> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Rids Thread, for Gab’s Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2019, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Rids! I also like your tone here! I would only try adding some ambience fx, maybe some delay. What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rids
Jul 16 2019, 07:34 PM
GMC:er
All right, more delay here for my take on the new collab.
Some hit and miss but I like the "live vibe" of it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2019, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Nice mate! I also like the live vibe here, and I think that delay settings are very cool. I've enjoyed your take and the tone's ambiance. I think that we can go for this one, please share it at the thread if you decide that it's the final take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Jul 17 2019, 04:02 PM
Done!

Thanks for the kind words.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2019, 08:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rids @ Jul 17 2019, 12:02 PM) *
Done!

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Jul 19 2019, 08:54 PM
Hi Gab,

here's a new improvised solo for you to review.

Thanks my friend.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2019, 09:34 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to see a new video from you!

The good side of this improvisation is the main melody which is introduced at the beginning and continues evolving until the end of the jam. This melody follows the chords with thirds (Is it intentionally?). Well done!!

Some comments or tips to improve this jam:

- I still think that you need to work on your tone. The tone has too much distortion for the type of licks that you are playing and the result is that your solo lacks dynamics. You need to work on dynamics, but before that, you need a tone that helps you with this element.

- I feel that your phrasing needs some experimentation with bending, vibrato, and other expressive elements. Even some slides and legato could bring fresh air here. Not sure if you like this guitarist, but I reffer to this type of elements:

Notice the use of double stops, slide, legato, some longer notes, vibrato, and dynamics.

- Your faster licks are not tight yet. I would try to play those licks but at a tempo that allows you to play clean and clear.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Jul 20 2019, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the comment!

For the melody, I listened to the backing track and this is what cames from the top of my head.
It's pure improvisation and it's a one take , a big achievement for me! Lol

I'm familiar with Mateus Asato's playing but I've never really liked his stuff although he 's a very talented musician.
But I could certainly be influenced by his use of dynamics and phrasing to enhance my own playing.

I will listen more closely to his playing now.

Thanks for the tips.

By the way, I 'm on vacation for the next 10 days.

I will post a new improv when I will be back.

See you!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2019, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Great mate.

Mateus was just an example that come to mind yesterday. You can look at your favorite guitarists. We've talked about Andy Timmons here. He is another great example.

Steve also is....

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 11 2019, 11:05 AM
Hi Gab,

I just uploaded two videos for "Jam with Kris".

I worked on my tone and wanted your feedback.

I tried to go for some Hendrix vibes with the first one.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2019, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I think that your tone has improved a lot in these takes! Your clean tone is very tasty and fits great with the backing track. The second tone is also good and enjoyable. Well done! smile.gif

I like that fact that you are experimenting with some Hendrix type licks. Those are usually called "double stops" and we have many lessons covering it.

In the second solo I feel that you need to polish the phrases. It's not necessary to do it for the collab, but to train your own playing. What about practicing it a bit more and trying to make your playing more consistent there? I feel that timing, cleanness and dynamics can be improved there... do you note it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 12 2019, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 12 2019, 01:41 PM) *
In the second solo I feel that you need to polish the phrases. It's not necessary to do it for the collab, but to train your own playing. What about practicing it a bit more and trying to make your playing more consistent there? I feel that timing, cleanness and dynamics can be improved there... do you note it?

I'm on it and will focus on all these things for my next solo!
As usual thanks for your guidance!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2019, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rids @ Aug 12 2019, 02:57 PM) *
I'm on it and will focus on all these things for my next solo!
As usual thanks for your guidance!

Excellent!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 16 2019, 11:46 AM
All right here's a new one.

As always looking for the sound.
Trying to incorporate new stuff like natural harmonics and open strings as this one is in E minor.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2019, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Rids, good job here!

I can see interesting improvements here regarding tone and also phrasing. I like the fact that you are tending more to longer notes, shorter phrases and bends. These elements make your phrasing more consistent.

The faster licks like the one at 00:23 are the ones that require more attention because that's where your timing is not tight. The slower phrases also have timing issues but much smaller.

I would try to continue working like this, making your phrasing tighter, and also trying to target chord tones.

Keep going!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 16 2019, 11:54 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 16 2019, 02:25 PM) *
I would try to continue working like this, making your phrasing tighter, and also trying to target chord tones.

Keep going!!

I will!
Thanks for your kind words my friend!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2019, 12:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rids @ Aug 16 2019, 07:54 PM) *
I will!
Thanks for your kind words my friend!

You're welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 28 2019, 11:39 AM
So here's my new improv.

I made this one with a theme I found when messing around with a C minor arpeggio at the 3rd fret.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2019, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Nice mate! I like this melody! It made me think on Omar Rodriguez from The Mars Volta. Have you ever heard him?

I would just work more on feeling and expressing elements.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 29 2019, 07:33 AM
Great and thanks for the link.
Very good guitar player I will definitely check his playing more.
I intend to play more with dynamics for the next one.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 PM