Too Much Gear?
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2013, 03:32 AM
GMC:er
Ever get the feeling you have one too many pieces of gear? Im starting to think I'm going to have to either break through a wall, or sell some gear. I hate selling gear. I've always been happy about gear I've kept. I've been hit or miss on gear I've sold. How about you guys?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 16 2013, 03:50 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
WOW! I have never sold one any.. Once I tried but couldn't. I am on the same path as you... but now, I am going to carefully buy things. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 16 2013, 04:15 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 16 2013, 02:32 AM) *
Ever get the feeling you have one too many pieces of gear?

No...especially since I know that all I need to do is buy one more piece of gear, and then I'll be good on the guitar smile.gif. Of course I keep saying that after I buy each piece of gear smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Feb 16 2013, 05:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I made a commitment to myself: I'll only buy an expensive piece of new gear once I feel like my skill has progressed past the point it was when I got my last piece of expensive gear.

I do regret getting rid of some gear, like the Peavey Predator and a UK made Valvestate Marshall Combo sad.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2013, 11:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I try to sell all the gear I don't have any special use for. Usually I always plan an upgrade for the same purpose (for example if I'm selling audio interface I plan a new one before selling the old). This does make it easier for me to part with the gear (there is somehow almost always an upgrade out there) - now the trick I pull on myself is that I actually don't get the upgraded item untili I really need it. This helps me get only gear I plan to actually use. I have noticed that this gives me a real pleasure too - when I look at the gear I have and know how much usage it gets almost daily.

I do love getting new gear, especially stomp boxes! smile.gif

p.s. There is no such thing as too much gear! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 16 2013, 05:37 PM
Yes. I don't like to talk about it. I have a problem ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2013, 07:39 PM
I've started taking steps to deal with my "Gear Addiction" smile.gif I"ve sold the VETTA HD head, and most of the stomp boxes I wasn't using. But then I bought a Behringer V-Amp, Pod 2.0 and Rocktron Cyborg Distortion. I"m going to sell all of those as well since I really don't need them. Ebay here I come!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2013, 07:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 16 2013, 07:39 PM) *
But then I bought a Behringer V-Amp, Pod 2.0 and Rocktron Cyborg Distortion.

Nature always finds the way to balance itself! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 17 2013, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure I understand the question... biggrin.gif

I haven't sold a guitar yet, and have only sold one amp and two pedals... I have a lot of gear. But that being said, it's all useable stuff, even if one of my guitars needs a new bridge to be functional, it's still a guitar I would play and prefer to keep. I'm trying to sell one RG350DX but I honestly can't even give away the darn thing!! Other than that I keep everything because I don't like selling gear, and it all has a use.

I try to only by gear if I'm at a point where I feel my skills have developed enough to warrant something better, or if something is on sale and I would use it in the future (For example, I buy a lot of pedals when they go on sale so I can make pedal demos).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2013, 02:40 AM
I"ll take the RG350DX!!! Gotta picture of it? Is it on Ebay?

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Feb 17 2013, 12:39 AM) *
I'm not sure I understand the question... biggrin.gif

I haven't sold a guitar yet, and have only sold one amp and two pedals... I have a lot of gear. But that being said, it's all useable stuff, even if one of my guitars needs a new bridge to be functional, it's still a guitar I would play and prefer to keep. I'm trying to sell one RG350DX but I honestly can't even give away the darn thing!! Other than that I keep everything because I don't like selling gear, and it all has a use.

I try to only by gear if I'm at a point where I feel my skills have developed enough to warrant something better, or if something is on sale and I would use it in the future (For example, I buy a lot of pedals when they go on sale so I can make pedal demos).

+Quote Post
Splinterhead
Feb 23 2013, 05:09 AM
Its funny this thread popped up. I just sold my first piece of gear, a guitar, a week or so ago. I kinda hoard gear a little bit. It felt pretty liberating. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 23 2013, 06:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Feb 15 2013, 11:39 PM) *
I made a commitment to myself: I'll only buy an expensive piece of new gear once I feel like my skill has progressed past the point it was when I got my last piece of expensive gear.

I do regret getting rid of some gear, like the Peavey Predator and a UK made Valvestate Marshall Combo sad.gif

I use this guideline as well. smile.gif I don't have a lot of funds so I make myself earn it. Which means it motivates me to PRACTICE more!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 16 2013, 11:37 AM) *
Yes. I don't like to talk about it. I have a problem ohmy.gif

Ken, this busted me up! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:19 PM