My Right Hand Practice: Question
Kalidia
Dec 6 2011, 11:42 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi! I'm working on my right hand every day, I do this exercise explained Danilo Capezzuto (thanks!) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ht-hand-basic1/ and i'm very satisfied because i'm able to play it better every day. I play it completely relaxed and with full control of my picking hand. Every morning i do stretching and warming up and then begin to pick a single note slowly until i'm able to play the previous mentioned exercise perfect.

Unfortunately before i play it perfect it tooks 1 or 2 hours!! My question is, will this time decrease after some weeks? Does this take so long because i'm still learning picking and has it to do with muscles memories?

(Final question: Do you understand my english? it's been a while since i dont' write something difficult in english biggrin.gif )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
PosterBoy
Dec 6 2011, 12:01 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Dec 6 2011, 10:42 AM) *
Hi! I'm working on my right hand every day, I do this exercise explained Danilo Capezzuto (thanks!) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ht-hand-basic1/ and i'm very satisfied because i'm able to play it better every day. I play it completely relaxed and with full control of my picking hand. Every morning i do stretching and warming up and then begin to pick a single note slowly until i'm able to play the previous mentioned exercise perfect.

Unfortunately before i play it perfect it tooks 1 or 2 hours!! My question is, will this time decrease after some weeks? Does this take so long because i'm still learning picking and has it to do with muscles memories?

(Final question: Do you understand my english? it's been a while since i dont' write something difficult in english biggrin.gif )

Firstly your English is great, I didn't realise it wasn't your native language until the last sentence you wrote!

It looks a good exercise I think I'll add it to my practice. It's definitely a muscle memory and brain - finger connection thing. Consistent and frequent practice is key (this is where I've failed in the past)

What I'll do with it (and this may help you) is get it into my brain and in my fingers first, so both understand what they should be doing.

Then I'll find a tempo that I can play it at but have to focus so I don't make mistakes(let's say that is 80 bpm), keep it at that tempo for a week.

The last day of the week push the tempo up 85 bpm or 90 bpm, if I can do it and it feels like 80 bpm did at the beginning of the week (ie.I can play it at but have to focus so I don't make mistakes) that will be the next weeks tempo for the exercise.

It will probably be at most 10 mins of my practice session, at the start, I'll then work on other things.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Dec 6 2011, 12:05 PM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 6 2011, 12:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Dec 6 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Training process known to be stressful sometimes! The brain needs time to absorb what you still learning. Each new attempt goes better and better. Of course, the complicated things require more time but it is most important not to lose the will !You're on the right track, keep rocking smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 6 2011, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hello!!! I think you need to warm up before you play it's different for everybody! Some people might take more time to warm up so they can play everything right. But it seems like you are doing everything right so keep going and you will get results!

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Dec 7 2011, 03:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks everybody for the useful advice smile.gif i'm going to work hard on this on the next weeks cool.gif

This post has been edited by Kalidia: Dec 7 2011, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 8 2011, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Great advice from everyone! Patience solves everything smile.gif I used to think that acquiring technical proficiency is done through some sort of secret exercise or magical formula when I was about 17 biggrin.gif but I found out later that the formula is called PRACTICE tongue.gif it's tough sometimes, faith and ambition can do MUCH more than any magical formula! Keep on rocking!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 8 2011, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Don't worry, that is normal, just be patient. And your English is great! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:17 PM