3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
New Lesson Rating Feature
Kristofer Dahl
May 14 2009, 02:57 PM
GMC Founder
The purpose of GMC is for YOU to get the best possible learning environment. This means that we constantly need to improve and question the site and its' features.

Today we have added a new feature which allows you to rate a lesson. Log into a lesson and you will see a new icon in the upper right corner - click it to rate the lesson! We are looking forward to hear if/how this works for you.

You will also find a new tab below the lesson video - which says "Statistics". In there you will find information about what others thought about the lesson, how many views it's got and which members currently are watching / practicing it.

In the long run - we hope this will lead to new lessons that suit your needs even better! smile.gif

On a different topic - you will also find that we have given the lesson search engine a little tweak. Try searching for your favorite terms and see if you can discover some new cool lessons smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: May 17 2009, 09:34 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
May 14 2009, 03:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice feature Kris , this is why GMC is the best site on the net , always looking for new ways to become better.

Thanks a lot Kris.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 14 2009, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
Wow, now that`s some upgrades! Kris you and your team doing terrible job! This place is getting better and better each time you add something new! I love GMC!!

I go check those new things smile.gif

Thank you Kris!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 14 2009, 03:01 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 14 2009, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Awesome

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 14 2009, 03:06 PM
I just voted for all Zsolt lessons, cool feature! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Statistics is great too! Much better!
I`ll check search engine now..

Now it finds much more lessons with exact same keywords! Awesome!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: May 14 2009, 03:11 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 14 2009, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Great additions and features, well done GMC team.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 14 2009, 03:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I noticed it a few minutes ago and was wondeing about it smile.gif
Pretty cool & useful cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bondy
May 14 2009, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Just noticed this, great new feature smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2009, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Excelent new feature! This will guide us a lot! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Praetorian
May 14 2009, 03:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Awesome new features! I noticed something strange though. When I click on Rate...nothing happens. UNTIL, I click on Statistics tab...then if I click on Rate, I am able to choose a rating. Not until I click on Statistics tab first though.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
skennington
May 14 2009, 03:59 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Great additions Kris, nice to see the site always improving! smile.gif

Just rated Gabriel's BSC lesson. For kicks and giggles, I rated it twice and noticed after refreshing the screen, the rate count did not change which is good. This way you get an accurate rating. However, on the second rating it still tell's me "thank you for your input etc..." Might be useful to have something saying "you have already rated this lesson" or something along those lines. Minor suggestion but I thought I'd throw it ou there. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
QUOTE (Praetorian @ May 14 2009, 09:46 AM) *
Awesome new features! I noticed something strange though. When I click on Rate...nothing happens. UNTIL, I click on Statistics tab...then if I click on Rate, I am able to choose a rating. Not until I click on Statistics tab first though.

It did not work for me either. I will try clicking statistics tab and see what happens. Using firefox.

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Great new feature !

Thanks Kris !

--------------------

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 14 2009, 04:00 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ May 14 2009, 05:46 PM) *

Just click on vote twice or three times, there will appear a text that you can see info in statistics, and that you already voted, then it`s done.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 14 2009, 04:04 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the bug report - I have reported it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red
May 14 2009, 04:10 PM
I press the rate button but nothing happens, what am i doing wrong?

--------------------
Guitars: Epiphone SG, a really bad Telecaster (First Electric), Acoustic guitar (Unknown brand).

Amplifier: Marshall MG 30DFX.

Soon to come: Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 14 2009, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 14 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Thanks for the bug report - I have reported it!

i've got another

Attached Image

It happens everytime, truncates 3rd and 4th list item, clips off 5th entirely

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 14 2009, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ May 14 2009, 06:12 PM) *
i've got another

Attached Image

It happens everytime, truncates 3rd and 4th list item, clips off 5th entirely

Firefox? Don`t tried it.
On IE no problems, on Opera too.

+Quote Post
berko
May 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the great add Kris! I really love the idea...

For me the only hassle with it is that no although I've verified my paypal stuff for a lesson it requests it again. But that's only a click

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 14 2009, 04:20 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ May 14 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Firefox? Don`t tried it.
On IE no problems, on Opera too.

On Firefox, yes.

If I make the browser size smaller, more gets truncated. But even at full size, much is lost of the print. Using a lap top. Happens every time, I showed the picture so that left no doubt about it.

edit: I tried IE. Still had issue of having to click the stats tab first. But the truncation was apparently not there, I saw 4 choices, the last one being None. So this appears to be problem using Firefox.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 14 2009, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:07 AM