2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Iluha Mtp Thread
Iluha
Sep 19 2009, 06:06 PM
GMC:er
1. What is the definition of interval?
An interval is the relationship between notes.

2. Term perfect interval applies to:

- fifths
-unison
-fourths
-octaves

3. When you rise the minor interval by a half step, which interval it becomes : ____Major______

5. When you rise the perfect interval by a half step, which interval it becomes: ___Augmented_______

6. If the root is note C ,

perfect octave =C
major 2nd =D
major 6th =A
minor 3rd =D#

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 20 2009, 12:14 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Perfect score! Congrats man!

Just make sure you have these interval "shapes" under fingers too,so you can easily play them on will - which will come handy latter on in improvising!

How are you doing with technique exercises? Where are you currently with them (bpm), how do they feel? Do you notice any progress?

On Monday new assignment will be posted!

Keep up the good work! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 20 2009, 12:14 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 20 2009, 09:53 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 20 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Perfect score! Congrats man!

Just make sure you have these interval "shapes" under fingers too,so you can easily play them on will - which will come handy latter on in improvising!

How are you doing with technique exercises? Where are you currently with them (bpm), how do they feel? Do you notice any progress?

On Monday new assignment will be posted!

Keep up the good work! smile.gif

I have to admit I was quite busy this week.. I needed to learn 9 new songs of my band, and for that other band there's actually a total of 40 songs I'll need to learn before the show next month, so with rehersals and working at home, I just neglected the technique exercise sad.gif
I hope that this week I'll be able to stay more focused and not neglect it.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 20 2009, 11:41 AM
Ok its not a problem! That's why I'm making this MTP reasonable on assignments and materials so everyone can make it. Assignments will usually take 2-4 hours a week to do, but if you spend more time - you will progress faster of course smile.gif

Next week we'll start with some improvising! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 21 2009, 07:26 PM
Weekly assignment 3:

Improvisation - roots and 5ths

Lesson to practice: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...bass-concept-1/

Goal : To learn the concept of improvising a walking bass line using roots and 5ths as a note choice in a 2 feel type of line.

Purpose : Develop improvising skills that will help you create more interesting bass lines. Be able to "jam" to any chord progression.

Instructions :

First check out the lesson and learn it by heart. Make sure you understand the concept behind this kind of improvisation. You want to use only roots and 5ths as your note choice. Make sure you follow the chord progression so that you connect what is being played with the chords in backing - that is very important. Walking bass line will be 2 feel - that means 2 half notes per bar. Try to get in that kind of groove and keep time well. Once you learn the lesson, start practicing your OWN improvisation over the same backing track. I want you to spend at least 2 hours during the just practicing your own improvising over the backing. When improvising I want you to play the backing and look at the printed chord staff (progression on paper) and by following chords - choose appropriate roots and 5ths for improvising.

Requirements :

Post updates on your practice daily if possible, describing what have you done. I want you to record in video (or audio only if you can't make it) your OWN roots and 5ths improvisation over the same backing. I will attach the backing track in a day or two, which you will be using to record your own improvisation during the weekend!

Deadline to complete: 27th of September

Good luck and remember to post your questions and progress!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 21 2009, 07:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 22 2009, 01:21 PM
As I promised :

Here is the backing track for this weeks assignment:

Attached File  120.mp3 ( 688.29K ) Number of downloads: 190

Chord progression:

Am - G - C - D - Em - Am - Em - Bm - G - Am

It's two bars for each chord. Follow the backing track and look at this progression in order to improvise the bass line.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 28 2009, 07:59 PM
Weekly assignment 4:

String muting and incorporating "dead notes" in a groove!

Lessons to practice:

Left hand muting exercises: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ting-exercises/
Dead Notes Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...d-notes-lesson/

Goal : To practice the string muting technique and be able to incorporate "dead notes" in a groove situation.

Purpose : Develop string muting technique and be able to add "dead notes" to grooves you compose!

Instructions :

First I want you to practice exercises included in the "Left Hand Muting Exercises" lesson. I want you to go through each exercise and to have this week at least 2 hours of practicing those exercises against a metronome.
Second task is to learn the "Dead Notes Lesson" and to record it! That will be an opportunity to practice this new technique in a groove situation (and to learn some other ways to produce dead notes).
Regarding time managment, try to finish the first task till Thursday and second one till Sunday.

Requirements :

Post updates on your practice daily if possible, describing what have you done.For the second task, I want you to record in video your performance of the "Dead Notes Lesson". I will post the backing track tomorrow!

Deadline to complete: 4th of October

Good luck and remember to post your questions and progress!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:51 AM