> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Lenni - Slow Soloing, lesson by Trond Vold
Slow Soloing
Grade
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Lenni
Sep 1 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi again, here's my next recording.

It's the Slow Soloing lesson by Trond Vold.

I've been practicing this one for about a week and since I'm on vacation right now, this means some considerable time invested. Unfortunately I never really practiced bending and vibrato-stuff before I came here, so this was very hard for me and I feel there's still a long road ahead of me, especially with the vibratos which still tend to control me rather than the other way round.
The bendings I think worked more or less fine on this take, although I later noticed that the big one at 0:30 is not only out of tune (as it was most of the time) but also out of timing (which worked fine on other takes). The rest of the take reflects my abilities quite well.

Having this said, I obviously have to keep on practicing this stuff - if it's gonna be with the lesson or one of the next ones is totally up to you wink.gif

Gear:
Fender USA Strat
Mbox Mini
Garageband (stadium solo preset)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 12 2011, 09:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:20 PM