Crossroads Cover!, guitarist is awesome
stratman33
Apr 15 2007, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
Crossroads

guitarist rocks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by stratman33: Apr 15 2007, 05:07 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 15 2007, 10:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Gotta say these guys really rock!!! I checked out a few more of their Cream covers. Fantastic!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
acousticwanabee
Jul 10 2007, 09:52 PM
yea that solo is awesome i have been trying for about a month to get it
and still havnt got it as good as he has it

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 10 2007, 09:58 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif i thought you were talking about the duel from "Crossroads" with Steve Vai hahahaha Sorry - i'm outta house!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 10 2007, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (acousticwanabee @ Jul 10 2007, 03:52 PM) *
yea that solo is awesome i have been trying for about a month to get it
and still havnt got it as good as he has it

I got it down a month ago. live version on cream album. actually i consider this pretty easy, compared to the type of things people do today. it is 130bps, but today 130bps is more like what 200bps was back then, and nobody could play that well back then.

edited: removed bragging. bad habit i used to have, and it creeps up once in awhile.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 10 2007, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 10 2007, 11:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 10 2007, 11:29 PM) *
I got it down a month ago. live version on cream album. actually i consider this pretty easy, compared to the type of things people do today. it is 130bps, but today 130bps is more like what 200bps was back then, and nobody could play that well back then.

edited: removed bragging. bad habit i used to have, and it creeps up once in awhile.

Very often it's the "easy" songs that's the hardest to make sound good and interesting. If you're in a band and to get f.ex Crossroads to really fly it takes some effort. The riff itself, no problem, but that wasn't the point. It's not always about playing fast - the faster the better - but like in this case to get it to sound and feel good. That can be very hard.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 11 2007, 12:04 AM

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jul 11 2007, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 11 2007, 06:58 AM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif i thought you were talking about the duel from "Crossroads" with Steve Vai hahahaha Sorry - i'm outta house!! biggrin.gif

Me to!! i wanted to see vai get kicked again laugh.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 11 2007, 03:02 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 10 2007, 05:57 PM) *
Very often it's the "easy" songs that's the hardest to make sound good and interesting. If you're in a band and to get f.ex Crossroads to really fly it takes some effort. The riff itself, no problem, but that wasn't the point. It's not always about playing fast - the faster the better - but like in this case to get it to sound and feel good. That can be very hard.

I never said that quality should be sacrificed for speed. Just that 130bps in Clapton's time was nothing compared to what 130bps is now. Alternate picking does not even come into play here, speed done all with hammers and pull offs, hand in one position mostly. This guy on youtube played it just like Clapton Cream on a good day. No more to it, he just played it like Clapton, which other than a few spots with tricky rhythms, is pretty straightforward.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 11 2007, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
Gustavo
Jul 24 2007, 05:58 PM
pavel, i thought that too XD

i have that movie biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gustavo: Jul 24 2007, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post
Electric_Blues
Aug 2 2007, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 15 2007, 05:03 PM) *
Crossroads

guitarist rocks

that was amazing , those guys are really good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:18 AM