2 Pages V   1 2 >  
So The Economy Sucks
The Uncreator
Dec 2 2008, 09:55 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah, So today my boss gathered all of the employees and told us that since there is virtually no work left for us to do at the moment, We might have to take a few days off in the following weeks. Well for me I just got a phone call saying that I HAD to take wednesday and thursday off, so there is like $150-$175 I wont be seeing, Even worse. I got a $450 bill from my car insurance company, and a $230 bill for my last surgery for kidney stones, All that need to be paid, And I have about $300 in my bank......

Anyone else dealing with this kinda crap? Man it just sucks, I needed to complain to someone.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 2 2008, 10:01 PM
GMC:er
Sigh. Yeah, we might lose our house if we cant make some money here. this is what happens when you put retards like Henry paulson in charge of the economy. Hang in there!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 2 2008, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sad thing is that common people are the ones who have to pay for the sins of a few in Wall Street and other places like that around the globe... why don't they take the money from them in the first place?... Oh well...

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 2 2008, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Damm that's bad news guys, I'm starting to get into a bit of trouble myself My business is not doing to well ATM praying it will pick up soon fingers crossed.

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 2 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm not doing so bad currently fingers crossed. I have no savings though so if things do go bad I'm a bit screwed.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 2 2008, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Man, I hear you, I hope this doesn't get worse

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 3 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm half Icelandic and had a lot of my money on an Icelandic bank.

Do I need to say anything more? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 3 2008, 02:10 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your problems Uncreator and Guitarman700. I have been affected by the slow economy also. I lost my job of 22 years in May of 2006, and still haven't found steady work. I already lost my house and one of my cars. I'm trying to hang on to my Harley, but I may have to let that go too. The economy works in cycles, so it will get better. I just wish it would hurry the hell up! smile.gif In the meantime, I find guitar playing to be therapeutic. Hang in there guys, it will get better someday. smile.gif

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 3 2008, 02:26 AM
Well it must be a catastrophe over there in USA, cos repercussions are felt far, as I live on the otherside of earth and our economy too toppled in Turkey. I think bad times are at the door. It is already hard to earn a living in Turkey, and as a professional working band member it is even harder. Maybe China is the safest spot to live in the world without the fear of economic crisis... On a second though scratch that, I would be happier anywhere else laugh.gif

hang in people, I hope it'll be allright someday biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Dec 3 2008, 10:13 AM
Instructor
Sorry to hear that, here in Argentina that stuff happens like every 6 years, I was last year in Philadelphia and things were bad, I never thought that the situation would turn into what is today.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2008, 10:16 AM
I just found out that my pay day has been brought forward from December 30th to December 23rd. Woohoo. I get $3000 on the 23rd so I should be alright for Christmas. Good news at last smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 3 2008, 10:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Am I the only one who does not feel affected by it in the whole wide world? laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 3 2008, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Hard times coming...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor
This is why it is always good to keep some extra cash in the house if you need it mate. Not in a bank - in the house.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 3 2008, 12:52 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 3 2008, 12:25 PM) *
This is why it is always good to keep some extra cash in the house if you need it mate. Not in a bank - in the house.

Now, I agree with Ivan and I take this to a second degree, I dont want to seem like a 500 years old minded wacko but if you'll keep your money at home and not invest it in economical mesures, I seriously suggest buying good old GOLD and keep it in a safe at home. Yeah not the best investiment for a short period but Gold is nearly always valuable...

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2008, 01:06 PM
Or just always stay in the negative like me.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Dec 3 2008, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Dec 3 2008, 02:59 AM) *
I'm half Icelandic and had a lot of my money on an Icelandic bank.

Do I need to say anything more? sad.gif

I live in Iceland, and fortunatly I don´t have any money in the bank, but I have a loan that is skyrocketing every day. The company I work for had to lay off 40 people last week and lower some salerys about 10%. Thousands are loosing their jobs these days. The worst think is that nobody takes resposibility, all the largest banks in the country went bankrupt in the same week. It´s very depressing living here now, and I´ve given up on it, and thinking of moving somewhere else, and 1/3 of the country is thinking the same. We the puplic are paying for the "mistakes" of corrupted and greedy bankmanagers, investers and polititians. Thousands are facing loosing their homes, hard working people trying to build up their life over ther years has lost everything and can´t do anything about it. It´s very sad, and it´s getting worse every day. I´m thankful to still have my job I´ve had for the last 11 years, and I´ve had decent salery, but now it wont buy me much. Yesterday I went to musicstore to look at mbox2Pro, usually it costs about 600-700$ but now the price has jumped up to 1000$ and next week it might get even higher the salesperson says. The currency is of course ruined here, and it´s out of the question to buy anything from the internet, you would have to pay 3 times more for everything, because of the weak or ruined currency we have here. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif People are usually peaceful here but now protests and even riots are happening almost every day. People are angry, very very angry. mad.gif

It´s good to have the guitar and the music in all this horror. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Gilmore: Dec 3 2008, 04:28 PM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2008, 01:26 PM
Prices are going down in the uk. Its ace for the time being. Everything is cheaper to buy. Fortunately i do not have a mortgage so im not impacted on too heavily. I would hate to be a house owner right now.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Dec 3 2008, 02:29 PM
Gilmore that's very interesting, in the US I've heard very little coverage of the issues in Iceland. I've only heard bits and pieces about it. I really didn't know things were that bad.

Yeah I live in the US, I work for a school so I'm not hurting too bad... but as a whole this country and the whole world seems to be in a really bad spot. In the US, the tax payers are pumping billions of dollars into the auto industry and the banks.
When in capitalism is it okay to give hand outs to privatized industries? HEY MY DAD OWNS A SMALL BUSINESS AND HE'S NEARLY BANKRUPT CAN I HAVE 6.5 BILLION DOLLARS TOO? I PROMISE TO PAY IT BACK. It's all such a farce and I know some fat cat is making a killing while everyone else suffers for his greed.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 3 2008, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Some very sad news from you guys. I am sorry to hear what some of you are going trough. Especially people who might loose house and have to move to leave elsewhere. That is probably the hardest thing for anyone right now...

I worked in Boston for almost 3 years (2 for berklee and 3 for pagemusiclessoncenter). At that time I figured out its not worth staying and living there in a long run. No matter how much money you earn you have to pay huge amount on RENT (if its not rent its morgage for houses that are over priced at least 5 times from their value!!!) and I don't want to even get into health care and taxes... So I kinda sensed something was very wrong in USA in that financial department and that it was bound to collapse sooner or later. I left in April 2008 and after that elections happen as well as financial brake down. So glad I left in time and there was nothing I lost in the whole process.

My advice is to seek out your options , perhaps try to find good job abroad - the real estate is cheaper and if you have good salary it will be very easy to get house/apartment car and everything you need in less time than in USA - thats for sure.

Also, internet seems to be the future for every business nowdays so I recommend finding some work there as it has really good potential to make it.

Hope that helps and again I feel bad for people that lost their jobs and are hit by these financial crisis.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:49 PM