We're going to play more advanced stuff, progressive rock/metal.

My problem spite all the years of playing is that I can't play this fast stuff. I was always lazy and never sat down to learn how to do it and one thing I have learned is that it's a lot easier to have someone show instead of trying to figure it out for yourself. An instructor can also make you avoid errors that will ruin your technique. I'm self thought which has it's flaws... so about one year ago I just dropped everything and started all over, I even changed the way I hold the pick and boy was it difficult in the beginning.
Now about one year later I got the speed quite well and my accuracy is 100% better but can still get a lot faster and better and I need to learn more scales and modes all over the neck, more patterns, runs and advanced techniques.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jan 10 2007, 12:52 AM
GMC:er
welcome

man you are so lucky to be living in stockholm if i were u id be hedding over to kris's house right now

lol i too can not seem to find a good bass player that wants to commit

anyways enjoy your stay, hope u improve smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2007, 08:33 AM
GMC Founder
biggrin.gif Time to get speedy? Welcome! Hope to hear some of your singing too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 10 2007, 11:04 AM
QUOTE (Rob_g @ Jan 10 2007, 12:52 AM) *
welcome

man you are so lucky to be living in stockholm if i were u id be hedding over to kris's house right now

lol i too can not seem to find a good bass player that wants to commit

anyways enjoy your stay, hope u improve smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif
That's an idea but for now this class works perfectly well. And I bet he, like all other musicians live on the southside. I live in the north.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 10 2007, 08:33 AM) *
biggrin.gif Time to get speedy? Welcome! Hope to hear some of your singing too!

Thanks! Singing eh... let's deal with one weakness at a time. laugh.gif Went with a buddy to play at a pub in Greece a few years ago and he demanded I should sing at least one song. I went along spite I knew my singing is terrible, at least it was only one song per night. It was "You're my heart you're my soul" which was quite popular for the second time with Modern Talking, when was it... -98 and people requested it time after time after time and again rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2007, 11:33 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 10 2007, 01:04 PM) *
Thanks! smile.gif
That's an idea but for now this class works perfectly well. And I bet he, like all other musicians live on the southside. I live in the north.
Thanks! Singing eh... let's deal with one weakness at a time. laugh.gif Went with a buddy to play at a pub in Greece a few years ago and he demanded I should sing at least one song. I went along spite I knew my singing is terrible, at least it was only one song per night. It was "You're my heart you're my soul" which was quite popular for the second time with Modern Talking, when was it... -98 and people requested it time after time after time and again rolleyes.gif

oopsie I just realised I missunderstood you - I thought you were the vocalist. Either way - hearing your singing would be interesting! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 10 2007, 11:20 PM
Ooops, what I was asking for was already treated in a lesson, to break out of the boxes.
Lessons called "Pentatonic Scale One-on-One Lesson - Position Shifting" 1, 2 and 3.

Kristofer, you preceded me tongue.gif Thanks for that! Great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:37 AM