Dimebag Divebom Tribute (demo)
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2015, 08:25 PM
GMC:er
Yesterday was DIME's Birthday. In honor of the man himself I've done this quick demo on one of his fave techniques. The "Dive Bomb" using Natural Harmonics. If you are not yet savvy on this technique, that's O.K. It's quite simple smile.gif Here are the steps and the demo vid.

STEP 1: "Flick" (hammer/pull) the G string
STEP 2: DIVE the whammy bar
STEP 3: Lightly touch the fret on a natural harmonic (5th, 7th, etc.)
STEP 4: Whammy to taste

Please give it a shot yourself and post your vids here in tribute to the man himself. Don't be shy. I know this technique seems impossible for a great many people at first so don't think your the only one if you can't play this. If you give it a try though, and play boldly, as Dime did, you will be on your way smile.gif I hope at least one player here at GMC gives this a shot.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 21 2015, 08:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 21 2015, 09:48 PM
Learning Roadie
RIP Dime !

i ll like to do this, but i only have Les Paul axes..... so not for me smile.gif

nice demo ideed !!

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks for checking it out! It's a very fun techniques but not built for les pauls to be sure.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 21 2015, 04:48 PM) *
RIP Dime !

i ll like to do this, but i only have Les Paul axes..... so not for me smile.gif

nice demo ideed !!

Laurent

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 22 2015, 07:26 PM
Here is the PRESET DOWNLOAD for the 11 Rack patch I'm using to get the "Dime Effect" smile.gif Enjoy!

Attached File  DIME_DIVE_BOMBS.tfx.zip ( 1.22K ) Number of downloads: 53

And here is a link to pretty much every single preset on my 11 Rack. Some are just imports from other folks, most are custom. Enjoy smile.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4bg8iqtmj45i4d/...0TQy9GsTUa?dl=0

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 22 2015, 08:00 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:13 AM