Vibrato, Request about Vibratos
MattE
Jun 11 2007, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
Hey everybody,

Hope everybody enjoyed their weekend.

Anyways, I was curious as to if anybody knows if there are any lessons on vibratos

I've searched through what seems like the entire site, but with no success, and just wanted to make sure I didnt overlook anything. So any help?

-Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jun 11 2007, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (MattE @ Jun 11 2007, 06:48 PM) *
Hey everybody,

Hope everybody enjoyed their weekend.

Anyways, I was curious as to if anybody knows if there are any lessons on vibratos

I've searched through what seems like the entire site, but with no success, and just wanted to make sure I didnt overlook anything. So any help?

-Matt

As far as I know there aren't any video lessons here specifically on vibrato or that mention it in much detail.

Thing is with vibrato, from what I understand, it's one of those things that's relatively unique to each player. You can try to emulate another player's style, but it still comes down how your hand moves, what motion you're comfortable making, etc.

Personally at the moment, I'm working on kind of a finger vibrato in the style of Angus Young. Just not as fast. Hooking the thumb over and shaking just doesn't work for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 11 2007, 08:39 PM
There is some great youtube videos...of people doing vibrato lessons ....you should check them out...and i know pavel helped me once with a video..on his vibrato....the forum on the gmc is called... "vibrato troubles" pavels video is on there tongue.gif

edit: or maybe it was called troubles iwth vibrato.....either or..i bet you could find it!!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 11 2007, 08:40 PM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
dogman
Jun 12 2007, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 11 2007, 03:29 PM) *
As far as I know there aren't any video lessons here specifically on vibrato or that mention it in much detail.

Thing is with vibrato, from what I understand, it's one of those things that's relatively unique to each player. You can try to emulate another player's style, but it still comes down how your hand moves, what motion you're comfortable making, etc.

Personally at the moment, I'm working on kind of a finger vibrato in the style of Angus Young. Just not as fast. Hooking the thumb over and shaking just doesn't work for me.

Very true. vibrato is as unique as each players style & tone and can be as subtle as swells or down right serious as Randy Rhoads in the Mr. Crowley solos.

vibrato is just another technique like palm muting, legato, speed picking or pull offs etc....

Not ony does it involve bending and shaking of the strings, it requires a certain amount of consistancy to be fluid and a great deal of very good finger strength if you want to be able to do it correctly and sound like your favorite rockstar

There is a U Tube lesson floating around in the style of David Gilmore. It is very good showing proper technique in bending and using vibrato wink.gif

+Quote Post
tha_max
Jun 19 2007, 02:46 PM
I'm having immense problems with getting that agressive neoclassical vibrato, mostly in bends. I just can't get it to sounds.. right.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 19 2007, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Guys, just to let you know:
I'm planning vibrato lessons right now. Not sure when the first one will be finished, but stay tuned wink.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
tha_max
Jun 19 2007, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jun 19 2007, 04:11 PM) *
Guys, just to let you know:
I'm planning vibrato lessons right now. Not sure when the first one will be finished, but stay tuned wink.gif

That just made my day smile.gif

+Quote Post
tha_max
Jun 20 2007, 03:01 PM
Just spend another hour but I just can't do a bend and add vibrato....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:55 PM