Shuffle Death
lindman
Nov 12 2011, 02:09 PM
GMC:er
Hi im working on a new song for my band Soul Decay.

I will do a solo over this riff, but would be fun to do something other than just aeolian or penta!

what can I use, as you would think fit in

The guitar is tuned down to c#

mostly of the riff is played on two strings, except the last, so they do not become a "full" chord

have a little inspiration dry out , so I'm really happy for any suggestions!

-----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------0--------0
---------------------------------------------------------------4-------
---0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-5-5-5-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-------6------
---7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-6-6----6-6-

Here is the link :

http://www.2shared.com/audio/u7GUN6KP/shuffle_death.html

Ops the tabbing went wrong !
Here it is

E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------0--
G-------------------------------------------------------------------0-----------0
D--------------------------------------------------------------------4----------
A---7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7----------6-----------
E---0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-5-5-5-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-6-6--------6--6-----

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 12 2011, 07:03 PM
saw that u can upload in the forum so i do that instead =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  shuffle_death.mp3 ( 1.39MB ) Number of downloads: 135

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 12 2011, 09:12 PM
Instructor
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------0--
G-------------------------------------------------------------------0-----------0
D--------------------------------------------------------------------4----------
A---7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7----------6-----------
E---0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-5-5-5-0-0-3-3-0-0-3-3-6-6--------6--6-----

You can wrap your tabs in code or tab tags, and they will be displayed with monospaced font.

i think it sounds great, the riff is very cool, but the mix could be improved a bit.

Try to lower down the mids on the guitars and lower them a bit, they are too loud. Also, add bass to the mix.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 12 2011, 10:04 PM
okay hmm I do not know how to do that, is it the wrap in code tags ?

The recording is not serious, it has just recorded to build up the song , I forgot to say it =)

Glad u liked the riff , its a litte bluesy kinda entombed deth n roll style =)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 12 2011, 10:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (lindman @ Nov 12 2011, 10:04 PM) *
okay hmm I do not know how to do that, is it the wrap in code tags ?

The recording is not serious, it has just recorded to build up the song , I forgot to say it =)

Glad u liked the riff , its a litte bluesy kinda entombed deth n roll style =)

To post tabs in the forum you need to type :

[ tab ] post your tab here [/ tab ] (without any spaces inside brackets)

You can also use "wrap in code" option - it should work well too.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 12 2011, 10:11 PM
Ah thanx =)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2011, 08:51 AM
Instructor
Mate, I gave your riff a good listen these days smile.gif that's why I didn't hurry with any answer. I would focus on creating rhythmically diverse phrases and throwing in some Phrygian dominant flavor here and there. It could spice things up a bit if you like those sounds biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 14 2011, 05:18 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 14 2011, 08:51 AM) *
Mate, I gave your riff a good listen these days smile.gif that's why I didn't hurry with any answer. I would focus on creating rhythmically diverse phrases and throwing in some Phrygian dominant flavor here and there. It could spice things up a bit if you like those sounds biggrin.gif

Thanx Cosmin Lupu for your reply ! sounds like a good idea, will definitely try it ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 14 2011, 10:47 PM
So this is what I came up with smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  grave_yard_solo.mp3 ( 809.51K ) Number of downloads: 98

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2011, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Ahaha biggrin.gif Sounds awesome mate! biggrin.gif I like its freshness! biggrin.gif I'd like to hear more stuff please!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 15 2011, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Great feel, sounds excellent, but the rhythm guitars seem to be quite louder then everything else smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 15 2011, 11:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 15 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Ahaha biggrin.gif Sounds awesome mate! biggrin.gif I like its freshness! biggrin.gif I'd like to hear more stuff please!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 15 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Great feel, sounds excellent, but the rhythm guitars seem to be quite louder then everything else smile.gif

Thanks a lot guys!!

hehe yea the mix is not good biggrin.gif
I would have improved that a bit before I upload it .

I'm glad I have come up with something, because im going to play it live in 2 weeks, and do not want to improvise on stage smile.gif

hehe I will post more solo for you Lupu tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 16 2011, 12:13 AM
Instructor
Excellent! Just, If I can notice- give that crash cymbal break a bit, it's too aggressive ! Opssss it's a "Shuffle Death", keep crashing !! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lindman
Nov 20 2011, 01:26 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Nov 16 2011, 12:13 AM) *
Excellent! Just, If I can notice- give that crash cymbal break a bit, it's too aggressive ! Opssss it's a "Shuffle Death", keep crashing !! laugh.gif

No leave my crash cymbal alone =D thinking of name the song Graveyard shovel or Graveyard shuffle haha

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:00 AM