4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Most Disliked Games Of All Time
Outlaw2112
Jan 21 2008, 01:22 AM
GMC:er
COD was awesome, i was in cal in that... Id have to say cod 2 and cod 3 are the most hated games... they ruined the scope in cod 2, made it too easy, and way too many hackers...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 21 2008, 10:25 AM
What's up with the Guitar Hero anti-ness?
Most fun game ever on a console.

Turok, worst, most overhyped game ever.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 21 2008, 05:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Turok, good one, the new one will probably just be horrible.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 21 2008, 07:34 PM
Learning Roadie
The first Turok on 64 was great, I don't know what you guys are talking about tongue.gif

I like guitar hero but I don't feel the urge to own it. It's fun for partys though.

And how can you not like the metal gear games tongue.gif Or at least the early final fantasy games! They're classics! tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 21 2008, 10:52 PM
Turok 2 rage wars was fantastic!

Any video game after a movie.

Any sports video game. How much imagination does it really take to make a football game? "We'll add new lighting effects/crowd stuff to the game, slightly update the engine, update the rosters, slap 2008 on it and put it on store shelves". I can't believe that people keep buying this same stuff, but I would also rather play the sports in question rather than pretend to play the sports in question, but I recognize not everyone has that ability.

All of the WW2 shooters. All of them.

Any JRPG with an angsty teenager as the protagonist. See Grandia III.

Two Worlds was bad, and it had so much potential sad.gif.

Gears of War's cover was not as good as Vegas, but it was more conducive to arcade style play, which always fares better than realistic shooters, for whatever reason. The story was MUCH more involved in Gears IMO. It had the best writing of any game aside from Xenogears/FFVIII for me.

Any Nintendo franchise game where they repackage and update all the games of my youth. They cheapen the experience with each iteration, and that especially includes Legend of Zelda. A Link to the Past was the last great one. OoT, WW, etc are OK, but it didn't capture the soul of the originals. This goes double for Metroid. You make super Metroid then you try to tell me that Metroid Prime is just as good since it bears the same character? It was horrible.

Any gamecube game that wasn't Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, or SSB:M. Much hate for that controller.

Time Shift. They duped me big time on that one. It sucks. I should stop buying games on impulse.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Jan 21 2008, 11:02 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 21 2008, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 21 2008, 01:52 PM) *
All of the WW2 shooters. All of them.

+1
Amen

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jan 22 2008, 02:47 AM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Jan 21 2008, 04:52 PM) *
Two Worlds was bad, and it had so much potential sad.gif.

i loved two worlds dry.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 22 2008, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Jan 20 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Man, some real Guitar Hero haters here. laugh.gif

Oh, and I have to add Runescape also. I've never played it, but I have a few friends who have gotten seriously obsessed with it. What I want to know is, why waste hours of your life on an online game with crappy graphics that you have to pay for, when you could just buy Guildwars or something. Still a major waste of time imo.

I used to fit into that group. A couple years ago in sixth grade everyone in my grade was OBSESSED. Now that i look back on it i realised how much time of my life i wasted. and btw, you can play it for free, but you can pay money to get extra stuff(which is dumb) tongue.gif

Just a warning to the people on this website who are kids like me and like adventure/RPG style games:DO NOT PLAY IT, IT IS ADDICTING. mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Jan 22 2008, 02:55 AM
From: Pass Christian, MS (10 minutes from Maximus's house)
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jan 20 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Mario Party series

blink.gif blink.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif mad.gif blink.gif

do you happen to be on CRACK???!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"You don't play the guitar, You play the music"

MY GEAR:

Greg Bennett Avion
Alvarez MF 60C
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effects Pedal

GO SSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 22 2008, 02:57 AM
QUOTE (PacmanProductions Reborn @ Jan 21 2008, 08:55 PM) *
blink.gif blink.gif sad.gif sad.gif mad.gif mad.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif mad.gif blink.gif

do you happen to be on CRACK???!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??! tongue.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I love Mario Party, its fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jan 22 2008, 03:18 AM
Mosted Hated Games.hmmmmmmmmmm.

Didnt really like Mass Effect *Waits as the forum starts to hate me*
Halo 3 was a huuuuuuuuge upset and really was a let down for me *Here the forum starts trolling me*
And the Guitar Hero series doesnt do anything for me. Fun at partys, sure. But people at least where I live think playing that is so much greater then regular guitar, psh.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 22 2008, 03:40 AM
Your mass effect comment made me cry sad.gif

Thats an all time favorite for me, maybe because im a Sci-Fi/ RPG Nerd

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 22 2008, 03:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm not a fan of Rainbow Six or Need For Speed (any racings games actually now that I think of it) I dont see anything wrong with Guitar Hero, but it makes me mad when people think it can replace a real guitar. A girl in my music class says they should consider Guitar Hero a musical instrument dry.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 22 2008, 04:08 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 21 2008, 06:42 PM) *
A girl in my music class says they should consider Guitar Hero a musical instrument dry.gif

INJURE HER

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 22 2008, 05:18 AM
hahaha thats bad.

I remember someone talking about Slash being the best guitarist because his songs are hard to play in Guitar Hero.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 22 2008, 07:37 AM
My most disliked games would probably be:

1- The entire Halo series. "Combat Evolved" can be simplified to "Standard FPS". Oh, and the Flood sucks.
2- Gears of War. Couldn't play this game for more than 10 minutes straight without nodding off.
3- Superman, for 360. Kill robots, fly, kill robots, fly, kill robots, CUTSCENE, fly.
4- Forza Motorsport. I bought this looking for a racing game. I nearly killed myself when I screwed up once in a race and then could never get the lead back. Oh, and when you touch a bit of grass it brings you from 80 to 20 in about 3 seconds. Simulation? Who the hell wants to play that?
5- Marvel Ultimate Alliance for PS2. Cel Shaded games with immovable cameras hovered over your character at 5 feet? I think not.

Oh, 2 more!

1- Any Mario Game, especially Galaxies. The storyline never changes, and it's all just one big platform jump, and yet it still gets a 9.7!
2- Sports Games. As long as I live I will never own one. Every game is the same to the one that came out the year before it, except it's graphics are slightly updated.

This post has been edited by Ayen: Jan 22 2008, 06:05 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 22 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Gyromite on NES.
What a sucky game!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Alucard
Jan 22 2008, 03:43 PM
There are a few...

Guitar Hero and Rock Band
All of the Halo games
Call of Duty 3

Edit: Whoops, how could I forget the horrid Gears of War?

This post has been edited by Alucard: Jan 22 2008, 03:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 22 2008, 03:58 PM
If you're a old school computer KB/M FPS addict, the halo series is not that impressive. Halo 1 was somewhat of a breakthrough for bringing regenerative health to the mainstream. Halo 2 was revolutionary for being largely responsible for the proliferation of internet console gaming. No other game prior had a matchmaking/lobby system of that kind and it has set the bar for how finding games online for consoles should be. Halo 3 was an attempt to restore gameplay to being "balanced". It didn't really work out, BUT the saved film/screenshot picture capability is truly innovative. Also, having a map editor that you can manipulate the objects on the maps is pretty great.

Regardless on your opinion of the game, the technical achievements of the Halo series can't be overlooked, and like it or not, even if the gameplay was pretty run of the mill by your definition(although it is debatable they were the first big name to introduce the "golden tripod" of weapons, melee, and grenades where you could melee on the fly with any weapon and throw a grenade on the fly without switching to them) the impact of it's gameplay is felt in virtually every single modern shooter.

Also, the storyline of the single player is really where the game really shines. It's a space opera, for sure, but the "Ghost in the Shell" protagonist really helps you connect with the main character since you can never see his face. The themes at work in the game are truly epic and the story is as shallow or deep as you care to make it be. The story is MUCH deeper than it appears to be on the surface.

Vehicle combat. No other console shooter had a vehicle combat system as balanced and viable as H:CE. Now you see vehicle combat in just about every game, and usually not as well implemented as Halo's.

I think the Halo series gets a bad rap from PC FPS elitists and folks who think it is fashionable to disagree with the mainstream. Halo's impact is unquestionable. You might not like the game, but there's no denying that the game has molded the future of console FPS.

This is all said coming from someone who refuses to play H2/H3 online because the community has ruined the game. That, and the multiplayer balance of H1 and H2 is completely nonexistant and there is only ONE way you can play the game if you want to be competitive (pistol or BR). Love it or hate it, there's no denying it's importance to the console FPS genre.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Jan 22 2008, 04:02 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Jan 22 2008, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Well the game I hate most is the Driver series because of the 'Impossible' level they put in it. I don't mind games if you have to work at them, for instance 'Devil May Cry' where you need to learn the tatics and develop your skill.

Driver on the other hand goes along quite nicely then 'wham' they change the physics of the car you're driving so you get knocked about as though you're in a crisp bag!! I hate games where you need luck to progress rather than skill. I never finished Driver 2 because of the penulitmate level for this reason and me smashing up my joy pad in a fit of rage after failing my 100th atempt!! I'm not proud of myself for breaking my joypad but I was really frustrated!!

It why I've gone back to playing guitar at least I'm making some progress.

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:10 AM