3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Avril Lavigne, lets analyse this guitarist
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2007, 09:03 PM
Instructor
She is a good singer, I liked her style more on her first album. This new blonde hair style - I don't like. Also the songs are more washed out now. That's a pop-punk genre and it is built specifically for one purpose - selling records. So I don't blame her for dong that - she is afterall one of the biggest stars today and respect for that. That is a JOB and a big responsibility if anyone noticed. But I am not really into that music so I don't wanna go further with comments there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 25 2007, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
At least some of her stuff is kinda catchy.. maybe like a 6/10.. but we all know everything by 3 inches of blood is 10/10 on the catchy scale.. so once again.. METAL WINS!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 27 2007, 01:39 AM
Chops: Power Chords

LMAO!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i dont like her at all, and many people here have stated many reasons, like fkalich did. I also hate pop/punk music with all my being!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 27 2007, 09:32 AM
Listen to Pantera and do your brain a favor =)

+Quote Post
bsamn
Dec 29 2007, 11:11 PM
hahaha tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Dec 30 2007, 01:25 AM
Instructor
you cant count her a guitarist thats just for her video clips play some easy chords and thats all

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 30 2007, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (Hisham @ Dec 29 2007, 06:25 PM) *
you cant count her a guitarist thats just for her video clips play some easy chords and thats all

thats right, Chops: Powerchords laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

ok ill cut it.... dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 30 2007, 10:56 AM
Lets go fishing!
Poor Avril, I dont think she classes herself as a guitarist so its probably unfair to rip on her. Im sure shes great at her genre biggrin.gif smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 30 2007, 11:26 AM
Instructor
I think all she cares about is the money she earns with all her (stupid) songs while we here practice our butts off and bitch about unfair world. Well, who's in better position? I guess she is sad.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Overkiller
Dec 30 2007, 11:58 AM
She ain't a bad singer, no doubt about that. But the music.. come on... There's nothing more I hate than 'popular music' these days. Pop-punk? Alright, I understand 'pop' with all the crappy music she comes with, but punk? I'm tired of all the pop-punk and skate-punk and the Mainstream stuff! I hear no difference between all those bands... She can't play guitar either. sad.gif Oh, well, she can sing, too bad she wastes it on such music. So I think all she cares about is the money, as Pavel said.

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 30 2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah! I hate popular music too. That´s why I listen to stuff that is really bad so no one else will like it. And I really get a good underground reputation. But sometimes my friends start liking the same music so then I have to stop listen to it. And generally trash talk the shit out of them bands on forums.

read irony biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 30 2007, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Haha!
Hilarious! I want more analysis like that!

QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Dec 24 2007, 02:01 PM) *
to achieve the avril effect you....
get your rich mummy to buy you a fender tele without even playing it first, just the most expensive one you see on the shelf
dye your hair with stupid colour
cover all the scenary with walls and walls of black cabs that say MARSHALL on
more importantly, you need to remove both of your testicles if you have any to start with and start learning how to whine like a retarded cat

chops:
power chord
hmmm,
power chord?
songs to download now:
...... meow meow meowwwwww!

so there you go ladies and gentlement, the avril lavigne guitarist analysis smile.gif

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 30 2007, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 30 2007, 04:26 AM) *
I think all she cares about is the money she earns with all her (stupid) songs while we here practice our butts off and bitch about unfair world. Well, who's in better position? I guess she is sad.gif

well said Pavel and very true... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 31 2007, 01:55 AM
I think Avril Lavigne could use a GMC membership.

Watch those power chords become tapped harmonic arpeggios

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 31 2007, 02:06 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Dec 30 2007, 06:55 PM) *
I think Avril Lavigne could use a GMC membership.

Watch those power chords become tapped harmonic arpeggios

yeah couldnt agree more, hmm i think they would become swept-tapped arpeggios tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 31 2007, 02:08 AM
..... or tapped-harmonic arpeggio sweeps?

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Dec 31 2007, 02:14 AM
Personally i respect her becuase she is living the dream which would be making a career out of music . So obviously she is doing something people like.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 31 2007, 10:10 AM
Lets go fishing!
Personaly I think all this bashing of a pop singer on the worlds premier guitar website is a little odd to say the least. sad.gif

Most pop singers hold a fancy guitar, its just business after all. If she had claimed to be a killer guitarist, then maybe I could see why this discussion might take place. unsure.gif

I dunno I guess it just seems a little crazy to me considering the pages of top professional players we have discussed on this forum smile.gif

Just my two cents wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 31 2007, 10:20 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 31 2007, 06:10 PM) *
Personaly I think all this bashing of a pop singer on the worlds premier guitar website is a little odd to say the least. sad.gif

Most pop singers hold a fancy guitar, its just business after all. If she had claimed to be a killer guitarist, then maybe I could see why this discussion might take place. unsure.gif

I dunno I guess it just seems a little crazy to me considering the pages of top professional players we have discussed on this forum smile.gif

Just my two cents wink.gif

+1

Every musician deserves respect no matter how bad you think their playing is, she is a human being like me and you and that is just the music she likes, and obviously a lot of other people do as well otherwise she wouldn't be so famous huh? Give her a break I say

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 31 2007, 12:09 PM
Her voice! So whiny!!! sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:48 PM