Radiohead - In Rainbows
Iluha
Oct 17 2007, 01:57 AM
GMC:er
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Rainbows_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Oct 17 2007, 04:00 AM
Thanks for the review. I've been listening to this album over the last couple of days and I've really come to like it. Mind you, I like a lot of Radioheads music - even stuff like "Hail to the Thief" which a lot of people don't seem to like. I think "In Rainbows" is almost optimistic and "happy" - by Radiohead standards anyway!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 17 2007, 04:53 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nice - and timely - review Iluha.

As an aside: Public Enemy posted some of their old albums for download awhile back when they were in dispute with their then recording company; Prince/Symbol/Squiggle (as my daughter calls him) I think has gone down the download only route; and I've seen somewhere that NiN will do the same as Radiohead for their new album.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 17 2007, 05:16 AM
Good review man! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 17 2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks guys, and Tony, Public Enemy is a rapper group right? not really into that, but there has been alot of similar moves by other bands lately, I remember Slayer had their latest album up in it's entirety for free streaming, as well as HIM, and I think there were several others.

I gotta mention one thing, I think Radiohead, while doing this cool thing which allows you to pay any amout you want, at the same time their selling the cdbox of the album for a wooping price of 40$, for it's defence it does have about 6 extra songs, but still, I think 40$ is a really high price tag on a cd.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 17 2007, 06:36 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Yes about PE Iluha.

And also as far as I know about the Radiohead hard copy of the cd/download.

$40 to me is a LOT as well for an extra 6 tracks (or even the complete package). Once it's all played out (rolleyes.gif ) it would be sort of interesting to see an economic breakdown on this. Radiohead's accountants presumably have calculated clearing and advised on $40 so also presumably expect a lot of people downloading for free/peanuts...

Nonetheless says a lot about the economics of the record industry wink.gif . As I remember the only group I was ever in with a recording contract we got paid about 15 pence per 6UK pound album sold - after we had paid back the advance - compared with the Record Company who made 2UK pounds PROFIT (not turnover) . Think I've made about a total of 1.65 from that record in about 20 years laugh.gif Yea I'm rich!

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
PlayAllDay
Oct 17 2007, 08:14 AM
Oh you do get a bit more than 6 extra songs, tongue.gif here's what the boxset deal is:

THIS CONSISTS OF THE NEW ALBUM, IN RAINBOWS, ON CD
AND ON 2 X 12 INCH HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL RECORDS.
A SECOND, ENHANCED CD CONTAINS MORE NEW SONGS, ALONG WITH DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS AND ARTWORK.
THE DISCBOX ALSO INCLUDES ARTWORK AND LYRIC BOOKLETS.
ALL ARE ENCASED IN A HARDBACK BOOK AND SLIPCASE.

All this for that price is pretty good - specially if you're a big radiohead fan or vinyl enthusiast!
I just got the download... laugh.gif
And I agree with your review Iluha - I'm really enjoying these songs.

Edited for spelling sad.gif
And again for sheer stupidity sad.gif sad.gif

This post has been edited by PlayAllDay: Oct 17 2007, 08:17 AM

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Oct 22 2007, 06:16 AM
this album is pretty awesome. probably the most laid back record radiohead has ever released.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Oct 23 2007, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the review. This is a great album, but what album of their's isn't? It's no OK Computer or Kid A, but still one of the best records of the year.

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 24 2007, 09:25 AM
Learning Roadie
Really good album. I've been listening to it a lot and I really like every song on the album. No weak points.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Oct 25 2007, 09:11 AM
Can you opt to pay nothing for it?

Out of interest... laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Oct 25 2007, 09:42 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Oct 25 2007, 03:11 AM) *
Can you opt to pay nothing for it?

Out of interest... laugh.gif

You get an automatic £ 0.45 charge to your credit card on top of the £ 0.00, so sort of ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ben N
Oct 25 2007, 10:08 AM
Instructor
wow thats a great review smile.gif
good job

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 27 2007, 05:48 AM
QUOTE (Ben N @ Oct 25 2007, 11:08 AM) *
wow thats a great review smile.gif
good job

Toda ben smile.gif

I just need to say, that even after a few weeks of listening to this album, I still find satisfaction in listening to it, it's rare for me to find an album I can listen to more than one week.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:50 AM