Adventure Of The Martin Backpacker, Martin Backpacker
edgor67
Nov 18 2007, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC’ers. I’ve been out of town and I’m back and picking up on my practice routine. I’m over the Red Socks. I’ll survive. So let me tell you about the Martin Back Packer acoustic guitar. I bought the guitar just for the purpose of keeping up on practice, while on business travel. I took it to San Diego as carry on luggage with some reading in it. No hassles with it being carryon luggage. I was able to practice in my hotel room any time. It did pass the time being on travel. I was concerned about the Firestorm but I would have floated on it in the bay if the fires reached me. I was able to pack it in my oversized duffel bah (twice the size of Navy issue) to carry onboard an aircraft carrier. I didn’t get to play it on the ship since we averaged a 12 to 20 hour work day. However it fit into the standard Navy locker so I knew it was safe and locked up while I was away from my hammock. Packed it back in the duffel bag and was shot off the ship in a COD and was able to play it at the airport waiting for the Red Eye back to VA. All in all I think it served its purpose. It is my special operation guitar. I bought it with nylon strings for diversity of music. The sound is adequate for the size and design. Ya need the strap. I received a couple of good comments about my playing (GMC SRV blues) at the airport and people didn’t know what the instrument was. All is well that ends well. Look for me on the Eddie Van Halen lesson site. ROCK ON!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 18 2007, 10:59 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Sounds pretty cool - thanks for the writeup smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
edgor67
Nov 18 2007, 11:05 PM
QUOTE (edgor67 @ Nov 18 2007, 04:54 PM) *
Hey GMC’ers. I’ve been out of town and I’m back and picking up on my practice routine. I’m over the Red Socks. I’ll survive. So let me tell you about the Martin Back Packer acoustic guitar. I bought the guitar just for the purpose of keeping up on practice, while on business travel. I took it to San Diego as carry on luggage with some reading in it. No hassles with it being carryon luggage. I was able to practice in my hotel room any time. It did pass the time being on travel. I was concerned about the Firestorm but I would have floated on it in the bay if the fires reached me. I was able to pack it in my oversized duffel bah (twice the size of Navy issue) to carry onboard an aircraft carrier. I didn’t get to play it on the ship since we averaged a 12 to 20 hour work day. However it fit into the standard Navy locker so I knew it was safe and locked up while I was away from my hammock. Packed it back in the duffel bag and was shot off the ship in a COD and was able to play it at the airport waiting for the Red Eye back to VA. All in all I think it served its purpose. It is my special operation guitar. I bought it with nylon strings for diversity of music. The sound is adequate for the size and design. Ya need the strap. I received a couple of good comments about my playing (GMC SRV blues) at the airport and people didn’t know what the instrument was. All is well that ends well. Look for me on the Eddie Van Halen lesson site. ROCK ON!

Ya know Andy, I colleague asked me recently about if I am reading anything interesting. I felt bad because I wasn't reading any books. I did tell him I was learning about every major scale has a relative minor scale and I'm practicing playing them on the guitar and I"m also dabbling with the different modes. So I think he woun't ask me about what I'm reading anymore. ROCK ON!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 18 2007, 11:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Nice!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 18 2007, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Sounds great,keep it up! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Goliath
Nov 20 2007, 02:35 PM
I have one of these.

It sits in the corner of my room unplayed. When i do travel, it's usually by car and I can bring a proper electric.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:57 PM