2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Schwarzenegger's Early Years
Ben Higgins
Oct 29 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
Really interesting and inspiring video that talks about Arnold's years in the military and what he did to win his first competition ! Watch it if you're feeling unmotivated about the guitar smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 29 2012, 09:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Impressing and a acknowledgement to go your own way anyway whats seems to be useful or normal in the system around ya.

The moments of staying alone are in real a power mend to strengthen yourself and let you see yourself more and more.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Oct 29 2012, 09:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great vid mate!
Its always great to see how highly successfull people talk about their early struggles and how they became who they are despite their circumstances.
Just shows that if you REALLY want to achive something, it is definetley possible with the right attitude and state of mind.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2012, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the link Ben, I will see it later today. Does he release his biographic film?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Oct 29 2012, 10:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just watched it.
Reach for the sky... no regrets.

He has accomplished a lot by hard work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Arnold really shows that you have to cultivate a massive, massive level of belief in yourself.. it's kind of discouraged to go around thinking and saying 'I'm great, I can do anything..' etc because it can be interpreted as arrogance but I think arrogance is different to self belief. Arrogance is like 'I think I'm better than you' but self belief is 'I know I'm the best at what I do' or 'I'm going to be the best at what I do.'

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 30 2012, 12:52 PM
Learning Roadie
It's amazing to see how many more obstacles a lot of successful people like Arnie had to overcome to get to where they are than we do, yet we often use the smallest of obstacles as an excuse, rather than a challenge.

It reminds me of Romans 12 v2
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Obviously that is talking about your Christian walk and relationship for God etc.

but I think we do need to remind ourselves daily about our goals and to what we need to do each day to achieve them.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 02:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 30 2012, 11:52 AM) *
It's amazing to see how many more obstacles a lot of successful people like Arnie had to overcome to get to where they are than we do, yet we often use the smallest of obstacles as an excuse, rather than a challenge.

It reminds me of Romans 12 v2
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Obviously that is talking about your Christian walk and relationship for God etc.

but I think we do need to remind ourselves daily about our goals and to what we need to do each day to achieve them.

Very true.

I would interpret that passage as not to get bogged down by following the same furrow as others and living your life based on what others think it's possible, realistic etc. Instead, by listening and following your passion and by using your mind to help picture what you want to achieve, you'll fulfil purpose on this Earth. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 02:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 30 2012, 06:47 AM) *
Arnold really shows that you have to cultivate a massive, massive level of belief in yourself.. it's kind of discouraged to go around thinking and saying 'I'm great, I can do anything..' etc because it can be interpreted as arrogance but I think arrogance is different to self belief. Arrogance is like 'I think I'm better than you' but self belief is 'I know I'm the best at what I do' or 'I'm going to be the best at what I do.'

We should say ourselves this phrase once a day:; "I'm going to be the best at what I do"

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2012, 01:55 PM) *
We should say ourselves this phrase once a day:; "I'm going to be the best at what I do"

Or many times a day !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 08:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 30 2012, 11:40 AM) *
Or many times a day !! biggrin.gif

ahah yeah you're right, I had already forgotten the phrase now! What about having it written below the pc monitor? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 10:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2012, 07:21 PM) *
ahah yeah you're right, I had already forgotten the phrase now! What about having it written below the pc monitor? smile.gif

Yeah, I think you should write loads of phrases around your works space like..

'You are awesome'

'You are the best'

'You crush all other guitarists with one hand'

'You will destroy all your opposition'

Going a bit too far ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 31 2012, 12:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
I think your next collab needs to be a tribute entitled
Schwarzenegger

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 30 2012, 01:55 PM) *

My 2 cents here smile.gif I read a book called 'Effortless Mastery' which deals with discovering the unique musician that resides within you and being the best you, that you can possibly be! I guess, it goes well with the topic, so check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Effortless-Mastery-L...n/dp/156224003X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 31 2012, 10:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 30 2012, 11:40 PM) *
I think your next collab needs to be a tribute entitled
Schwarzenegger

Do you know what ? I think you're right !! Thanks for the idea biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 31 2012, 09:25 AM) *
My 2 cents here smile.gif I read a book called 'Effortless Mastery' which deals with discovering the unique musician that resides within you and being the best you, that you can possibly be! I guess, it goes well with the topic, so check it out here:

http://www.amazon.com/Effortless-Mastery-L...n/dp/156224003X

I remember it now that you mention it. Thank you, I will add that to my wish list ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 31 2012, 12:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 31 2012, 10:50 AM) *
Do you know what ? I think you're right !! Thanks for the idea biggrin.gif

how about "my schwarzenegger is bigger then your scharzenegger collab "

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 31 2012, 12:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 31 2012, 11:08 AM) *
how about "my schwarzenegger is bigger then your scharzenegger collab "

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would seriously worry about the type of videos it would inspire ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 05:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 30 2012, 06:17 PM) *
Yeah, I think you should write loads of phrases around your works space like..

'You are awesome'

'You are the best'

'You crush all other guitarists with one hand'

'You will destroy all your opposition'

Going a bit too far ? smile.gif

"You are GOD!" ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 31 2012, 08:47 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would seriously worry about the type of videos it would inspire ! biggrin.gif

what about a youtube video/song inspired in Arnold??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 1 2012, 12:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 31 2012, 05:14 PM) *
what about a youtube video/song inspired in Arnold??

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
everybody would have to do their interpretation of Arnie

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2012, 12:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Oct 31 2012, 08:38 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
everybody would have to do their interpretation of Arnie

my song would have some "You could be mine" vibes... since my favorite work by Arnold is Terminator 2.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:59 AM