2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Firefox
Henry Dietzel
Jun 5 2008, 11:26 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
Is anyone else running Windows XP with firefox? I can not get videos to load. It reads error and tells me it needs to locate the plugin but when I follow through it tells me it failed to locate it.

Can anyone please help?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 5 2008, 11:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Works fine for me - most likely you need to get hold of the FLash plugin.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 6 2008, 12:11 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 5 2008, 06:39 PM) *
Works fine for me - most likely you need to get hold of the FLash plugin.

That's the problem it doesn't seem to be anywhere..........

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 6 2008, 12:14 AM
You can get it from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do...=ShockwaveFlash

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 6 2008, 12:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Just install the adobe flash from Andrews link, restart firefox and you should be ok.. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 6 2008, 12:47 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 5 2008, 07:28 PM) *
Just install the adobe flash from Andrews link, restart firefox and you should be ok.. smile.gif

That is what's crazy I have already done this with no result. I then uninstalled it and tried to do it again with no result. I am changing from IE do I maybe need to delete all the program files from IE?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 6 2008, 02:06 AM
Instructor
You don't need to delete program files from IE. Try to reinstall Firefox alltogether again.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 6 2008, 04:11 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 5 2008, 09:06 PM) *
You don't need to delete program files from IE. Try to reinstall Firefox alltogether again.

I am sorry to sound like a broken record but I have also done this with no result.........still I can not see videos. Should I just create an account with the mozilla forum?

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 6 2008, 06:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Strange, I use Firefox and it works flawlessly..
It even works at work where nothing really works..!? (I confused myself here...)

Strange though, you could as you say check the Mozilla forums..

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 6 2008, 07:43 AM
Instructor
I'm so happy with firefox, works good and there are lot of great extra tools... for instance now I have an English dictionary that helps me with my spelling smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 6 2008, 09:39 AM
GMC Founder
Using the dialog box which automatically comes in firefox doesn't work for me either, when using firefox for the first time. Instead I have to manually find flash (I believe it's the link Andrew gave you) and install it.

It's is well worth it though since firefox is a really good browser.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 6 2008, 10:38 AM
GMC:er
Firefox is even more annoying than internet explorer. Nothing works lol. It is unstable and crashes all the time and it screws everything up. I'm forced to use IE just because other companies are even more useless than Microsoft and that is saying something biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jun 6 2008, 10:43 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
bit of a mixture for me, at work Firefox runs flawlessly, but at home I have to use both IE and Firefox depending on what I`m doing, if I`m uploading larger files to the forum then I can only use Firefox as IE always times out, but I have similar issues to Hank when I want to d/load and view files using firefox, weird blink.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 6 2008, 10:54 AM
Lets go fishing!

Firefox is my weapon of choice for development and debugging, you just cant beat its awsome range of plug in's and tools.

Its great for the everyday users of course too, as it helps protect you from 'phishing' and all sorts of internet nastys! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 6 2008, 10:57 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Firefox FTW! theres some great plugins/addons created by users too, can make every day tasks alot easier biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 6 2008, 11:22 AM
Singing Instructor
I had the sam problem,and I almost give up on Firefox,but,then after a while he works him self up and running.
Try to wait a bit there,I mean,if nothing else works.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jun 6 2008, 12:13 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Did you just reinstall Firefox over the old version, or did you really wipe it from your harddisc, incl. deleting the program folders?

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 6 2008, 12:19 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jun 6 2008, 07:13 AM) *
Did you just reinstall Firefox over the old version, or did you really wipe it from your harddisc, incl. deleting the program folders?

I didn't have the old version on here, I downloaded the newest version last night from mozilla. When it tries to locate a plugin, Adobe flash player pops up as the only located plugin, and half way through the load it comes back FAILED. I also went through the process manually but this doesn't seem to work either. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

This post has been edited by Hammerin Hank: Jun 6 2008, 12:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jun 6 2008, 12:44 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jun 6 2008, 05:54 AM) *
Firefox is my weapon of choice for development and debugging, you just cant beat its awsome range of plug in's and tools.

Firebug FTW!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 6 2008, 01:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jun 6 2008, 12:44 PM) *
Firebug FTW!

I agree. I installed Firebug for the first time last month and its been my Holy Savior since smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:31 PM