> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Monkeydathos's Technique & Creative Concepts, for Gab's Army
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 7 2018, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2018, 05:20 PM) *

Ye I can see around 0:12 you rest the pick in the next string as you ascend unlike what I used to do.
I'll try and get some videos of legato trills whenever I go back home.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2018, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 7 2018, 02:44 PM) *
Ye I can see around 0:12 you rest the pick in the next string as you ascend unlike what I used to do.
I'll try and get some videos of legato trills whenever I go back home.

Good! Looking forward your vids!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Feb 1 2019, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 9 2018, 03:11 PM) *
Good! Looking forward your vids!!

Still planning on doing some legato vídeos.!
Been working hard, but i still feel like i can improve a little bit more on my own.
I want to impress the greatest Gabriel of course cool.gif

I would like your point of view regarding composition.
My dilemma is everthing i do sounds like a budget version of my favorite bands. So i never finishing anything.
Like the riff in the file... I really like it but it sounds like poor mana chon.. Or every other mathish rock band.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Feb 1 2019, 06:37 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Grava____o_20190201160831.m4a ( 609.7K ) Number of downloads: 89

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2019, 05:45 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Great to hear from you!!

I love your composition! I'm a Chon listener so I can notice the influence but I don't think that it's a problem or a bad thing.

Don't feel alone with your thoughts and feelings at this point. I know what you mean, and I'll give my suggestion based on my own experience.

Finish this idea by adding drums, bass, and giving the whole song structure. Work on a new song, no matter if it sound like your influences, and do the same, complete it with other instruments.

The more you do it, the more you'll train your composing / arranging skills, and you'll find your own style soon. Trust me! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 22 2019, 02:56 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 3 2019, 05:45 PM) *
Finish this idea by adding drums, bass, and giving the whole song structure. Work on a new song, no matter if it sound like your influences, and do the same, complete it with other instruments.

The more you do it, the more you'll train your composing / arranging skills, and you'll find your own style soon. Trust me! wink.gif

´
I've been working on this. Managed to assemble a band. (2 guitars 1 bass drums and keyboard).
We are still in a composition phase though. But we are doing day jobs and atm is beeing kind a tricky to get everyone in a room.

That aside.
I finished another year at the music school and my conclusion;

I am a rusher unsure.gif
To be honest I dunno how to fix it. I've practicing a lot of sight reading, playing quarter notes at 40 bpm.
Some times I even have the click only in the first beat.

And I can hear when I am ahead, on the click, and lagging.
But the habbit of rushing is so ingrain in my subconscious that I think it's gonna take a while to re-program my brain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2019, 05:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 21 2019, 10:56 PM) *
´
I've been working on this. Managed to assemble a band. (2 guitars 1 bass drums and keyboard).
We are still in a composition phase though. But we are doing day jobs and atm is beeing kind a tricky to get everyone in a room.

That aside.
I finished another year at the music school and my conclusion;

I am a rusher unsure.gif
To be honest I dunno how to fix it. I've practicing a lot of sight reading, playing quarter notes at 40 bpm.
Some times I even have the click only in the first beat.

And I can hear when I am ahead, on the click, and lagging.
But the habbit of rushing is so ingrain in my subconscious that I think it's gonna take a while to re-program my brain.

Hi mate! Great update! smile.gif

I know that it can be tricky to have a band in a room nowadays, but the good side is that we have technology now. Using internet, and software can be very effective to work on the first steps of a project. Don't let the schedule issues affect the progress of your musical journey, keep going!

About rushing... well, this is a normal issue, try to breath with the beat while practising, relax, your practice should be like a meditation. It's very positive to discover the issue so you can focus on it, but trust me that you'll be fixing this soon, if you relax and connect your mind and body with groove.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 24 2019, 04:53 AM
Ye...Unfortunaly I often struggle with a lot of stress and anxiety.
Sometimes I wonder if rushing is a byproduct of that state of mind rather than musical incompentence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2019, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jun 24 2019, 12:53 AM) *
Sometimes I wonder if rushing is a byproduct of that state of mind rather than musical incompentence.

Yes, state of mind is as or more important than practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 13 2020, 06:54 PM
Hey Gab!
I would like your advice!

I have been tracking some guitar parts to a friend. And I often come with this issue.

I am a rusher mellow.gif especially with some of the riffs that are just quarter notes over 100 bpm click.
More often than not I get this tripping into the 1 rather than hitting in the beat feel.

I just dunno how to fix this? Do I just try to hit click and hit on the spot? It seems quite abstract to me.

Here's a good example of what i meant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2020, 12:49 AM
Instructor
That's not dramatic, but it can be improved with practice over metronome. Have you ever tried practicing this?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 14 2020, 03:36 PM
Ye! I was multi tracking a slow doomish riff and i noticed a lot of loose feels between the tracks.
To be honest, Rushing is my biggest flaw in regards to music. unsure.gif I think it has to do with me being a really anxious person dry.gif laugh.gif

I was watching that vídeo as you posted. biggrin.gif
Gonna give it a go. I have 30 min of free time after my lunch at work, so might even practice with just claps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2020, 04:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 14 2020, 11:36 AM) *
Ye! I was multi tracking a slow doomish riff and i noticed a lot of loose feels between the tracks.
To be honest, Rushing is my biggest flaw in regards to music. unsure.gif I think it has to do with me being a really anxious person dry.gif laugh.gif

hahaha I think that rushing is a very normal thing, not only related to anxious people.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 14 2020, 11:36 AM) *
I was watching that vídeo as you posted. biggrin.gif
Gonna give it a go. I have 30 min of free time after my lunch at work, so might even practice with just claps.

I want to hear what happens! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 14 2020, 10:16 PM
Damn Gabriel! I just noticed I posted the same question about rushing in my last posts before this one rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif completely forgot about it.

It just seems more obvious when I look at it in Reaper.

Gonna try and make it a constant part of my day!
Will tell you if I managed to break any barrier with this method!

Probably gonna take more than a week, more like a lifetime though tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2020, 04:19 PM
Instructor
haha not a week, but much less than a lifetime! Try it 15/20 minutes every day and you'll see big results in 1 month.

Another timing exercise:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...iming-exercise/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 6 2021, 11:20 PM
Hey Gab!
I really lrush alot the "4 and" in particularly. I got to tell myself just to wait a bit longer, even though I feel I am going miss the beat I usually land right on it.

Still working on it.

Tbh haven't guitared that much as of late. Been doing stock reposition in our local supermarket, but it is usually a night job.
So been basically sleeping all day and work all night. wacko.gif kinda out of synch with life in general laugh.gif laugh.gif

Btw, I think might need your help, your opinion. I came up with this riff a few months agos, but I just dunno what do to with it.
Nothing I do as a follow pleases me.
Idk laugh.gif just kinda really lost atm.
If you got any suggestion, would really appreaciate it

Attached File(s)
Attached File  idea100000.wav ( 3.83MB ) Number of downloads: 63

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2021, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Great to hear from you! smile.gif

That musical idea is really promising! I really like it. Are you able to program drums and bass for this one?

The first thing that I would to is to have a drum groove and a bass line that goes well with this idea. Let me know if you can do it and I'll give you some idea on how to continue it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 7 2021, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 7 2021, 05:23 PM) *
Hi mate!! Great to hear from you! smile.gif

That musical idea is really promising! I really like it. Are you able to program drums and bass for this one?

The first thing that I would to is to have a drum groove and a bass line that goes well with this idea. Let me know if you can do it and I'll give you some idea on how to continue it.

Negative.
At moment I have both Reaper and Ableton (although I tend to go for reaper, which is easier for me to use)
All I know is how to set my guitar with bias on reaper.

PS: Cael actually taught me how to program drums with guitar pro a while ago, but I stopped using it for a time now

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 7 2021, 06:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 7 2021, 07:23 PM
https://soundcloud.com/renato-santos-658226572/first2

I came up with this a while back, mainly going around Bbminor 7 and its first invesion.
But not quite sure if I am 100% happy with it

I e actually been thinking on orderting something like.
https://m.thomann.de/pt/fender_sq_affinity_...s_pj_owt_il.htm
to have a bass to record with. Not sure how good the idea is though.

And maybe a midi keyboard in the future

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 8 2021, 01:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2021, 05:18 PM
Instructor
I like how it continues here. I think that you have a big part of the song mate. The first thing that comes to mind is that this could start like this, only with guitar, and then at second 00:30, drums and bass could start and repeat the whole progression.

The guitar could repeat the same idea with very small variations, with bigger variations, or you could go for a lead guitar melody over it. What direction do you want to give this? Something more like Chon? Plini? Polyphia? I mean, do you want mostly a clean tone chordal song or something more with leads?

Regarding the bass, it's always good to have one. That one is cheap and really good so you won't regret it, however, at this point, maybe you'll give more use to a midi keyboard controller which will allow you to record bass, but only drums and other instruments and synths... this is a personal decision.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 8 2021, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 8 2021, 05:18 PM) *
I like how it continues here. I think that you have a big part of the song mate. The first thing that comes to mind is that this could start like this, only with guitar, and then at second 00:30, drums and bass could start and repeat the whole progression.

The guitar could repeat the same idea with very small variations, with bigger variations, or you could go for a lead guitar melody over it. What direction do you want to give this? Something more like Chon? Plini? Polyphia? I mean, do you want mostly a clean tone chordal song or something more with leads?

I like the idea! Starting with just guitar.
I'm both free on Wednesday and Thursday, will spend some more time comming with stuff.

Ye I'm a big fan of Low Gain + Chordal Riff style.
I was thinking more to the likes of Chon and Intervals, maybe not that shreddy. More like Tricot.
Like punk rockish but with math rockish kind of flavor riffs? if that makes any sense.

I am going with bass for now. mainly because I am huge city pop and 70 funk fan and always wanted to learn those sweet bass lines, Even in tradicional combo jazz band, Ive always enjoyed listening and jamming with the bass rather than with the guitar tbh laugh.gif

That being said, I could easily buy a midi, probably next month. So:

What would you recommend? (I really didn't want to spend more than 300 euros though tongue.gif )

How would you go around and learn how to program drums? (youtube videos?), and what kind of software, vst, would you recomend for drums?

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Mar 8 2021, 11:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:35 PM