> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Etienne's Thread, for Gab's Army
Etienne
Mar 26 2014, 11:24 PM
GMC:er
[quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Mar 26 2014, 08:01 PM' post='680056']
what do you know about music theory?
[/quote

Nothing...it's boring and i am a ear player... but i'm open to your lesson. I try to became a lead guitarist so i need to know were to go on my neck. Lets go

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2014, 02:21 PM
Instructor
yeah! it can be boring if you don' t apply it directly into your music. It's not important to learn a lot by once, you can learn slowly and apply it. That's the best way to do it.

At first, it would be important that you can find the notes on your fret board. Give a try to this thread and exercises and let me know if you already know it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48919

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Etienne
Apr 23 2014, 08:46 PM
Hey, long time no talk... haha Well my arm get better and i only play little stuff. But you said that you can help me whith the solo with my band so i send you this song. It's only a beginning but it give you an idea. And i want a solo in the beginning but i have no idea or inspiration or where to go it's in standard tuning and it's A and G. Tell me what you think

https://soundcloud.com/et007-1/fall-in-to/s-OjhpD

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Nice to hear from you again! I'm glad to know that you are getting better. smile.gif

I've just heard the track. Where would you like to record the solo (between which seconds)?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Apr 24 2014, 04:49 PM
In the beginning 0 sec to 28 sec

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2014, 05:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Apr 24 2014, 12:49 PM) *
In the beginning 0 sec to 28 sec

That's tricky! I think that the best would be to think on some good melodies to play over it. The first step would be to start jamming a bit over it. We have two chords there: Am and G played as a loop. The scale that works there is A minor.

Why don't you record some improvisations over it and share them here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Apr 24 2014, 06:18 PM
Ok thanks i will check A minor and jam a little bit

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2014, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Apr 24 2014, 02:18 PM) *
Ok thanks i will check A minor and jam a little bit

Ok. I will wait for your takes. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Apr 27 2014, 02:06 AM
How do you choose that the A minor is the one??? And do you have stuff in A minor??

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2014, 04:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Apr 26 2014, 10:06 PM) *
How do you choose that the A minor is the one??? And do you have stuff in A minor??

The two bass notes that appear there are A and G. I could play along with this bass notes playing power chords, but if I want to play triads, the two chords that work there are Am and G, this are the ones that sound better, and the main reason is the vocal melody that appears in the first seconds which sings 3 notes from A minor scale (C - B - A). Then when the song starts, the overall tonality is clearly A minor.

There are many theory concepts that you should study to be able to learn the tonality of a song and the scales that can be used. We can start working on this things if you want.

Stuff in A minor?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ck-solo-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/ap_etu...m_triplet_feel/

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 28 2014, 04:22 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Apr 28 2014, 03:38 PM
Go for it and thanks. I learn yesterday A minor pentatonic scales and i jam with backing tracks
Realy cool it all sound good. I will play all week that scales. And i see that A minor can be aolien mode. You can choose one of those two??? Whats the difference? Anyway im open to learn

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2014, 03:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Apr 28 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Go for it and thanks. I learn yesterday A minor pentatonic scales and i jam with backing tracks
Realy cool it all sound good. I will play all week that scales. And i see that A minor can be aolien mode. You can choose one of those two??? Whats the difference? Anyway im open to learn

Hi mate, A minor and A Aeolian are the same scale. Aeolian term is used when it's seen as a 6th mode from the Major scale but it's basically the same scale and you can use both names to refer to it.

Let's start working on this thread's exercises and concepts: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49841

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Jul 5 2014, 06:39 PM
I'm alive and i close to a come back...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2014, 09:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Jul 5 2014, 02:39 PM) *
I'm alive and i close to a come back...

Hey mate! Welcome back!! How are you? What have you been doing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Jul 12 2014, 01:16 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 6 2014, 08:17 PM) *
Hey mate! Welcome back!! How are you? What have you been doing?

In one month my arm is suppose to be ok and i will play guitar again. My god it's long.........

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2014, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Etienne @ Jul 11 2014, 09:16 PM) *
In one month my arm is suppose to be ok and i will play guitar again. My god it's long.........

Hi Etienne! Nice to know it! Are you working on other musical things that doesn't involve your arm?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Aug 24 2014, 07:28 PM
Hey Gab's i'm ready to restart slowly so one lesson at time.
You are free to choose what you want.
I'm happy to play again

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2014, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Etienne! How are you? It's great to know that you are feeling good now! I think that you should start slowly with technique, and off course do the massages, stretches and warming up before each routine. (http://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY)

What about the last routine that I gave you, could you work on it? It was set 20 days before you had to stop playing. Are you already familiar with the exercises?

I also think that we should start to dedicate some minutes to scale work, but off putting music in the first place. We will dedicate time to making music with scales. What do you think? Are you in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Etienne
Aug 26 2014, 01:55 PM
I'm in for scale work but gave me some backing track to improvise and a key in particual cause i already try scales and i stop it cause it's boring for me. I know it's important but i can't do it for a long time. And i did nothing to the last routine so you can gave me the one you want.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2014, 07:45 PM
Instructor
This sounds good mate, so please check this link where you will find the tabs, diagrams needed, a backing track and a link to the video with my explanations on how to work on it: Click HERE. Please feel free to ask all the questions you need.

About the guitar routine, let's go for this one: HERE

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:27 AM