Rate My Sweeping!, please coment
Victafor
Oct 8 2007, 01:18 AM
GMC:er
ok so i learned the shapes from the steve vai lesson about a half hour ago and i thought i might post it so you guys could comment to see what i need to fix. Ive been playing for 6 months so keep that in mind as a factor of my progress. I did mess up on the last upward sweep but it doesnt happen every time. I had to use the 10th fret instead of 22 at the end cause i got 21 only

it is attached

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victafor: Oct 9 2007, 12:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  guitar_sweeps_001.mov ( 3.34MB ) Number of downloads: 289

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 9 2007, 10:01 AM
somebody rate....any advice?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PacmanProduction...
Oct 9 2007, 10:15 AM
nice! for the little "dinks" at the end, u could have pre bent the 21 fret up to the 22 fret sound and hit it... because it sounds as if there a little break before that

This post has been edited by PacmanProductions: Oct 9 2007, 10:17 AM

--------------------
You don't play the guitar, You play the music....

My Stuff:
Greg Bennett Avion
Peavey Rage 158
Zoom G1X Multi-effect Foot Pedal

My Wishlist!!!!
Ibanez JEM (any)
Herman Li's Sound Enhancement Pedal
a new acoustic
XBOX 360 Elite BABY!

My Myspace: www.myspace.com/pacman12494

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 9 2007, 10:44 AM
sounds good man. Damn i should really try sweeping

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Oct 9 2007, 10:51 AM
that was great biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wyvernx
Oct 9 2007, 12:25 PM
It was pretty good, up to that last part, now the hard part is speeding it up!

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 9 2007, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Wyvernx @ Oct 9 2007, 07:25 AM) *
It was pretty good, up to that last part, now the hard part is speeding it up!

its up to speed with the song. its the steve vai in the style of. I can sweep faster than that. o yeah sorry ill post another vid where i dont mess up at the end

QUOTE (Xranthoius @ Oct 9 2007, 05:51 AM) *
that was great biggrin.gif

thanx

QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 9 2007, 05:44 AM) *
sounds good man. Damn i should really try sweeping

thank you! you should. its my favorite technique biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PacmanProductions @ Oct 9 2007, 05:15 AM) *
nice! for the little "dinks" at the end, u could have pre bent the 21 fret up to the 22 fret sound and hit it... because it sounds as if there a little break before that

yea i tried pre bending it but it doesnt sound that great and it is hard to pre bend on the a string, then skip up to the e string and pre bend that fast with the exact pitch.

any more feedback any1?

This post has been edited by Victafor: Oct 9 2007, 12:53 PM

+Quote Post
Flaringo
Oct 9 2007, 01:10 PM
Sounds really good, mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 9 2007, 01:26 PM
QUOTE (Flaringo @ Oct 9 2007, 08:10 AM) *
Sounds really good, mate! biggrin.gif

thanx a lot

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 12 2007, 10:43 AM
any more advice from instructors?

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 12 2007, 03:45 PM
Your on the right track dude smile.gif You could tell you messed up though so i would try and practice that same riff over and over again untill it's 100% down then re-record it for us.I can definatly tell though that you have been improving in your playing since the last thing that i heard from you so thats good.Keep it up!Only thing though i would try and make sure i had the riff that i was recording down before i uploaded it.That just helps to know exacly where your at.Trust me i've got a long way to go on sweeping myself

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 13 2007, 06:43 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Oct 12 2007, 10:45 AM) *
Your on the right track dude smile.gif You could tell you messed up though so i would try and practice that same riff over and over again untill it's 100% down then re-record it for us.I can definatly tell though that you have been improving in your playing since the last thing that i heard from you so thats good.Keep it up!Only thing though i would try and make sure i had the riff that i was recording down before i uploaded it.That just helps to know exacly where your at.Trust me i've got a long way to go on sweeping myself

yes i see what you mean! but if i have it exactly down, then i dont need to post it! I just post these things for any advice on how i can improve! But yes i did mess up in that last part! i have another vid where i didnt mess up at the end but one of the slides when 1 fret past the desired fret and its not as clean

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Oct 13 2007, 07:17 AM
QUOTE (Victafor @ Oct 13 2007, 01:43 AM) *
yes i see what you mean! but if i have it exactly down, then i dont need to post it! I just post these things for any advice on how i can improve! But yes i did mess up in that last part! i have another vid where i didnt mess up at the end but one of the slides when 1 fret past the desired fret and its not as clean

I see your point smile.gif
If you had it perfect there would be no need to rate the sweep.I was just really refuring to the last part though.You did a good job keep it up,i enjoy checking out your playing.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 13 2007, 05:34 PM
Instructor
How can you tell it's perfect? wink.gif So re-recording is a good thing to do smile.gif

Keep practicing dude, it will get better with time! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Oct 15 2007, 06:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
i think its good smile.gif keep it up man

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 16 2007, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Oct 13 2007, 02:17 AM) *
I see your point smile.gif
If you had it perfect there would be no need to rate the sweep.I was just really refuring to the last part though.You did a good job keep it up,i enjoy checking out your playing.

thanx ill keep practicing

QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 13 2007, 12:34 PM) *
How can you tell it's perfect? wink.gif So re-recording is a good thing to do smile.gif

Keep practicing dude, it will get better with time! smile.gif

hehe.. i will keep practicing man! sweeping is my favorite technique! almost done with your sweep etude! i just need to get the legato part up to speed! very close though

QUOTE (visi0n @ Oct 15 2007, 01:40 AM) *
i think its good smile.gif keep it up man

thank you

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 16 2007, 11:37 PM
Instructor
Once you are done with it, make a record and post here! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Victafor
Oct 19 2007, 09:03 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 16 2007, 06:37 PM) *
Once you are done with it, make a record and post here! smile.gif

i will biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:59 AM