Thomann.de Multi Fx Review
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2021, 07:33 AM
GMC:er
The guys from THOMANN try out the current crop of mid range floor units including units from Line 6, Headrush and my fave the Ampero, and the Harley Benton which I'd not heard before.

I have to agree with the reviewers. The Ampero can sound amazing and has the best editing interface of any of them, but the stock presets are TERRIBLE. I mean, awful. The high gain presets are muddy and dark and just bad. It's odd that they have such bad presets given how good it can sound. I didn't know Benton had jumped in to this market til this vid.

Which one do you like?

Check out this advanced rock lesson!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Advanc...h-Shuffle-Rock/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 2 2021, 05:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Thomann's Harley Benton brand one is probably a rebadged Joyo or similar chinese multifx They did that with the pedals they sell

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2021, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if the benton pedal was a chinese rebrand smile.gif It does have a NUX vibe to it. Looks a bit cheap. Still, for the price it does have a lot of functionality. It's not my fave in terms of tone though.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 2 2021, 12:00 PM) *
Thomann's Harley Benton brand one is probably a rebadged Joyo or similar chinese multifx They did that with the pedals they sell

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 5 2021, 11:54 AM
Out of those I've only tried the Ampero. Great piece of kit. Will hopefully be getting to play around with the Headrush and the Pod Go in the next couple of weeks.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2021, 08:58 PM
I LOVE the Ampero beyond words as you probably know smile.gif still my pick for multi units under $400. Also there is a 3 button version for $300, which is just unbeatable imho.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 5 2021, 06:54 AM) *
Out of those I've only tried the Ampero. Great piece of kit. Will hopefully be getting to play around with the Headrush and the Pod Go in the next couple of weeks.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 14 2021, 07:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
I still want to try the Headrush pedalboard. I don't know why that speaks to me more than any of the other brands. Maybe just something I've gotten into my head. The big pedalboard from Headrush is about 1000 USD, but I think the big Helix one can be near double that, and I don't think I can justify that. I think about 1000 is my limit. Of course I'd like to go all out for a Axe FX III or something, but that's about 3100 USD here.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2021, 08:56 PM
Im very tempted by it also for the reason that it's the descendant of the 11 rack which I loved. Few mult fx can get the tone I'm looking for. I'm sooo picky on high stuff. The 11 and now Head Rush can pull it off. Also, my presets from the 11 rack can load in the headrush!!

I found that out in the 11 rack facebook group. I shared my 11 rack presets and someone loaded them in a Headrush. It just allows for two signal paths and more flexibility in the rush unit. I love the big touch display as well. Last I checked they didn't have a software editor which is the only knock against it.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 14 2021, 02:32 PM) *
I still want to try the Headrush pedalboard. I don't know why that speaks to me more than any of the other brands. Maybe just something I've gotten into my head. The big pedalboard from Headrush is about 1000 USD, but I think the big Helix one can be near double that, and I don't think I can justify that. I think about 1000 is my limit. Of course I'd like to go all out for a Axe FX III or something, but that's about 3100 USD here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:37 PM