Awesome Riff!, Dave Weiner
axelsson
Feb 17 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
Hi just wanted to share this string skipping riff to all of you! It's Dave Weiner playing, he plays with Steve Vai. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbtWZJe5fLk

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 17 2008, 11:46 AM
Get to da Chopper!
that was prety damn clean for something skipping that many strings so often ....nice one thanks for the share

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Feb 17 2008, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post
axelsson
Feb 17 2008, 11:48 AM
for sure biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 17 2008, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Yeah!! Winer is Awesome. I listened him for first time, the first time I saw Steve Vai here in Argentina... and I didn't belive what I my eyes saw!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 03:24 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
He has a solo album out, i cant remember what its called, but it got amazing review when it debuted.

Either way, the riff is great, very cool smile.gif

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 17 2008, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
yeah dave weiner is awesome !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Dave is doing his job in Vai's band pretty good! But he's not too obsessed with technique and he said it himself. Still i like how he plays rhythm guitar in Vai's band smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 22 2008, 02:41 PM
Instructor
Dave is an awesome musician, his solo albums name was "Shove The Sun Aside". It's a really cool album, check it out:)

I love his "Riff of the week" lessons at youtube, there's a new lesson every week, check it out :

https://www.youtube.com/user/DAVEWEINER

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 22 2008, 03:34 PM
Pretty cool riff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:53 AM